• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. Is it alright for the boot shaft to create an "impression" on your denim(at the back of your mid-calf or where the shaft upper ends)?
There were at least 2 variations on how slim the pants where.
1611462772299.png
1611462780473.png

vs

1611462789047.png
1611462812019.png

Regarding whether the shaft was visible underneath the pants, it really depends on how tight they were.
1611462902859.png

1611462918266.png

1611462930011.png

1611462949356.png

Personally, I think I prefer if they didn't. But I don't think there is a right or wrong.
1611463034645.png

1611463044489.png

1611463076159.png

Metall17

Reaction score
5710 is nut/noisette yes, but this doesn't mean much when between seasons there is still variance in how this colour translates based on the finish of the suede, using a couple of pictures from grailed as an example:-

1. 2014 nut wyatts - I had these, they had a very course/hairy suede texture, and were the darkest 'nut' I've seen

View attachment 1541561

2. 2013 nut cowboys - I have these and they're similar to the 2014 ones, the texture seems slightly less coarse though and the colour a little more bronze

View attachment 1541566

Compare that with the (2016 onward?) 'nut' coloured wyatts you're looking at buying, which if I recall retain a small amount of texture, but the shade leans more towards a tan colour -- which is a a perfect segue into me being able to share this :

View attachment 1541567

My point is, don't put too much emphasis on the colour code, especially as it applies to the tan suede boots at SL -- if you like the look of them colour wise in person (which can vary a lot from pictures dependant on level of natural/artificial light) then go by that.
I appreciate the unorthodox breakdown, I will let everyone know what variation of suede I end up with lol.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those ss13 Army lace up boots always felt like it was Hedi's version of Alden lace up boots, but styled as Doc Martens.
1611480320484.png

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Just a quick check with the SLP gang. Let's see if this makes sense here since the fit of the denim, hem, and shaft circumference is critically discussed here.

1. Do you guys actually make sure that the shaft circumference of the boots is clearly smaller than that of the denim?

2. Is it alright for the boot shaft to create an "impression" on your denim(at the back of your mid-calf or where the shaft upper ends)?
1. Yes
2. Sure it's alright, I think it's ugly though. Some people care, others don't.

Enexde96

Reaction score
Usually don't buy past season stuff anymore, but I'm looking for an older pair of wyatt jodhpurs. From 2017 or 2018 I think? It was a dark brown color and on the box the denoted color was 'ebano'. Anyways if anyone has a pair size 44 - 45 they're willing to part with hit me up.

goneforever

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know this was already discussed here but I wanted to hear your opinions on this leather change that SLP made on all black leather boots (especially Wyatts) from Boxer to Marrakech. It's kind of a big deal actually, since "Boxer" leather had been used since 2013.
Why do you think they did that? Which one do you like most? Are there any pros, maybe in terms of durabiity and quality? I imagine this new Marrakech Nero will maybe crease less than the ultra-glossy Boxers and might be more durable, but aesthetically, I did prefer Boxer Nero leather. Let me know!

Leonard Leroy

Reaction score
Do the fedora hats fit true to size? It says a large is a sz 60 which would be a 7 1/2 which is my size. Are they smaller than usual?

Romanesque

Reaction score
Greetings Gentlemen!

New user here. I'd like to consult you guys regarding the legitimacy of a SLP L01 jacket.

The seller is selling it for a rather low price, and claims to need the money urgently for medical treatment.

The L01 is a 2016 Hedi model, with reference no. 397290 Y5YA1 in Size 46.

I have done my research and while the jacket looks alright at first glance, there are 2 things which I am rather suspicious about:

(1) The button of the flap pocket at the front of the jacket is aligned with the button of the nearest belt loop, which apparently should not be the case?

(2) The lettering on the Saint Laurent Paris tag near the collar chain seems to be kind of off, with the font looking too thick and the alphabets spaced too close to each other?

Kindly advise if this jacket might indeed be a fake as I am suspecting, or is actually in fact a 100% legit piece?

Any tips and comments are most appreciated. Thank you very much in advance guys!

L01 Picture 5.jpg
L01 Picture 6.jpg
L01 Picture 1.jpg
L01 Picture 2.jpg
L01 Picture 3.jpg
L01 Picture 4.jpg

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
Greetings Gentlemen!

New user here. I'd like to consult you guys regarding the legitimacy of a SLP L01 jacket.

The seller is selling it for a rather low price, and claims to need the money urgently for medical treatment.

The L01 is a 2016 Hedi model, with reference no. 397290 Y5YA1 in Size 46.

I have done my research and while the jacket looks alright at first glance, there are 2 things which I am rather suspicious about:

(1) The button of the flap pocket at the front of the jacket is aligned with the button of the nearest belt loop, which apparently should not be the case?

(2) The lettering on the Saint Laurent Paris tag near the collar chain seems to be kind of off, with the font looking too thick and the alphabets spaced too close to each other?

Kindly advise if this jacket might indeed be a fake as I am suspecting, or is actually in fact a 100% legit piece?

Any tips and comments are most appreciated. Thank you very much in advance guys!

View attachment 1545865 View attachment 1545866 View attachment 1545867 View attachment 1545868 View attachment 1545869 View attachment 1545870
How much are you looking to spend? I have a FW13 in size 46. I am in Minneapolis MN

Maximus6

Reaction score
Im looking in selling allot of my SLP pieces (Moon landing, Suede L01 etc) just to name a few.

Where would you guys recommend selling the pieces? Im from the Netherlands if that makes a difference for platforms.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like those babycat sneakers, but it's more like you're investing in an idea than something that'll stand the test of time such as a SLP leather.

Really like the denim collection for some reason:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads