• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Agreed, some of this stuff is pretty cool:
1584094604_023J605B0531_C988_E13_ZH.jpg

1584094605_023C319A4811_C171_E13_ZH.jpg

ASAPRice

Reaction score
@Trixz
Also I'd want to have appropriate undershirts with those shirts, not really gonna wear shirts with my belly button exposed in real life.
if you've never tried it, try rocking shirts on the shorter side, I personally love it
I'll rock open jackets without shirts under during the spring too, the airflow feels amazing

I've had a pair of cropped denim in my rotation for a few years, but I only wear boots so not how applicable it is here, but they're easy to interchange with normal pairs of denim.

Chucks/vans can look sick with jorts but you gotta be on the younger side to pull em off

dacarden

Reaction score
I have been wearing SLP flannels and my broken in D01’s for the most part if I pop into the office. Haven’t touched my boots, but have opted for my black era comfy cush vans. Hair has been growing considerably and just keeps going.

For the warmer weather, I will wear some lighter colored thrashed denim (SLP crash denim or Amiri thrashers) with some low top vans or Hedi boots depending on how much of a beach bum skate punk I feel like.

I find myself trying to like Hedi-Celine, but have yet to find any interest in any of his designs. I like the some denim and a couple longer coats but that’s it. Must be all the bowl cuts of the models throwing me off. I feel the same towards AV SLP. Couple of cool pieces here and there, but nothing I am particularly interested in.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another item that I ordered goes against the social norm, not only mens jean shorts but short jean shorts for men! I'm still not sure how I'll style it but I imagine I'll need to tuck in a shirt like the model or perhaps wear a shorter polo to stay within proportions. Mr. @SirGrotius will be happy to know I pulled the trigger and is not alone. I see them as being care free and super relaxed for summer for patios and biking.

View attachment 1363450

... As I get older the IDGF factor grows stronger and also at odds with that feeling is the feeling of not wanting to be too extra...

Everything but the blazer is what constituted the uniform of us Urban-Outfitters-frequenting, Gen Y hipsters when I was in my 20s living in Austin, Texas. Take that for what it's worth.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
My business is considered essential so I'm still working however I wear a uniform at work so the only time I'm able to wear my usual SLP attire is on the weekends. Doesn't matter if I'm going grocery shopping, movies, restaurant, arcade, etc. The only difference now is I'm just going grocery shopping then home. I cannot stand being home so I've been taking long drives on my way home.

papillo

Reaction score
My business is considered essential so I'm still working however I wear a uniform at work so the only time I'm able to wear my usual SLP attire is on the weekends. Doesn't matter if I'm going grocery shopping, movies, restaurant, arcade, etc. The only difference now is I'm just going grocery shopping then home. I cannot stand being home so I've been taking long drives on my way home.

Same here. We are also essential, but we have been allowed to work from home. On rare occasions, ive had to go into the office for large print jobs. I've been wearing a lot more of my SLP stuff at home now. I wore this a couple of days ago

HEHMQh4.jpg

i recently got the crash denim, and would love to have it tapered a bit below the knees along with a tiny hem, alas tailors are MIA at the moment. I would love to find the grey crash at some point to complete the collection.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I assume that you guys who bought the Hopper derbies went tts on them? From the pics it looks like the last has quite a bit of toe room.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I don't own any SLP D02 denim, but I am interested in purchasing the 2016 Marbled wash. I am a 32 in John Elliott's Cast 2. What size would fit me best in D02 denim? Thank you

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any SLP D02 denim, but I am interested in purchasing the 2016 Marbled wash. I am a 32 in John Elliott's Cast 2. What size would fit me best in D02 denim? Thank you
I typically take the same size in both, but SLP doesn’t permanently stretch/bag out as much as JE. Retains its shape a little better.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I typically take the same size in both, but SLP doesn’t permanently stretch/bag out as much as JE. Retains its shape a little better.

Appreciate it. I keep seeing size 31 and 33, instead of 32 in the pair I want lol. I'll keep hunting. Thank you.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of JE Cast II raws from Season 10 in a size 30, whereas my pair of D02 raws from either FW19 or SS20 are 32. The JEs I've had for about 6 mos, the D02s I just got. Accounting for the possible stretch in the hem of the JE, both hem measurements are the same at just under 13". The JEs fit a little slimmer overall in the leg, but that being said, the D02s in recent seasons apparently run comparatively small, given that I had to size up to a 32. However, I will acknowledge that I have put on some weight since purchasing the JEs, so it's possible they have simply stretched with me, especially given how pliant they are.

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of JE Cast II raws from Season 10 in a size 30, whereas my pair of D02s from either FW19 or SS20 are 32. The JEs I've had for about 6 mos, the D02s I just got. Accounting for the possible stretch in the hem of the JE, both hem measurements are the same at just under 13". The JEs fit a little slimmer overall in the leg, but that being said, the D02s in recent seasons apparently run comparatively small, given that I had to size up to a 32. However, I will acknowledge that I have put on some weight since purchasing the JEs, so it's possible they have simply stretched with me, especially given how pliant they are.
I can definitely see going down one size in JE compared to D02’s (some of my earlier season D02’s are 31, while newer ones and all my Cast 2’s are 30), but I definitely wouldn’t recommended going down two sizes to anyone. Perhaps the fact that they’re raws has something to do with it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can definitely see going down one size in JE compared to D02’s (some of my earlier season D02’s are 31, while newer ones and all my Cast 2’s are 30), but I definitely wouldn’t recommended going down two sizes to anyone. Perhaps the fact that they’re raws has something to do with it.

That sounds about right - both jeans are raw, which as I understand always has more accommodation and stretch than the washed models for both brands.

KawaiiT

Reaction score
I wear the same for D02 and JE. Maybe 1 Size smaller for D02s depending on the pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads