• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dibidoolandas

Reaction score
I'm a (heavy) 30-31 and my go-to size is 95. This allows for using the middle hole comfortably, or one tighter depending on weight fluctuations.

A couple of belts I have in sz90 (3 passant/geometric) as backups, as occasionally I might be more of a (slim) 30 and I had it in my mind that I'd use smaller belts in those cases. In reality, I continue to use my size 95 rather than add wear to the backups.

This western belt I have in size 95. I would with that belt make an exception and not go down to size 90, because "more is more" with the excess on that belt - i.e. you might typically wear that belt in a fashion where you don't fold it through the belt loop, or do, but in either case you have a little overhang (weighted down by the metal tip at the end) to give it a more casual western vibe.

So with all that in mind at your waist size, I'd say you'd either want 95 (with the risk of potentially not being long enough to give that cool overhang), otherwise 100, but then potentially you won't go wrong with 105 either depending on how you intend to style it.
Thanks for the reply and glad I asked. One popped up in an 80cm and the owner said he thought it might work for me - agree that even if I could make it work it would look a little tight and not overhand at all. Thanks again.

Randeep

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and glad I asked. One popped up in an 80cm and the owner said he thought it might work for me - agree that even if I could make it work it would look a little tight and not overhand at all. Thanks again.

Edited my post with a couple of images in case I wasn't illustrating the point clearly.

A size 80 SL belt will never be the correct size for a 31/32 waist so no idea how that seller could even say "might".

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to chime in with my belt experience, agreed, cannot imagine the 80 cm belt working for a 31/32. IIRC, I wear a 80cm in Dior/SL belts (it's been a while since I've purchased one), and my jeans size is 27/28.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I get 90m/95cm belts and my jean size is mainly 30-31. All depends on the belt since some fit longer/shorter

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Just to chime in with my belt experience, agreed, cannot imagine the 80 cm belt working for a 31/32. IIRC, I wear a 80cm in Dior/SL belts (it's been a while since I've purchased one), and my jeans size is 27/28.

Same

silentownage001

Reaction score
My chelseas arrived today. They shipped on Friday.

They are very nice and I'm glad I went with the 41. No way could I have gone down a size. Half a size would likely have been too small as well. My toes would be shoved into the toebox. From a couple things I've seen on Youtube that are within the last year it seems the Wyatts run true to size now. Based on my experience I concur.

With thin socks I had a bit of heel slip on the left boot and basically none on the right. I had the same experience with my AEs and that decreased with wear. With slightly thicker socks it eliminated the heel slip entirely.

Now to break them in and enjoy them (and to stop eyeing the Jodhpurs. At least for a few months).

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Can never have too many pins, I lost my SS16 palm tree unfortunately.

DDA9EB7E-6FCD-433F-AE70-82F30B2F8536.jpeg

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Super cool, I like that Princess Di looking pin on the collar, though the big circular badge at the bottom to me feels like it throws off the balance a little.
I’m obsessed with princess Diana haha yeh I might put that one on another jacket

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that jacket too and it's such an easy go-to in the spring/summer for me. I throw it on often around the house too the fit is so perfect. I don't have the pins so lacks about 90% of your version's pizazz.

donny5

Reaction score
Hi

First SLP piece, well since some YSL in the 90s that is! Picked up this peacoat on Ebay for £200. Absolutely delighted with it for the price, it certainly looks and feels like it has never been worn!

I have a few questions. Firstly, fit. This is a 50, to me it feels great on, but I'm wondering for a Saint Laurent is it not form fitting enough? That said, at my age, pushing 40, I don't exactly want skin tight anything.

Secondly, is this definitely legit? The next cheapest on Ebay is 800 so it does have me wondering.

Thirdly, anyone know at a glance which season this is from?

Many thanks!
20210320_024305.jpg

20210320_024357.jpg

20210320_024643.jpg
20210320_024435.jpg

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Hi

First SLP piece, well since some YSL in the 90s that is! Picked up this peacoat on Ebay for £200. Absolutely delighted with it for the price, it certainly looks and feels like it has never been worn!

I have a few questions. Firstly, fit. This is a 50, to me it feels great on, but I'm wondering for a Saint Laurent is it not form fitting enough? That said, at my age, pushing 40, I don't exactly want skin tight anything.

Secondly, is this definitely legit? The next cheapest on Ebay is 800 so it does have me wondering.

Thirdly, anyone know at a glance which season this is from?

Many thanks!
View attachment 1578127
View attachment 1578128
View attachment 1578129
At 200 I'd be pretty surprised if it's legit, but sometimes people on Ebay don't know what things are worth. I've never seen one go for sub 600~ or so. Pretty sure peacoats came out FW13, 14 and 15. Do you have pics of the wash tag and product codes (and maybe a closer pic of the SLP tag)? It'd be easier to legit check that way.

donny5

Reaction score
At 200 I'd be pretty surprised if it's legit, but sometimes people on Ebay don't know what things are worth. I've never seen one go for sub 600~ or so. Pretty sure peacoats came out FW13, 14 and 15. Do you have pics of the wash tag and product codes (and maybe a closer pic of the SLP tag)? It'd be easier to legit check that way.
Certainly

20210320_114843.jpg

20210320_114925.jpg

20210320_114950.jpg

20210320_114941.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads