• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GG that brings back fond memories of maybe only a couple years ago when there were about 400 different shades of tan discussed.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm deciding on which Chelsea boot to pick and was hoping you guys would help me out! What are your thoughts on the following options?

1) Common Projects chelsea boot - Tan suede
2) Story et Fall chelsea boot - Sand suede, black suede (custom order), black leather
3) Saint Laurent Wyatt - Black leather, tobacco suede, black suede. tan suede (40mm)

My first choice was YSL 30mm but they only have that model in 40mm and couldn't find it anywhere.. now the CP one is growing on me.

Since you're in a Saint Laurent thread the answers are going to be quite obvious but...

Common Projects are a totally different style from the others. Way too clunky looking in a SL wardrobe, although I don't know what your wardrobe looks like I'm just taking a guess from the thread you're posting in. The CP model won't be as versatile as the others.

I don't think SEF ever got the shapes quite right on their models. Too wide and the toe shape is sloped awkwardly. FromTheFirst does it way better if you're going for that tier of boots.

Nothing to say about the SL ones really. They're good.

In any case I personally think 40mm looks better than 30mm.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
340393358C.19TO_1_FALL20_742453v2.jpg

I like these Celine Chelseas as well. They're labeled "Havana", and I believe that harness is removable. Those are 40 mm heels, but look much less extreme than the 40 mm SLP ones, I believe due to the slightly cuban heel. I would buy these if I didn't have brown (who knows which shade) SLP ones.

thomas199023

Reaction score
View attachment 1558364

The perks of being a kpop star.
That's a sweet gift! Have to admit that bike does look great and as discreet as you can get with a luxury-brand bicycle, ha.

Picked up the quintessential varsity in 42. Enjoying the look and surprisingly luxe/comfortable inside with the silk lining, etc.

I actually own this bike.
Bought at Rive Droite in Paris, took it out on a bikeride today actually, been lovely weather in Netheralnds.

38E2107A-E541-400D-8DE7-B733EA10141B.jpeg

It's a great little Fixie, but the Saint Laurent logo is literally a sticker on the frame, its not even painted or coated, you could just peel it off. Ordered it in advance, probably would not have bought it if I had seen it in-store. But still enjoy riding it. And it is literally this exact bike, if you'd want to print out a SLP sticker yourself ;-).

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I actually own this bike.
Bought at Rive Droite in Paris, took it out on a bikeride today actually, been lovely weather in Netheralnds.

View attachment 1561201
It's a great little Fixie, but the Saint Laurent logo is literally a sticker on the frame, its not even painted or coated, you could just peel it off. Ordered it in advance, probably would not have bought it if I had seen it in-store. But still enjoy riding it. And it is literally this exact bike, if you'd want to print out a SLP sticker yourself ;-).

The most dutch picture I've seen recently.

The bike looks great although I think they could've done better. In any case you're not going to SL if you want a good bike for a good price so it's expected.

At least now you can brag that you have the same bike as one of the most popular kpop artists, so that's something.

nekromantik

Reaction score
speaking of Teddys I think Im in minority here that likes the AV version lol
usually a 44 but this is 46. im just under 5 ft 7

Attachments

• IMG_20210223_222208.jpg
    IMG_20210223_222208.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: zrn

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny I'm vacillating suddenly on the 42 Teddy - there's a part of me that thinks it's too much. That looks cool; never seen it before though!

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny I'm vacillating suddenly on the 42 Teddy - there's a part of me that thinks it's too much. That looks cool; never seen it before though!
I would style it with all black everything to anchor the sporty white panels with some seriousness.

nekromantik

Reaction score
yeah I wear it with black SLP 02 jeans normally.
I dont think it looks too big maybe slight long as im short.
guys think it fits fine?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
yeah I wear it with black SLP 02 jeans normally.
I dont think it looks too big maybe slight long as im short.
guys think it fits fine?

That's just how they fit though. I've seen multiple SL teddy/bombers that just fit... normal? Not as cropped as the classic version.

nekromantik

Reaction score
yeah I not sure if I like cropped look on a teddy
for denim and leather it looks good but on these I think I prefer bit of length.
only issue with teddy if you go TTS is it gets tight if you layer

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the runway pics of the teddy really emphasizes how clean cut 2013 was. Very anal. Very exacting. There is a bit of dramatics with how severe it can be, but it very clearly lacks the romanticism that Hedi is channeling at Celine. The silhouette is a bit more relaxed. More emphasis on draping and movement of clothes. More fluidity and less emphasis on rigidity.
1614122949399.png

piblondin

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm deciding on which Chelsea boot to pick and was hoping you guys would help me out! What are your thoughts on the following options?

1) Common Projects chelsea boot - Tan suede
2) Story et Fall chelsea boot - Sand suede, black suede (custom order), black leather
3) Saint Laurent Wyatt - Black leather, tobacco suede, black suede. tan suede (40mm)

My first choice was YSL 30mm but they only have that model in 40mm and couldn't find it anywhere.. now the CP one is growing on me.
I'd go with the YSL tobacco or black leather in 30mm. It really is the best boot. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads