• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
The size variations are apparent with fw13 collections. An fw13 fits much smaller than a current l01. I tried on a 50 recently the jacket fit was much bigger than my fw13 in a 52 or the fw14 one I tried on years back. The l17 variations have more do with the type of leather used as I found calf l17s fit slimmer than lamb ones. I heard the ss16 ones fit different as well but never had a hands-on experience
Right. I have a 2019 l01 size 50 and it fits like a size bigger compared to my size 50 l17 calf ss17. Ive been looking at all the years of the L17 and it looks the 2013 and 2017 l17 look best and are very similar almost identical compare to the other years of the l17

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any other suggestions on jodhpurs? SLPs are obviously very nice, but i prefer not having the loose piece of tuck-in sleeve at the front

InternationaI

Reaction score
Does anywhere know where to find cheaper alternatives to the Wyatt Chain Harness Boots? Or should I just cop them secondhand from Grailed or something?

Attachments

• saint laurent harness boots.jpg
    saint laurent harness boots.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 95

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Seconding FromtheFirst. I got two pairs from them. The prices of their boots have actually gone up slightly from when I got my first pair but they're still definitely worth it, especially when you compare them to Saint Laurent prices.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Does anywhere know where to find cheaper alternatives to the Wyatt Chain Harness Boots? Or should I just cop them secondhand from Grailed or something?

They are so easy to find and prices are good noways second hand. I'd go that route before getting an alternate but I'm a bit biased.
That god awful seam on the boots fromthefirst annoys the hell out of me.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since Hedi left Saint Laurent, I have no problems with recommending copycat brands for his Wyatts. From the First's shape is not bad, it feels like a mix between the Wyatts and Hedi's Celine Camargues.

If I was dead set on getting a harness boot model, I would go with this one since it doesn't have the centre seams running up the instep. It feels less awkward than their regular harness model despite still having some seams visible. However nothing has been able to beat the fw13 version so far.
1607183409123.png

1607183421822.png

1607183433295.png

If I wanted a model that looked a bit more faithful to Hedi's designs, I would go for the regular cowboy, concealed side zip, or Chelsea models.
1607183659195.png

1607183700652.png

1607183733922.png

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "not having the loose piece of tuck-in sleeve at the front"?

the piece of leather that holds the strap at the front of the boot in place. keeps the boot more tidy and the strap from jangling around, but i don't like that aesthetic

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the piece of leather that holds the strap at the front of the boot in place. keeps the boot more tidy and the strap from jangling around, but i don't like that aesthetic
It seems that Christian Louboutin jodhpurs don't have that

Reactions: zrn

Allmoves27

Reaction score
View attachment 1507617 View attachment 1507618 View attachment 1507619
Super weird. One pair is from Farfetch, SLP store in Beverly Hills has artificial plastic look to the leather with shine. The other was ordered from Bloomingdales, that one looks much better.

I noticed the same thing with the S20-S20 and the F20-W21 chelsea boots. Ssense and Saks each currently have both variations for sale. Any idea which is the higher leather quality? The super glossy pair look somewhat similar to polished binder leather, which Church's has used in many of their shoes. Apparently, that type of leather is more prone to severe creasing and even cracking. I wonder if any of these are full grain. I would imagine top grain is more likely.

zrn

Reaction score
Seconding FromtheFirst. I got two pairs from them. The prices of their boots have actually gone up slightly from when I got my first pair but they're still definitely worth it, especially when you compare them to Saint Laurent prices.
Agreed for sure. Definitely the best alternative for a lookalike from what I've seen.

I wouldn't believe the youtube sponsored videos which claim it's the better than the original but FTF is a decent quality, reasonably priced, good looking pair of boots.

They are so easy to find and prices are good noways second hand. I'd go that route before getting an alternate but I'm a bit biased.
I haven't looked too much but haven't been able to find any new ones. As much as I like the boots I personally would never wear a used pair of shoes.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Agreed for sure. Definitely the best alternative for a lookalike from what I've seen.

I wouldn't believe the youtube sponsored videos which claim it's the better than the original but FTF is a decent quality, reasonably priced, good looking pair of boots.

Also keep in mind that most of the videos concerning FTF on Youtube were made before they increased the price on those boots. Off the top of my head, the Luca was 50 euros cheaper and the chain Enzo was 60 euros cheaper. Just something small to keep in mind.

On a different note I love the YSL instagram page. It's very nice to look at. https://www.instagram.com/ysl/

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing with the S20-S20 and the F20-W21 chelsea boots. Ssense and Saks each currently have both variations for sale. Any idea which is the higher leather quality? The super glossy pair look somewhat similar to polished binder leather, which Church's has used in many of their shoes. Apparently, that type of leather is more prone to severe creasing and even cracking. I wonder if any of these are full grain. I would imagine top grain is more likely.
I have had the less shiny version of the Chelsea’s for 3 years, leather still looks brand new to me on those. Can’t comment on the shiny ones, since I ended up returning those

Gooly001

Reaction score
I agree, I have a pair of FTF and the quality and fit isn’t the same as SLP. The pair I have is so uncomfortable it hurts to wear, I’ve only worn them 2x and will probably sell it when I have the time

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads