• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cameron1138

Reaction score
Can anyone identify whether this women's shirt I found for sale is legit or not? It's priced very low and the hibscus print looks off to me so I'm assuming it's fake, but I can't find a closeup picture of the women's version of this shirt to compare it to. The seller didn't post a picture of the neck tag.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.52.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.52.png
    561.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.43.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.43.png
    640.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.34.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.34.png
    621 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.21.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.21.png
    547.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 16.03.09.png
    290 KB · Views: 132

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blind. In all seriousness, I don't think I've seen such a large tag on a women's garment such as that, usually, there is a medium sized and then a smaller sized tag, the pattern seems wack, the floral thing just happened this season, nothing earlier that I recall, and the collar seems off, plus, the sleeves are way too billowy for most Saint Laurent. It looks like a sweatshop piece; I'd steer clear unless you're really into the seller's nail polish.

Cameron1138

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured, but I've not seen much of this shirt so I couldn't tell. I thought it looked like this one from a few years ago but the flower print doesn't have the two-toned red the real one looks like it has. I couldn't tell if the collar just looked weird because of how it was sitting or if the shape was actually off.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Not sure if it's fake or not, as the hibiscus shirt was super low volume production wise and didn't sell too hard either. I remember trying it on and the fit and material seemed really strange. The material itself looks legit from the fourth pic, but I remember it being super itchy and scratchy. It flowed great but felt like ****. The biggest flag to me is the lack of a western yoke and snap buttons, all the shirts I've seen had those two details. Could be a variance between men and womens though. The pattern itself wasn't the same between shirts so that's not necessarily a giveaway.

7652102843dbfed0cee0c4adac8fcdd5.jpg

954399e7d46fab21621541e10ecb0cae.jpg

676493bbf0581df08ae179e153ad2e38.jpg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Can anyone identify whether this women's shirt I found for sale is legit or not? It's priced very low and the hibscus print looks off to me so I'm assuming it's fake, but I can't find a closeup picture of the women's version of this shirt to compare it to. The seller didn't post a picture of the neck tag.

It seems weird that the seller only included one picture of just one tag. If you wanted to sell your item, wouldn't you also take a picture of the neck tag and the tag with the Saint Laurent name on it? Not saying it's fake, but it's either shady or simply not smart by the seller.

Cameron1138

Reaction score
Not sure if it's fake or not, as the hibiscus shirt was super low volume production wise and didn't sell too hard either. I remember trying it on and the fit and material seemed really strange. The material itself looks legit from the fourth pic, but I remember it being super itchy and scratchy. It flowed great but felt like ****. The biggest flag to me is the lack of a western yoke and snap buttons, all the shirts I've seen had those two details. Could be a variance between men and womens though. The pattern itself wasn't the same between shirts so that's not necessarily a giveaway.
I thought it might be the women's version of the shirt, which has an (I assume removable) bow and lacks the Western details. Too bad about it being uncomfortable though, I really love the hibiscus pattern.

papillo

Reaction score
First outing for the SLP peacoat ebay find, it is freezing today, 8 degrees with a wind chill and this is VERY cosy, all I have is a t and a thin sweater on so it is passing that test! Loving wearing it too. Have always liked peacoats for how you feel very smart but not too stuffy as you would an epsom or full DB overcoat.
View attachment 1579469
View attachment 1579472
View attachment 1579474

Looks great on you, and thats a heck of a bargain. I have the toggle coat, Their coats are so heavy and warm.

cs54

Reaction score
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows what season this piece is from - it's a black-and-white striped baja cardigan hoodie - and whether it's a well regarded/sought after item. I don't know much about the brand but happen to have one of these in size L (bnwt) that I can't really use so planning to sell it. Trying to get a sense of whether that's going to be hard or easy; haven't really seen other listings for it. Thanks!

giasty

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Copped my first SLP purchase recently and wanted to do a fit check with the knowledgeable folks on the forum here :)
That's very beautiful... Can I ask you more info about the size you choosed and your usual size? I never tried a SLP piece, but this could be in my first order... :) (I'm 113 lb, 5.54 feet, I surely will go with XS but I don't know the fit...)

the_lebowski

Reaction score
I got this jacket in a small. Usually I am a small as well but depending on the piece (e.g. sweatshirts, sweaters), I sometimes get a medium too.

For reference, I am around 150lbs and a little over 5'9

giasty

Reaction score
I got this jacket in a small. Usually I am a small as well but depending on the piece (e.g. sweatshirts, sweaters), I sometimes get a medium too.

For reference, I am around 150lbs and a little over 5'9
Thank you!! Your physique seems very different from mine, so maybe for me XS will be big... :) I will try anyway...Thanks!

ASAPRice

Reaction score
That's very beautiful... Can I ask you more info about the size you choosed and your usual size? I never tried a SLP piece, but this could be in my first order... :) (I'm 113 lb, 5.54 feet, I surely will go with XS but I don't know the fit...)
I'm basically the same measurements as you (41cm shoulder, 46 p2p, cropped jackets I prefer a back length of 54-56cm) and a 44 was definitely longer and boxier than I'd like. The 40F/42F may fit you well though. I do tend towards slightly cropped jacket though, prefer when they hit around belt line if not higher.

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My chelseas arrived today. They shipped on Friday.

They are very nice and I'm glad I went with the 41. No way could I have gone down a size. Half a size would likely have been too small as well. My toes would be shoved into the toebox. From a couple things I've seen on Youtube that are within the last year it seems the Wyatts run true to size now. Based on my experience I concur.

With thin socks I had a bit of heel slip on the left boot and basically none on the right. I had the same experience with my AEs and that decreased with wear. With slightly thicker socks it eliminated the heel slip entirely.

Now to break them in and enjoy them (and to stop eyeing the Jodhpurs. At least for a few months).

i wear 10/43 in high tops Sl10h and johdpur but wyatt i buy 43 1/2 and i never in my life wore 43 1/2 in anything. I guess worst part is it’s harder to find deals since i only really buy on eBay ?

got some new black suede johdpur 43 for like $400

SL10H high top black / metallic blue for $80 (yes $80 and they are authentic) ?

also bought some slightly pre owned Wyatt in gray that i ended up dyeing to black for like $200.... long story short I’ve been buying and wearing slp for a dime and a song for years now ?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! Your physique seems very different from mine, so maybe for me XS will be big... :) I will try anyway...Thanks!

Yes, I'd look for XXS (42) if I were you. I am a little bit bigger than you, 5'6" 123-5 pounds, and usually do XS but sometimes even I'll do XXS in SL for certain pieces, usually outerwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads