• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how the (olive) nylon bomber fits? I am in the market for a nylon bomber and I think this one fits the bill, but unsure about sizing.

For reference my visvim dmgd 101 is size XL, my MMM 5 zip is size 50 (and a hair snug) and I wear a size 50 IT suit (Formosa from NMWA).
Thanks in advance!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how the (olive) nylon bomber fits? I am in the market for a nylon bomber and I think this one fits the bill, but unsure about sizing.

For reference my visvim dmgd 101 is size XL, my MMM 5 zip is size 50 (and a hair snug) and I wear a size 50 IT suit (Formosa from NMWA).
Thanks in advance!
SLP outwear sizing is truly all over the place. Having never tried on that jacket, if I had to guess, I'd just order my usual size and hope for the best. Sorry I couldn't be better help, but since this thread is almost dead I felt like I"d at least give you sometihng to work with.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SLP outwear sizing is truly all over the place. Having never tried on that jacket, if I had to guess, I'd just order my usual size and hope for the best. Sorry I couldn't be better help, but since this thread is almost dead I felt like I"d at least give you sometihng to work with.

I appreciate it... when it arrives I’ll make sure to report back

Cuttooth

Reaction score
Being unsure of my size I recently bought a pair of SLP off Farfetch to try out that I thought were a D02 due to being listed as skinny, but having shown up now, the white labeling on the inner waistband shows a D03 in a skinny cut (I don't have them in front of me, but they're labeled inside in the same M/SK way). Everything I've read via search seems to indicate that those are normally a straight cut, so did something change on newer pairs, or is it possible they were mislabeled in some way? I tried them on and they definitely seem skinny, plus it appears that SL themselves were the shipper, so I'm just a bit confused.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I appreciate it... when it arrives I’ll make sure to report back

I sized up for mine from a few years ago. No idea if they’ve messed with it. (52).

Trixz

Reaction score
Being unsure of my size I recently bought a pair of SLP off Farfetch to try out that I thought were a D02 due to being listed as skinny, but having shown up now, the white labeling on the inner waistband shows a D03 in a skinny cut (I don't have them in front of me, but they're labeled inside in the same M/SK way). Everything I've read via search seems to indicate that those are normally a straight cut, so did something change on newer pairs, or is it possible they were mislabeled in some way? I tried them on and they definitely seem skinny, plus it appears that SL themselves were the shipper, so I'm just a bit confused.

D03 up to this point has been the straight leg. D02 M/SK-(either LW,MW or HW) is the skinny depending up on the waist. If possible could you post a pic of the tag (inner leg) and measure the hem and inseam? Also the link would be helpful.

This is as much as I know:
D01 - D01 M/SL-LW (Men’s Slim) and D01 W/SK-LW (women’s skinny)

D02 - D02 M/SK-LW Men’s Skinny and D02 W/SK-MW (Women’s skinny mid waist with back pocket zippers)

D03 - D03 M/ST-LW Men’s Straight

D04 - D01 W/SK-HW Women’s Skinny High waist and Men’s motocross

D05 - D01 W/SK-MW Women’s Skinny Mid waist

D06 -

D07 -

D08 -Women’s motocross

D09 - D09 W/FL-RW Women’s flare runway and D09-M/ML-LW

D10 - Men’s Skinny mid waist

D11 - D11 W/BL-HW Women’s bootcut high waist

D12 -

D13 - D13 M/SK-LW Knee rips and also D13 M/SK-HW Bleached denim

D14 - D14 M/SL-LW Embroidered slim or paint slim

D15 - D15 M/BC -LW and D15 W/FL-HW ankle flair

D16 - D16 W/FL- LW Women’s cropped flared leg and D16 M/BG-LW (baggy)

D17 - D17 W/FL-MW Women’s cropped Midwaist flares and D17 M/FL-MW mens flared mid waist

D18 - D18 M/SK-LW Men’s cropped leg slightly also D18 W/80-LW Womens 80’s/boyfriend and also D18 W/BG-LW dunno

D19 - D19 W/SL-HW Women’s slim leg high waist

D20 - W/TS-MW Women’s shadow pocket

D21 - W/SL-LW Asymmetric women D21 M/SK-LW cropped mens

D22 - University patch (Maybe)

D23

D24 - D24 W/BC-LW Women’s bootcut

D25 - D25 W/BC-LW Women’s bootcut cropped low waist

D26

D27 - D27 W/FL-MW Women’s Flared leg mid waist

Cuttooth

Reaction score
D03 up to this point has been the straight leg. D02 M/SK-(either LW,MW or HW) is the skinny depending up on the waist. If possible could you post a pic of the tag (inner leg) and measure the hem and inseam? Also the link would be helpful.

Sure. The specific Farfetch link is here which appears to correlate to this listing on YSL. There's a Saint Laurent envelope inside and as I said it appears that it was sent from them directly.

Measurements are roughly as follows:
Waist: 15"
Front Rise: 9"
Thigh: 9.75"
Inseam: 34"
Hem: 5.75"

D03 Tag.jpg

D03 Tag 2.jpg

ruckzuck

Reaction score
last year the private sale for europe started at 31.05, so i guess (hope) it will start next Monday this year.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Do you know if you get invited to online private sale if you previously been invited to in store one?

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps coincidental but when I use the prior seasons sale link, it does resolve to a listing of items ranging from FW19-SS20. No discounts labelled, but appears to be a subset of all thats available. Possibly what items will be going on sale? BTW - womens link works too (replace men with women in the URL)

zrn

Reaction score
Perhaps coincidental but when I use the prior seasons sale link, it does resolve to a listing of items ranging from FW19-SS20. No discounts labelled, but appears to be a subset of all thats available. Possibly what items will be going on sale? BTW - womens link works too (replace men with women in the URL)

I looked at that earlier and am pretty sure it’s mostly (edit: initially I thought it was all fw19) fw19 stuff

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at that earlier and am pretty sure it’s mostly (edit: initially I thought it was all fw19) fw19 stuff
Looks that way to me too. If I remember correctly, last sales season they put only stuff from the prior season on sale--so that would seem to suggest that this is the stuff that is going to go on sale this season (if that makes sense).

Edit: Looking over it a bit more, there's definitely ss20 stuff in there as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads