• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
I don't wear blazers. I keep mental tabs what Kieran says those re. blazer sizing, i.e. he's between 48-50 and I think goes for 50 in blazers a lot of the time, so as a general rule I'd 'guess' I'd more likely need a 50 if I did start wearing them. Not sure about Celine though.

I do not like the size 52 with the pre-distressing and the stars plastered across the shoulders, although maybe in conjunction with your style this might be more your 'look. On sizing I noticed you asked in the leather jacket thread and was unanimously told the size 50 is too small. I would only agree with in so far as seeing your full fit pic (where you wore loose (relatively to me) jeans), where the 50 due to how fitted it is makes you look a little bottom heavy when paired with sz50. You also said you had 17" arms, which makes me think the 52 would flatter you more as it currently stands.

50 - still my personal preference, but I think would only work better for the emaciated rockstar look if you lost mass and wore more fitted jeans to even out the balance.
52 - works better for you as it stands with your current mass and the rest of your style. Given your username, put it this way: would Jax Teller wear the 50 ...? I think not.

Check grailed?

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I decided to keep the size 50 I'm trying to lean out to 170 lbs or so . The size 52 is kind loose for my taste and with that jacket I wouldn't need to break it in . I always like and prefer to break in my leather jackets.

InternationaI

Reaction score
Anyone check if these are legit or not? They are SLP Chain Wyatt Harness Boots, not sure which season though.
864C94A4-F6DD-445A-8014-19271304F80B.jpeg
708E53C5-2EC2-4ACF-BDE2-EE7180AC8DEB.jpeg
1F866636-5A56-4D84-A023-CDAB1D52F175.jpeg
C3F5E8A4-7576-4C22-BBFA-CA1301EC7FB2.jpeg

papillo

Reaction score
$590. They are Size 9 and I am usually a Size 10. If they don't completely fit is it worth it to take them to a shoe cobbler to stretch them out?

I suspect a whole size down will be a bit too tight for you. I don't know how much give they have for a cobbler to stretch them out, and ive never stretched shoes out.

$590 seems a bit much for that condition (IMO)

Last edited:

Bill H

Reaction score
It really depends on the model how much it stretches. I have a pair of D02's from 2014 that are very stretchy but other pairs that also have 2% elastane barely stretch, could obviously be the age as well. Saint Laurent also makes pairs with 3% elastane so keep an eye out.

In any case I personally don't go over 2%. It ruins the structure of them if they're too stretchy, personally.
Yeah the original knee repairs (fw14 or ss15??) are pretty stretchy.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet gift! Have to admit that bike does look great and as discreet as you can get with a luxury-brand bicycle, ha.

Picked up the quintessential varsity in 42. Enjoying the look and surprisingly luxe/comfortable inside with the silk lining, etc.

IMG_0333.jpeg

Tyfashionisto

Reaction score
That's a sweet gift! Have to admit that bike does look great and as discreet as you can get with a luxury-brand bicycle, ha.

Picked up the quintessential varsity in 42. Enjoying the look and surprisingly luxe/comfortable inside with the silk lining, etc.

View attachment 1559175
Where did you get it in 42? And what year is this jacket from? Also what is your height ? Thanks also interested in getting one

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure - I got it from the NYC boutique. It's from this year, and I usually find the LA and New York bastions the best stocked. 5'6"/125lbs. I'd be wary if you're over 5'8", since I could see something such as this getting too cropped.

Tyfashionisto

Reaction score
Sure - I got it from the NYC boutique. It's from this year, and I usually find the LA and New York bastions the best stocked. 5'6"/125lbs. I'd be wary if you're over 5'8", since I could see something such as this getting too cropped.
im 5'7 so same height as you. I wass thinking 44 but now that i saw your pic i can see myself wanting a 42. why did you pick a 42 over a 44 ? sorry a lot of questions, you look great in them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads