• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a WSJ article this morning and the thrust was that clothing retailers were eschewing or holding off sales this season, owing to the pandemic. The hypothesis was that the companies don't want to drop to bottom-of-the-barrel price wars, and that since there was a hold on spending (but subsequent bump back), they're pushing their need to clear stock until a later date.

piblondin

Reaction score
I really like SL/10s. Really well made shoe and great silhouette. Not a huge fan of pre-distressed sneakers though.

I have a TTS pair and a 1 size down pair. The TTS fits really nicely (maybe some would think it's slightly roomy). The 1 size down fits just a bit larger than you would want basketball shoes to fit, ie. very little space.

Edit:Forgot but this is probably useful. My brannock size is 10D
I've also had multiple sizes in these and have settled on TTS as the right move for me. You can always adjust a little with an insole.

Trixz

Reaction score
I've been looking to expand my summer wardrobe so this seems like a good time for something different. How high is the waist on them?

IMO they can be multi waisted. They are marketed/named a mid waist but can be moved to your liking. If you want it low waist you can make them cover more leg and if you wear them higher they show more leg. I’ve personally worn them both ways depending upon environment/setting

I ordered a jacket on mrporter but still no signs that it will be delivered any time soon. Anyone with the same issues?
It also seems that they removed all the current SL pieces from their website (and the sale). I have a bad feeling about this.

I ordered an item from Mr. Porter three days ago and haven’t received an email with shipping either. I believe it’s due to a mix of both covid and the sale currently going on. It’s just with Mr. P, in my opinion being the best with customer service and shipping, we are used to much faster service. I trust they will follow through in due process.

Hot tip: If in the USA order from the Europe site. You will pay $30 for shipping but save hundreds of dollars on what I believe is the U.S. up mark on clothing. If you follow the exchange rates closely you can save even more. I’ve done this with many SLP items and have saved any where from $200-$300 on full price items. This message will self destruct in the morning as I fear MR. P will take away this ability like many other sites have already done.

zrn

Reaction score
Hot tip: If in the USA order from the Europe site. You will pay $30 for shipping but save hundreds of dollars on what I believe is the U.S. up mark on clothing. If you follow the exchange rates closely you can save even more. I’ve done this with many SLP items and have saved any where from $200-$300 on full price items. This message will self destruct in the morning as I fear MR. P will take away this ability like many other sites have already done.
They removed the ability to do this about 6 months or so ago. Now it will just price you at your country's prices instead of the converted price at checkout(you have to choose the correct country to ship to which alters the prices). But theres so many european boutiques with the better european pricing that also take off vat that theres plenty of options still.

Trixz

Reaction score
They removed the ability to do this about 6 months or so ago. Now it will just price you at your country's prices instead of the converted price at checkout(you have to choose the correct country to ship to which alters the prices). But theres so many european boutiques with the better european pricing that also take off vat that theres plenty of options still.

well, Damn.

darkknight

Reaction score
are there two versions of the nut (noisette) santiags? i see some with rough looking suede, and some that are really smooth. i've also seen sigaro santiags. how many suede versions are there?

piblondin

Reaction score
Naive question: What sort of non-sneaker lace-up shoes do folks wear with black SLP denim? Most of the fits I see are with boots, but I'm curious to know if lace-ups can work.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naive question: What sort of non-sneaker lace-up shoes do folks wear with black SLP denim? Most of the fits I see are with boots, but I'm curious to know if lace-ups can work.
In my opinion they're harder to wear with denim.

nekromantik

Reaction score
yeah dont like the whole sneaker jeans look
I prefer jeans with slip on boots
Only laced ones I wore is Chucka boots from Tods. They were plain black leather and also had navy suedes.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fw women's pre-order is up, not sure how much it interests us here. That being said, I think it looks really good, and I"m hoping bodes well for the menswear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads