• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KawaiiT

Reaction score
f
Pretty much my standard fits for when I rarely have to go out. I like 100% cotton jeans but I’d be lying if I said I don’t prefer the ones with elasthane.
Did you try after tucking your shirt into the pants to lift up your arms above your heard? I feel like it makes it a lot more comfortable and also looking better than the tight fit of the shirt.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Opinions on 100% cotton jeans vs cotton/elastane blend jeans?
100% cotton only. If you need elastane to get your denim on, I guarantee it's too tight
basically only been wearing variations of this fit as of late
love1-2 - Copy.jpg

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
What size would you guys recommend in a SS2014 L01? and how do they fit compared to most other seasons L01?
I'm 5'9" & 130lbs, athletic bodytype (broad shoulders and slim waist)
I wear Medium in pretty much every brands t-shirts (SLP, Uniqlo, American Apparel, etc), 37 in SLP polka dot button up with the frayed hem (but those are oversized), 48 in Bloodluster Teddy Jacket. Thanks :)

You must indeed have broad shoulders (or like to wear oversized). I'm the same height and weight, maybe few lbs lighter, and wear small and extra-small in most garments. For example in Uniqlo shirts, I still have room in a xs. I don't own a L01 but just looking at measurements, I would probably need something around a F36 in the L01 to achieve my desired fit. Yet, I have to add that I don't know if there are any special things to consider with the 2014 model.

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
I feel you on the Jacno's being too pointy, although I think they're less so than the Lukas boots. My dilemma is that I want something that is between that and chunky derbies--but closer to the pointy end of the spectrum. I like the Hopper's, but like others I'm not sure on the patent leather (I actually think it looks cheap). What do people think of the Wyatt derbies?
13812739_21668079_1000.jpg

It sounds like the Wyatt derbies fulfill your requirements pretty well. In my opinion they are a no-brainer if you like them. Due to their pretty classic silhouette they are versatile and should last trends.

I definitely agree with you on the patent leather. Mostly it looks cheap. Furthermore, I think that patent leather doesn't age gracefully so I personally wouldn't get much wear out of it which strikes my approach of how I purchase clothes. Tho', I haven't seen SLP's patent leather in person nor have I experience with it.

Dogs

Reaction score
He
You must indeed have broad shoulders (or like to wear oversized). I'm the same height and weight, maybe few lbs lighter, and wear small and extra-small in most garments. For example in Uniqlo shirts, I still have room in a xs. I don't own a L01 but just looking at measurements, I would probably need something around a F36 in the L01 to achieve my desired fit. Yet, I have to add that I don't know if there are any special things to consider with the 2014 model.
XS? I think I’d get stuck trying to put that on hahah, do you have very narrow shoulders? I don’t wear clothing oversized at all except for some flowy button ups like a sort of Surf Sound aesthetic. Im a hockey player, and my proportions are like a very slimmed down bodybuilder, I have a 28” waist but very broad & muscular shoulders & tricep area. I have to eat quite restricted to maintain a lower weight, I put on muscle extremely easily. I ordered a 46 so now I’m a bit worried hahah, but like my 48 bloodluster teddy actually fits smaller than I want it too. As many pictures it seemed like a drapey look and mine fits pretty snug. The only time I’ve tried on an L01 I was about 160lbs at the time and they suggested a 48. Losing 30lbs I don’t know if it would bring me all the way down to a 44, especially as my frame is still broad in the shoulders & whatnot

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
He

XS? I think I’d get stuck trying to put that on hahah, do you have very narrow shoulders? I don’t wear clothing oversized at all except for some flowy button ups like a sort of Surf Sound aesthetic. Im a hockey player, and my proportions are like a very slimmed down bodybuilder, I have a 28” waist but very broad & muscular shoulders & tricep area. I have to eat quite restricted to maintain a lower weight, I put on muscle extremely easily. I ordered a 46 so now I’m a bit worried hahah, but like my 48 bloodluster teddy actually fits smaller than I want it too. As many pictures it seemed like a drapey look and mine fits pretty snug. The only time I’ve tried on an L01 I was about 160lbs at the time and they suggested a 48. Losing 30lbs I don’t know if it would bring me all the way down to a 44, especially as my frame is still broad in the shoulders & whatnot

I don't even know my current body measurements but I own this FW15 Striped Wool Knit in a size XS which measures 40cm shoulder and 43cm chest width and has a snug fit on me.
1587925386265.png

Waist size seems to be equal. My perfect fit would be exactly between 27" and 28".
Nothing to worry about your purchase. It's hard to compare sizes, even when having similar height and weight because frames are so different. I'm sure you know best what you need and want, especially when already owning a jacket to compare.

ShowedUpLate

Reaction score
How are people finding the general quality of CELINE vs current Saint Laurent pieces?

I think I'm swaying on not re-buying current Harness Wyatts in favour of CELINE due to the pointier toe shape, which in 2020 I prefer but most of the ones available are higher than 40mm heel.

Side question: Does anyone know the timeframe that SSENSE put sales on for the UK which are comparable to the sales in Canada/US? It seems the UK is always missing a large chunk of what is available.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are people finding the general quality of CELINE vs current Saint Laurent pieces?

I think I'm swaying on not re-buying current Harness Wyatts in favour of CELINE due to the pointier toe shape, which in 2020 I prefer but most of the ones available are higher than 40mm heel.

Side question: Does anyone know the timeframe that SSENSE put sales on for the UK which are comparable to the sales in Canada/US? It seems the UK is always missing a large chunk of what is available.
I only have one pair of celine but I think the quality is better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads