• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Seeing these fit photos on the teddy jacket makes me want one. Like some of you, I never picked one up before.

Should I go true to size?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im 5'7 so same height as you. I wass thinking 44 but now that i saw your pic i can see myself wanting a 42. why did you pick a 42 over a 44 ? sorry a lot of questions, you look great in them

Thank you! Great question - I have tried a couple 44s before, and always thought they looked too boxy or bulky on me. It might be part of the look, but I gravitate toward a trimmer silhouette so sought out a 42. I think they even make 40s, which is XXXS and kind of incredible.

Adam - missed your question, yes, my regular size is 44, but in this model, I opted to size down one. I do that from time to time in outerwear and an occasional pair of denim to get a slimmer look in SL. I can layer a sweater or hoodie underneath, but you definitely would feel it in the arms for context.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Seeing these fit photos on the teddy jacket makes me want one. Like some of you, I never picked one up before.

Should I go true to size?

Same. I think it will be one of those pieces that will find its way into my wardrobe eventually. I'm sure if I see one for the right price at the right time I'll scoop it up. I love the colored ones too.

@SirGrotius The teddy fits you perfectly man.

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
Outfit of the day
C34BC6B3-C410-4B2A-9E31-AD215D8FA29A.jpeg

Attachments

• 8447EA78-90F4-4392-B700-E9C621FCB2B5.png
    8447EA78-90F4-4392-B700-E9C621FCB2B5.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 729BC0A4-44B7-4328-A065-C5B6CF0A7D6B.jpeg
    729BC0A4-44B7-4328-A065-C5B6CF0A7D6B.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

piblondin

Reaction score
$590. They are Size 9 and I am usually a Size 10. If they don't completely fit is it worth it to take them to a shoe cobbler to stretch them out?
I wouldn't bother with them unless they're your size. I'm also a size 10. I previously had 42 and 42.5 in the harnesses and sold both because they were too small.

xterno50

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm deciding on which Chelsea boot to pick and was hoping you guys would help me out! What are your thoughts on the following options?

1) Common Projects chelsea boot - Tan suede
2) Story et Fall chelsea boot - Sand suede, black suede (custom order), black leather
3) Saint Laurent Wyatt - Black leather, tobacco suede, black suede. tan suede (40mm)

My first choice was YSL 30mm but they only have that model in 40mm and couldn't find it anywhere.. now the CP one is growing on me.

zrn

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm deciding on which Chelsea boot to pick and was hoping you guys would help me out! What are your thoughts on the following options?

1) Common Projects chelsea boot - Tan suede
2) Story et Fall chelsea boot - Sand suede, black leather
3) Saint Laurent Wyatt - Black leather, tobacco suede, black suede. tan suede (40mm)

My first choice was YSL 30mm but they only have that model in 40mm and couldn't find it anywhere.. now the CP one is growing on me.
I think 40mm is pretty normal looking height. I don’t think my 40mm boots look that different from my 30mm. As far as finding 30mm I’m very certain multiple websites have them right now.

CPs are a very different vibe but also nice. Probably would take the bottega ones over them if I could only have one of the two.

As far as SLP copies I think fromthefirst is better than story et fall.

xterno50

Reaction score
I think 40mm is pretty normal looking height. I don’t think my 40mm boots look that different from my 30mm. As far as finding 30mm I’m very certain multiple websites have them right now.

CPs are a very different vibe but also nice. Probably would take the bottega ones over them if I could only have one of the two.

As far as SLP copies I think fromthefirst is better than story et fall.

Could you link me the 30mm in tan? i couldn't find it :/ only tobacco and black leather.

From what i've read, SeF is very good i prefer their design instead of FFT

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, SLP seems to be the pinnacle and I don't think the 40mm looks too much these days. I believe MrPorter has a large selection too so you might get lucky there.

CP is cool, but a different, slightly chunkier, SoHo vibe to it, at least for me.

Not feeling the other derivatives posted, and it's not necessarily as inspiring to wear knock offs.

Finally, may be a bit obvious, but what do you think of the Celine Chelseas? I think they're cool although a bit of a departure from the perfection of the Wyatt:
1614107087470.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads