• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASAP great post. I would've lumped you into the shortened category, but have to admit that you look great too in the slightly longer length in the shearling and Honda racer jackets! Thank you for the input - I"m solidly on the fence, as usual! ha

Great pics as always Thorns. I'm one fo the few people who own that hoodie with the leather top from maybe Hedi's first or second season at Saint Laurent. The cut is super slim and cropped for the body, which works well for me. I surprisingly still wear it on weekends quite a bit.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Picked up the dark denim shearling jacket, really love it. I think I need to bring the sleeves up a couple cm's, or am I over thinking it? So much depends on how I hold my arms; if I reach up my wrist is fully exposed but with arms hanging down it's long to me. Most of my other outerwear has a 61cm length, this is 63 cm for reference. Sorry for the pic overload, trying to capture the lengths.
View attachment 1503619
View attachment 1503617 View attachment 1503618
View attachment 1503620

Take my opinion with a few grains of salt since I feel like a lot of people on here are way more specific about fit than I am, but the fit looks perfect to me. I also think you really can't go that wrong with any type of fit on a denim jacket, but because this is a piece for colder weather the slightly longer sleeves make sense.

To me, I can imagine a narrative where she's so in love with her boyfriend that she likes wearing his clothes. She likes her bf's style so much she wants to match as a couple. I'm biased since not a lot of girls like wearing fw13 men's looks.
View attachment 1504190

I really enjoy this Haider interview in which he talks about women wearing men's clothing. The way he speaks makes it sound way dreamier than I would ever bring it but I guess thinking that way makes sense if you're in his position.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the interview. I do think both Haider and Hedi share the belief of gender, even if that's what society is pushing unisex more and more as the narrative. I think pushing unisex allows marketing an easier job to sell the product to basically everyone. Hedi has specifically talked about being against the idea of non-gendered.

1606312791890.png

I do agree that clothes are just pieces of fabric at the end of the day. I feel like fashion is a form of applied art. You need to have the wearer in order to truly complete the art. The wearer 100% adds an element to the pieces as different people wearing the same piece will give off a slightly different feeling. A woman wearing her boyfriend's clothes adds a different element to the pieces that the boyfriend cannot add himself. At Dior Homme, it was 100% the case that only women would be able to wear men's pieces and not vice versa because there were no women's pieces. At Saint Laurent, they started blending a bit more and you had men wear certain bags that were marketed to women. Duffle 12, and the Sac du Jour have been seen on some men. Now at Celine, the lines are becoming more and more blurred and you see men on the runway wearing small leather purses, essentially, and imagine some pieces/proportions shown on the women's collection to also equally work well on a man.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Got lucky and scooped up a pair of D17's (bootcut) for a good price on black friday. I've been wearing SLP and Celine skinnies for a while now so it's time to switch things up.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was one black pair on Yoox that I've been eyeing for the longest time. There was a 4 hour period when some jeans and trousers were 40% off so I managed to buy them then.
Ah ok, I didn't know there was a pair up on yoox.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Ah ok, I didn't know there was a pair up on yoox.

Yoox is annoying in that they don't mention the model number or the fact it's bootcut/flared at all. You just really gotta know what you're looking for on there and keep it in your wish list until the price gets reduced to something you're willing to pay. For me the thrill of the hunt is sometimes more fun than actually getting the item I want. If I know your size I can tell you if I ever see them on there again (although you already have multiple pairs iirc)?

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
Finally got my Wyatt harness after all these years.
22D137F5-BD99-451D-8859-B8DF372806BC.jpeg
D63E29DD-1FD3-4C85-B5C7-03A1138D99C8.jpeg
c173dd8e-76c0-4936-a0fe-9b940836016f-jpeg.1505887

Attachments

• C173DD8E-76C0-4936-A0FE-9B940836016F.jpeg
    C173DD8E-76C0-4936-A0FE-9B940836016F.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 366

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox is annoying in that they don't mention the model number or the fact it's bootcut/flared at all. You just really gotta know what you're looking for on there and keep it in your wish list until the price gets reduced to something you're willing to pay. For me the thrill of the hunt is sometimes more fun than actually getting the item I want. If I know your size I can tell you if I ever see them on there again (although you already have multiple pairs iirc)?
Yes, I do have multiple pairs, but seem to be collecting them lol. I appreciate the offer though.

Btw, not sure if anyone cared to notice, but the webstore private sale started last week, and imo was quite a dud.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is just Anthony and team using a different leather. Even Hedi's version had a shine to it, but it isn't as shiny as the one you have.
1606524562012.png

1606524593532.png

1606524797180.png

1606526578550.png

You can see how compared to the fw13 version, the newer models has lost sharpness and is becoming rounder and softer looking. I suspect it is due to them widening the instep to fit more customers. I do have to applaud Hedi for creating a pair of boots that are still sought after now, despite being released 7 years ago. I don't wear mine as much but I would never want to part with them.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there anything worthwhile on the sale?
Not in my opinion. I was looking at leathers (as I'm sure you would be), and it was only a black suede one with embellishments on it. It was mostly from the Malibu collection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads