• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
The L01 is legit> I don't know what the numbers mean but a male piece in size L should be 175/100A therefore that hoodie up top is 100% fake

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
Could anyone of you help me out legit checking this pair of Wyatts? Sadly I am not moving forward with this. Would be greatly appreciated!

Hello guys,

this is my first post, so I wanted to say hello! Looking forward to be active here.

A while ago I purchased the depicted Wyatt in suede, Nero from 2019 and I'm asking for your opinion whether this pair is legit. There are two things that came to my attention: the leather of the shaft is pretty slim and therefor less sturdy in comparison to my pair from 17 (maybe 18, not that sure) in New Sigaro, also suede. Hence it gives me the feeling of poorer build quality. Furthermore the font of the ID embossed on the inner lining is quite thin and not as clear as with my other pair respectively how I'm used to see it on other pairs. Apart from the mentioned points, I'm quite confident that it is authentic.

Would be very thankful for your help!

View attachment 1357342 View attachment 1357337 View attachment 1357338 View attachment 1357339 View attachment 1357340 View attachment 1357341

Trixz

Reaction score
Be more descriptive.

How is the imprinted product code different. If you are thinking of the gold ink, that could have been rubbed off with wear.

Slimness of the shaft could be due to wear?

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Marble Gray D02? I believe this came out in 2016. I prefer the black marble better, but can't find it. Still like the gray as well. I'm wonder how they fit.

Thanks

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
Be more descriptive.

How is the imprinted product code different. If you are thinking of the gold ink, that could have been rubbed off with wear.

Slimness of the shaft could be due to wear?

Sorry, I don't know how to be more descriptive. The boots are brand new as it can be seen on the pictures of my initial post, hence there is no possibility of wear.

The product code looks different in terms of font, font weight and color. The leather and the shaft is noticably slimmer than my Wyatt bought from SLP and taking into account comparisons I can make off of pictures on the internet. I think both of these aspects become visible in the provided pictures.

There might be changes I'm not aware of in the latest iteration which it should be with respect to the product code. Sadly I haven't been able to compare it to 'real' pictures of a Wyatt of the same product code.

dacarden

Reaction score
Buying SS15 Black Python Santiags 43 or 43.5 or Black Python Wyatts
DM me! :)

BxQ

Reaction score
Thoughts on incorporating derbies into the SLP aesthetic? They are not as sleek as chelsea/jodhpurs, so I worry about them looking clowny/out of place.

I would guess artisanal derbies to look the best:
IMG_0834.jpg

As opposed to something chunky:
lanvin-black-high-shine-leather-derby-shoes-product-1-16722209-1-236670588-normal.jpeg

But SLPs are mostly in between (and not something you would see in a Hedi runway):
hugo-25-derby-shoes-original-5205006.jpg

Even in lookbooks where it sort of works, it still seems worse than boots:
0IqwtnC.jpg

Thoughts?

nekromantik

Reaction score
I never been fan of derby shoes.
Or formal shoes for that matter.
I always worn some kinda boots.
Fav style is chukka boots which are inbetween formal shoes and chelsea boots.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Dior derbys. TBH, they don't get a ton of wear. I'm either too formal for them, so need dress shoes, or too casual, which just nice clean sneakers, and in between, I like to wear boots!

Reactions: BxQ

alexanderdavide

Reaction score
In my opinion, most derbies are a little less formal but in most occasions where you could wear derbys you could also wear boots and probably look cleaner. In that sense, they are nice to switch things up, especially when something more comfortable and convenient is needed, but not a must have product. When looking for the 'Hedi aesthetic', derbies probably are not the thing.

However, I would totally stay away from those artisanal derbies.

Last edited:

Serad

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what you consider to be "derbies" (to me it's that derbies have open lacing with the lacing part stitched onto the vamp, whereas oxfords have closed lacing) but I was really digging the new SS20 footwear in that regard. Consider the Jonas derby:

1587391625134.png

1587391637229.png

The only thing that has kept me from copping right now is I'm not super sure on the patent leather, might be too shiny for daily wear/my tastest.... but it's really difficult to tell from the stock pics. I thought that @Trixz ordered a pair of white ones? I'd be down to hear more about these (or the oxford variant, the Hopper?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads