• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

funkyprez

Reaction score
I also feel my Celine 40mm beat my SL 40mm boots in terms of comfort. Maybe this is just me, but the tradeoff comes at the expense of not having that click-clack sound on hard surfaces, which is strangely satisfying to me.

Back to the OP, how would you style the boots? If it’s the same clothes that you wear with your Thursday boots or Allen Edmonds, I still think the 30mm chelsea will be a nice gateway boot.

silentownage001

Reaction score
I also feel my Celine 40mm beat my SL 40mm boots in terms of comfort. Maybe this is just me, but the tradeoff comes at the expense of not having that click-clack sound on hard surfaces, which is strangely satisfying to me.

Back to the OP, how would you style the boots? If it’s the same clothes that you wear with your Thursday boots or Allen Edmonds, I still think the 30mm chelsea will be a nice gateway boot.

I don't wear the AEs much, but when I have it's been with dark blue jeans as it's a lighter brown. I'd also wear it with a navy suit.

For my Greats and Thursdays I wear jeans. Black, grey, dark blue, off white on occasion (not with the Thursdays though). My Levis are the 510s, leg opening is about 13 inches. My Express jeans are the skinny fit with a leg opening of about 12.5 inches. They are noticeably skinnier compared to the Levis. Not a ton, but enough to notice.

I primarily wear solid color t-shirts. Whenever I return to the office I'd still wear jeans as it's a casual environment. Otherwise I've worn polos and long sleeve t-shirts to work. At some point I'll try branching out with different button ups. I'm thinking I'll start with a more casual denim shirt if I find the right one. I'm definitely nowhere near a full SLP look lol.

Also, my Thursdays are the Dukes in black leather and they have a 1 inch heel or about 25mm. The 30mm SLPs shouldn't be much of a shift for me. 40mm would definitely be a jump.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Maybe this is just me, but the tradeoff comes at the expense of not having that click-clack sound on hard surfaces, which is strangely satisfying to me.
you gotta listen to the sound of duckies, not only is there a satisfying tap from the leather sole, but the buckle clinks as well. Full pirate mode. Sometimes I wish I still had my pair, although they were too small for me and the construction was pretty **** tbh

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bringing you that cocaina ❄

85F0D755-73F7-4756-A238-E0AD31344E4F.jpeg

SLP L01
White button up
Naked & famous waxed
SLP Johdpur

Last edited:

silentownage001

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from the YSL site recently? Last Wednesday evening I ordered the Wyatt 30 Chelseas in tobacco. I received the confirmation shortly after. I haven't gotten anything since then. My account does show the order status as confirmed.

It's only been 3 business days and I'm guessing their facility is short-staffed to limit the number of people in there. Just curious if this is typical or not.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from the YSL site recently? Last Wednesday evening I ordered the Wyatt 30 Chelseas in tobacco. I received the confirmation shortly after. I haven't gotten anything since then. My account does show the order status as confirmed.

It's only been 3 business days and I'm guessing their facility is short-staffed to limit the number of people in there. Just curious if this is typical or not.
Yeah, keep in mind that they sometimes ship it between stores/stores in other countries.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yes, I've noticed longer waits. I don't even think they offer overnight shipping in the US at this time. It's a bit random but it'll come. ;)

silentownage001

Reaction score
Yeah, keep in mind that they sometimes ship it between stores/stores in other countries.

Good to know! For some reason I imagined they had a warehouse somewhere fulfilling orders like a lot of other companies. I'm sure they do have a warehouse of some kind, but it makes more sense to keep merchandise at stores to keep it moving.

oh yes, I've noticed longer waits. I don't even think they offer overnight shipping in the US at this time. It's a bit random but it'll come. ;)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I don't believe I saw other shipping options. Then again I always pick the cheapest shipping option. It says 3-6 days once it ships which is not bad at all.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they definitely have a warehouse...or at least I remember that their online commerce is part of the yoox group, which I assume has a huge warehouse in teh usa.

On a sidenote, there are some new suede leather jackets on the site, that look pretty cool to me.

puttysan

Reaction score
wtb: saint laurent fw15 viscose paint abstract shirt in 41
missed this on grailed.
need this!

Attachments

• ceb8125e-41f0-4c24-85a6-fb353b00f0f9.jpg
    ceb8125e-41f0-4c24-85a6-fb353b00f0f9.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 120

TheoLincoln

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if these d10 jeans raw hem has been unaltered, original? The inseam is 29in

Attachments

• 5B950A97-0D08-4CC2-BB96-AB6836ACFC36.jpeg
    5B950A97-0D08-4CC2-BB96-AB6836ACFC36.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 20
  • E438F2A9-1DEA-4D9E-9AE2-C813D67C25DA.jpeg
    E438F2A9-1DEA-4D9E-9AE2-C813D67C25DA.jpeg
    561.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 1A48705C-B170-4568-861C-8C2C61C13094.jpeg
    1A48705C-B170-4568-861C-8C2C61C13094.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 33
  • BB082ADB-12CA-4328-ACEB-E476E99C6381.jpeg
    BB082ADB-12CA-4328-ACEB-E476E99C6381.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 51

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more shearling to rule them all?

IMG_0521.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg

(I cross posted this on the Celine thread, where I'm a bit more active although fits better here, since jacket, denim, and boots are SL. I mentioned there that I think black jeans would be the better pairing.)

Randeep

Reaction score
If I can manage to track down this style western belt for or a 31/32” waist, what cm size would you guys recommend?

I'm a (heavy) 30-31 and my go-to size is 95. This allows for using the middle hole comfortably, or one tighter depending on weight fluctuations.

A couple of belts I have in sz90 (3 passant/geometric) as backups, as occasionally I might be more of a (slim) 30 and I had it in my mind that I'd use smaller belts in those cases. In reality, I continue to use my size 95 rather than add wear to the backups.

This western belt I have in size 95. I would with that belt make an exception and not go down to size 90, because "more is more" with the excess on that belt - i.e. you might typically wear that belt in a fashion where you don't fold it through the belt loop, or do, but in either case you have a little overhang (weighted down by the metal tip at the end) to give it a more casual western vibe.

So with all that in mind at your waist size, I'd say you'd either want 95 (with the risk of potentially not being long enough to give that cool overhang), otherwise 100, but then potentially you won't go wrong with 105 either depending on how you intend to style it.

(this is all said considering using the 'middle hole' exclusively).

edit: if I'm not being clear, here it probably taken at the 'true' size or under (for example, 90 for me where it's too short and doesn't have overhang) and looks awful.

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 17.33.52.png

Here (I know it's not SL), they probably took the larger size, or one size up further to get this more laid back look:

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 17.33.59.png

Maybe a good analogy is, for your given size (95 at waist 31/32) you should 'half size up' at least to avoid it looking like the first picture, and maybe size up again depending on how much excess you want (whilst still using middle hole of belt)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads