• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

silentownage001

Reaction score
i wear 10/43 in high tops Sl10h and johdpur but wyatt i buy 43 1/2 and i never in my life wore 43 1/2 in anything. I guess worst part is it’s harder to find deals since i only really buy on eBay ?

got some new black suede johdpur 43 for like $400

SL10H high top black / metallic blue for $80 (yes $80 and they are authentic) ?

also bought some slightly pre owned Wyatt in gray that i ended up dyeing to black for like $200.... long story short I’ve been buying and wearing slp for a dime and a song for years now ?

Sizing can be so weird.

I would love to get the Wyatts in grey, either chelseas or jodhpurs. I don't really like the idea of buying used shoes unless they are lightly used. Even then I'd prefer new.

I'm thinking the next pair will either be the zip boots in the land suede so I can get a 40mm heel and a different color or I'll do the jodhpurs, probably in light tobacco. Some retailers seem to have older seasons of the jodhpurs in a lighter tan. It'll depend on what's available when I'm ready to buy. Black suede is also a consideration if it's available, but I think I'd rather get other colors first.

The harness boots will probably be the last acquisition.

cs54

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this piece, which is a black-and-white striped baja cardigan hoodie - e.g., whether it's a well regarded/sought after item, what season it's from, if you're into it, etc. I'm a little clueless on SLP but happen to have one of these and can't really use it so am planning to sell (size L, BNWT). Trying to get a sense of whether that's going to be hard or easy; haven't really seen other listings for it. Thanks!
Trying this once more, with a couple edits. Any thoughts are welcome, cheers!

giasty

Reaction score
Hi everybody
By surfing on web I found this page:
I'm not sure, but maybe it seems that in US there is still the possibility to order this jacket. (if I change the flag "shipping to United States" to "Italy", it goes on homepage, and than I'm not able to find again that jacket).
Do you think that in US is really still possible to have it, brand new?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Giasty, this is a great jacket, I am familiar with it. I am friendly with a SA in New York, and they probably have the 42 or 44. I'm sure they'd be able to ship it to Italy, that said, I wonder how returns would work if it weren't a good fit. For you, I'd assume 42 would be best, as that is what I would use, and this would give you a little room to layer in a light hoodie, etc. Anyway, PM me and I'll send you the name/contact if you'd like. Not sure if you've seen fit pics of it, but I've seen some and it's basically the perfect cut, ha. I have some Saint Laurent lamb and it's exquisitely soft.

HighGround

Reaction score
Anyone able to LC these jeans for me? I have mostly moved away from SL but wanted these a ton when they were originally presented, so I might buy them for my past self.

Attachments

• lc1.jpg
    lc1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 43
  • lc2.jpg
    lc2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 94
  • lc3.jpg
    lc3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 103

lasteferih

Reaction score
Just received these sandals from the new collection. While I absolutely love the way they look, I’m not too sure how comfortable they are to wear.

Does anyone from a warmer climate have expierence with these?
BAF05B58-2257-46D4-B142-E0495BBB0B57.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super cool looking and the juxtaposition to the wood floor helps. ;). I’ve worn similar with a hemp-esque fabric and it’s all about the heel since that tends to move. It looks as though those are protected with some leather so you should be good.

Trixz

Reaction score
What is the opinion on these distressed jeans and sneakers? I own zero distressed jeans but I kind of like the wash of these. View attachment 1589001

The jeans look really nice on you! The fit and wash looks great!

Keep in mind I’m a minimalist and am 35 Y/O that had never jumped into the ripped denim trend. With that said, every distressed denim I’ve tried with rips on them I have not felt confident wearing, so they sat collecting dust in my closet. They ended up being an expensive lesson about my identity that I don’t feel comfortable wearing ripped denim because it’s as if I’m growing out of my whippersnapper days and is very different than how my friends dress. Thus, I’d stand out from my Midwestern peers. I’d much rather roll with my Celine union wash denim that is distressed enough for me to feel cool but still a trendy adult. As for the shoes, I’m all about white shoes. I think now you are getting the picture that I’m becoming boring! But that’s just me!

At the end of the day, it’s all about what makes you feel good and are confident to wear. You look dope in them and if you feel dope and will wear them a lot I’d say go for it!

silentownage001

Reaction score
What is the opinion on these distressed jeans and sneakers? I own zero distressed jeans but I kind of like the wash of these. View attachment 1589001

I agree with the above post. They look good. I don't usually like lighter washed jeans nor a ton of distressing.

I've never had ripped jeans outside of any that ripped from wear and those weren't kept. I'm keeping an eye out for a pair of black jeans with a raw hem and ripped only at the knee, more of a **** I suppose. Not sure I'll find it. Might be a DIY/take it to a tailor thing.

The sneakers are cool too. The red gives a nice pop. I like my white sneakers to have some kind of contrasting color. I find all white to be a bit boring.

Randeep

Reaction score
The jeans fit nicely (assuming those background mirrors aren't serving to be deceptive). But are those the Vac jeans with the V shaped notches in the front pocket ? I'm not sure how I feel about that or whether I could ever see past it - but I only say that from the perspective of being fortunate enough to own a fair few earlier season Hedi SL jeans. On that note, I've got a biased preference to distressing on earlier pairs - I'm not sure if I'd feel the distressing on this pair you're trying looks a bit wonky - what with the stitch repair on the knee and then a randomly assigned slash high up the thigh.

Here's some examples that I think look a little less 'random' in their distressing:

FW13 little crash:
fw13_little_crash.jpeg

FW13 knee blowouts:
fw13_knee_blowout.jpeg

I know those are extreme compared to the pair you're trying. I tried to find a stock image of the pair a friend has from an earlier season (2016-2017, not sure exactly) but I couldn't, so the below cropped image of him will have to do:

16_to_17.jpeg

I'm trying to illustrate that it's got a distressing on the knee (that grew bigger a little with age), and then a subtle laceration above it. It fits the bill of 'a little distressing' that you're looking for, but edges ahead in that it doesn't look as... clumsy? .. if compared to the pair you're trying - so personally I would pass.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super helpful above. I went with the black SL hoodie because I can never have enough of those (love the little pop of color in the center) and the sneakers, which have quickly rocketed to some of my favorites. Very different than my current Dior-forward collection.

Still vacillating on the jeans. Love the wash, knee blow outs are difficult on me, since they'll probably be too low (I'm 5'6"!), but point well taken that the distressing is otherwise somewhat random. As if I were really into sanding and got a little overzealous on the thigh. ;)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randeep very good eye on the pockets. Those are AV jeans above with larger pockets and some v-shape aesthetic on the sides. I almost forgot I do have SL distressed jeans from maybe 2016, also MIJ, but less of an intense distressed effect. I'm so quirky that these get almost zero wear because the pockets are very small, haha, and on skinny jeans small pockets obviate almost any modicum of utility.

IMG_0706.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads