• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
been a second
YL0lrL6.jpg

moonfuneral

Reaction score
Does anyone ever have issues with your button ups fitting well in the chest, but the neck being a little too big but sizing down for the neck to fit better causes the chest to be too snug? ?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone ever have issues with your button ups fitting well in the chest, but the neck being a little too big but sizing down for the neck to fit better causes the chest to be too snug? ?
Yes, as well as a host of other similar problems. I feel like this is just in the nature of buying button down shirts off the rack though.

dacarden

Reaction score
I have gotten really lucky with the various silk shirts from Hedi's era. Perfect fit throughout. I find the flannels to be a bit more challenging.

I just dropped off some Amiri pearl snaps at a tailor to clean up the fit. Oversized and sloppy looking before, but the material and design are my favorite and would be INSANE with some tailoring. There is a lot of value in tailoring and can make all the difference in a garment. I am sure everyone here knows that.

dacarden

Reaction score
This is my issue with the FW16 nashville flannel. Size medium fit great everywhere, but the damn chest. I sized up to a large and it is a little bit roomy.

moonfuneral

Reaction score
I have gotten really lucky with the various silk shirts from Hedi's era. Perfect fit throughout. I find the flannels to be a bit more challenging.

I just dropped off some Amiri pearl snaps at a tailor to clean up the fit. Oversized and sloppy looking before, but the material and design are my favorite and would be INSANE with some tailoring. There is a lot of value in tailoring and can make all the difference in a garment. I am sure everyone here knows that.
Is tailoring possible with the collar? I’ve never thought to ask a tailor about that! I figured it would throw off the rest of the shirt or something.

Seoul Soul

Reaction score
So I bought SLP jeans from an earlier season from Farfetch. Not sure whether I'll return them. On one hand - love the fades and wash. On the other - the way they stack over boots (supposed to by design) is questionable.

slp jeans5.jpg

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
On the other - the way they stack over boots (supposed to by design) is questionable.

From this angle that just seems to be the case because the shaft of the boots is so wide.

I like the wash as well, kind of a classic look. Can't go wrong having a pair like that in your closet.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is there any visual difference from the SS version of the teddys vs the FW versions? I understand the wool composition and heaviness is thicker for FW. is the sizing the same? any reason why folks prefer one or the other?

Franky Paige

Reaction score
Looking to buy my first black D02’s. What seasons are considered the best? Oh, and are they tts?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone able to tell me if it’s worth it to go for FW teddy over SS teddy? Any diff in sizing

funkyprez

Reaction score
So anyone able to tell me if it’s worth it to go for FW teddy over SS teddy? Any diff in sizing
I didn’t feel a difference in sizing. I prefer the FW as the wool texture gives a perception of more depth. Maybe a bigger consideration is your climate and when you’d like to wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads