• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tyfashionisto

Reaction score
Looking for 2013 size 44 teddy jacket. Anyone interested in selling them message me and also if anyone has any tips beside Grailed on finding this jacket please tell me. And I’ll even pay you if you can find the jacket for me (I promised) I can use all the help I can get. Thanks guyssssss

Gooly001

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there’s a difference in the women and men’s army 20 last?

I received a pair from that was listed as men’s from Yoox but the style code on them are for women’s. Looking as some google pic the women’s toe box looks wider more bulbous then the men’s however I can’t be certain since I don’t have the men’s to compare. Hoping someone can shed some light on this?

men’s code 587462

womens? 587463

thanks

Randeep

Reaction score
Looking for 2013 size 44 teddy jacket. Anyone interested in selling them message me and also if anyone has any tips beside Grailed on finding this jacket please tell me. And I’ll even pay you if you can find the jacket for me (I promised) I can use all the help I can get. Thanks guyssssss

Why specifically 2013?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is a good question, why searching out the 2013? Do you suspect they changed the cut? The quality of the wool and hardware, etc. in recent seasons seem top notch to me and I can be a stickler. The reason I wonder is 2013 seems kind of long, I'd be sort of weirded out that someone wore it or somehow depreciated in terms of fabric over that timeframe, but I'm not a big used-goods guy.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide which Wyatts to get, Chelsea or Jodhpur, and figure out which size. I'm planning on doing the tobacco/cigar/whichever name is the right one for the tan color way.

For sizing comparisons I'm usually an 8.5 US in Nike. I'm an 8 US in Greats, 8D US on the Allen Edmonds 108 last (Carlyle, a plain toe oxford), and I have a pair of Thursday Duke Chelsea boots that are 7.5 US, however I had been mis-sizing myself at that point and an 8 would be more comfortable. The 7.5 is a bit too tight and can hurt my left foot so I don't wear them much.

From my research it seems the Wyatts are generally TTS. I'm thinking the EU 41/8 US would be best. I've seen some people say the suede stretches and to size down, but I'm concerned going down half a size will be too small. I don't have wide feet either so I don't think width will be an issue.

Any advice?

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide which Wyatts to get, Chelsea or Jodhpur, and figure out which size. I'm planning on doing the tobacco/cigar/whichever name is the right one for the tan color way.

For sizing comparisons I'm usually an 8.5 US in Nike. I'm an 8 US in Greats, 8D US on the Allen Edmonds 108 last (Carlyle, a plain toe oxford), and I have a pair of Thursday Duke Chelsea boots that are 7.5 US, however I had been mis-sizing myself at that point and an 8 would be more comfortable. The 7.5 is a bit too tight and can hurt my left foot so I don't wear them much.

From my research it seems the Wyatts are generally TTS. I'm thinking the EU 41/8 US would be best. I've seen some people say the suede stretches and to size down, but I'm concerned going down half a size will be too small. I don't have wide feet either so I don't think width will be an issue.

Any advice?
I'd say cop the 41, you can always throw an insole in if its slightly too big
I'm also personally not a fan of the jodhpurs in suede, they lean towards a dress boot for me, and especially the lows tend to look pretty bad in my eyes.

silentownage001

Reaction score
I'd say cop the 41, you can always throw an insole in if its slightly too big
I'm also personally not a fan of the jodhpurs in suede, they lean towards a dress boot for me, and especially the lows tend to look pretty bad in my eyes.

Good idea with the insole. By lows do you mean the 30mm heel? That's the height I'm leaning towards since it's a bit more versatile than the 40s. And at 5'7" the 40 heel will probably stand out more compared to someone who's 6'.

zrn

Reaction score
Good idea with the insole. By lows do you mean the 30mm heel? That's the height I'm leaning towards since it's a bit more versatile than the 40s. And at 5'7" the 40 heel will probably stand out more compared to someone who's 6'.
I’m pretty sure he means the cropped ones

ASAPRice

Reaction score
yeah, meant the cropped ones. And I'm 5'7 and the 40mm heel doesn't really stand out to me at all. 55+ is probably where you're pushing it at our height though. I've posted a bunch of fit pics over the years, you can browse my profile for reference

Gooly001

Reaction score

Any advice?
I have the same size feet as you 8.5 US in nikes
I have Wyatt 40mm and johdpur 30mm in suede and leather in sizes 40 and 41.
Size 40 in suede fits me perfect as the suede does stretch out more then the leathers.
The leathers are tight and would be perfect fit once they are broken in.
The 41 I find are just a tad long although I do use insoles to make them fit better but it’s still not the same as the size 40 fit.

Attachments

• B021F782-9323-4779-91C8-1E9A789EE0CA.jpeg
    B021F782-9323-4779-91C8-1E9A789EE0CA.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 138

the_lebowski

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Copped my first SLP purchase recently and wanted to do a fit check with the knowledgeable folks on the forum here :)

Initially I felt the jacket was a little tight but I'm coming around to the idea that the fit won't work if it's a bit looser. Also I guess the denim might stretch out a bit with some wear as well.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 7597968C-400B-4CD3-8824-901B218B68E8.jpeg
    7597968C-400B-4CD3-8824-901B218B68E8.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 150
  • C0639320-7056-4F99-9FB9-D6DC00A91C74.jpeg
    C0639320-7056-4F99-9FB9-D6DC00A91C74.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 140
  • F6B0DB5E-E11D-4E17-A172-F75044C5EFAC.jpeg
    F6B0DB5E-E11D-4E17-A172-F75044C5EFAC.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 143

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like, it like it a lot even with the dark denim. The fit is spot on, and yes, it'll veer tight/slim with Saint Laurent. ;)

The sleeves could be shortened a touch, maybe a couple cms at the shoulder, so it'd lay a little better on your wrist. That said, I'm more detailed oriented than most people on that front, so unless you're trying to signal hyper dapper you should be good.

silentownage001

Reaction score
yeah, meant the cropped ones. And I'm 5'7 and the 40mm heel doesn't really stand out to me at all. 55+ is probably where you're pushing it at our height though. I've posted a bunch of fit pics over the years, you can browse my profile for reference

I looked through them and the height works really well.

I have the same size feet as you 8.5 US in nikes
I have Wyatt 40mm and johdpur 30mm in suede and leather in sizes 40 and 41.
Size 40 in suede fits me perfect as the suede does stretch out more then the leathers.
The leathers are tight and would be perfect fit once they are broken in.
The 41 I find are just a tad long although I do use insoles to make them fit better but it’s still not the same as the size 40 fit.

Have you noticed a difference in comfort between the 30 and 40?

Anyway, I'm going with the 41 and if it seems a bit too roomy from the get-go I'll return and get a 40.5.

I wish I had an SLP store nearby. Last time I was near one a few months ago I didn't even think to go look. All I have close to me is Nordstrom and Saks and they don't have them in-store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads