• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received a SLP Stars hoodie and am pretty certain it's fake. Seller claims it is authentic. I happen to have the same Stars hoodie and immediately knew this was off. Since many of us are confined to our homes, I thought this would be a nice little game we can play together. I need others to help in confirming that it is indeed a fake. Here are some differences that I found.

1) Color and material. Real is a more washed black and heavier weight. You can also see the stitching has a plastic layer on the Fake and no hang tag loop inside the left shoulder. The hoodie did not come with any tags. Seller said they had but never sent. Very close though. If you're just about flexing the name, this repo will do you just fine.

IMG_0236.jpg

2) The tags: The Real tag script is unique. The color is a subtle blue gray cement.
The Fake tag script didn't even try. It was solid bright white all throughout.

image6.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpg

3) Sleeve cuffs: Real has double stitching. Fake is only single stitch. The cuffs and waist elastic feel substantially better and tighter on the Real.
image1 (4).jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg

4) Stitching: I mentioned this earlier, but the stitching on the Fake is clean and basic. The Real stitching is more fuzzy but refined. Also, you check out the difference of the tag location between the two. The real is much higher up, the Fake sits on the hip.

IMG_0250.jpg

I think it's a 4 game sweep. Please help me out though, it can't just be me claiming this. And if there are other differences that you are aware of let me know. This reproduction version was very good. It would take a good eye to really tell. The only reason I caught on quick is cause I've got 11 SLP hoodies. I know when one of them ain't right.

Last edited:

bigpilotwo7

Reaction score
I was travelling Europe and found them for sale below $200. I bought 5 at the SLP outlet in Tuscany. The T shirts were all selling for ~$50. Madness. I should have bought the entire store looking back. From there, just went with what I liked. Picked up newer seasons here and there and here we are.

Randeep

Reaction score

2) The tags: The Real tag script is unique. The color is a subtle blue gray cement.
The Fake tag script didn't even try. It was solid bright white all throughout.

View attachment 1358497 View attachment 1358498

I think it's a 4 game sweep. Please help me out though, it can't just be me claiming this. And if there are other differences that you are aware of let me know. This reproduction version was very good. It would take a good eye to really tell. The only reason I caught on quick is cause I've got 11 SLP hoodies. I know when one of them ain't right.

I'm surprised how good those tags are. Usually the fakes have an actual woven/shiny material, unlike real tags which are dull and have a paper-like feel.

The other usual giveaway is that the N and T in "SAINT LAURENT" are joined together, but the fake has this too.

That being said, the fake still hasn't replicated the "PARIS" properly, which in the real one is slightly serif and more importantly the "I" character is thinner. In comparison the fake has the "I" in the same thick width font.

Edit: the above is pivotal proof IMO but maybe you can also check if the fake tag has perforations towards where it is stitched in? I think all (? unconfirmed, haven't checked whist I write this ?) real tags have perforations so they can easily be torn off, leaving just a stub of the tag behind.

Edit 2: and you may as well avail us of the seller's identity :)

Last edited:

bolimachine69

Reaction score
Hello!!!

Could someone tell me a good alternative to black 15,5 cm jeans? (in terms of cut, material...).

I want to change my saint laurent jeans but not ready to spend 420 euros again. And all models I have checked tend to be like leggins (prefer more a skinny/slim cutl).

Thanks in advance

clskier

Reaction score
John Elliott Cast 2's in Carbon or Obsidian in my opinion are a great substitute for D02's in my experience. 40% off at Nordstrom as well currently.

dacarden

Reaction score
John Elliott Cast 2's in Carbon or Obsidian in my opinion are a great substitute for D02's in my experience. 40% off at Nordstrom as well currently.
Thank you for the heads up!! I was so stoked to pick up a pair of dead stock Japanese denim D01’s with tags from 2016! Will have to check these out too!

Trixz

Reaction score
With the most recent events it seems there has been a dip in activity since perhaps we are all wearing lounge wear in our homes right now. Does anyone here still dress up for the day even if they don't need to leave their home?

Anyways, at first I was a big hater of AV when he first came to the SLP house because the changes in cuts and lackluster design. However, now that he is hitting his stride I feel like his items have grown a lot on me, some that I never believed I'd see myself wearing. Pair that with the higher price hikes and changes in aesthetic of Celine, I have seemed to circle back to SLP.

Here are some things that I've ordered to see how they pan out for me:

Cropped denim! I've never been one to wear cropped denim and am not sure if it will fit my style but any tips is appreciated. It seems like a good idea to let the ankles breath in the warmer weather if we are allowed to leave out houses. It seems AV does with having a heavier look on top to balance out the proportions on the bottom. Also, within that picture:

White hoppers! First, what even is a hopper in comparison to a derby or oxford? It seems to me that with my uniform of white common projects and black denim that these hoppers aren't a large leap and can bring a bit of fancy-ness while still being a bit relaxed. The question that goes along with it is socks or no socks? The model isn't wearing socks but hello summer! Lastly, what would be the longevity of white dress shoes?
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.49.38 AM.png

Another item that I ordered goes against the social norm, not only mens jean shorts but short jean shorts for men! I'm still not sure how I'll style it but I imagine I'll need to tuck in a shirt like the model or perhaps wear a shorter polo to stay within proportions. Mr. @SirGrotius will be happy to know I pulled the trigger and is not alone. I see them as being care free and super relaxed for summer for patios and biking.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 10.49.48 AM.png

Anyways, those three items are whats been ordered but I'm not sure how they will all come together for me or how confident I'll be wearing them. Other items that I have my eye on are:

The white leather belt
The panama hat
Distressed denim with holes ( is this a fad, will I feel like I joined the masses, yet why am I so drawn to it?)

As I get older the IDGF factor grows stronger and also at odds with that feeling is the feeling of not wanting to be too extra, perhaps this is influenced by the relatively homogenous style here in Minnesota. Let me know what you guys think about these pieces or what pieces you have your eyes on lately. I'm on spring break and quarantined...so I'll get back to you pretty quickly.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting write up Trixz. I'm of a similar bent, as AV has grown on me, and that is somewhat relative to being ehh with Celine thus far.

I'm wearing a lot of lululemon pants, to be honest, since it's still a bit brisk in PA. I have a plethora of nice, slim sweaters that I'll mix up throughout the week. Most of them are from Dior and SLP. Celine does make nice knitwear, too. I've always found knitwear easiest to purchase online, since no tailoring is needed!

Occasionally, when I do video calls I'll don nice jeans and a dress shirt with a SL or Dior blazer. It cuts a perfect figure and no one can see the bottom half.

Along that vein, I'll be sure to break out the jorts soon as the weather warms up and you're right, they go well with a slim polo, of which I have quite a few. It's almost bizarre that HS did the same set of polos for Dior, SL, and Celine now!

Finally, one other note under this similar aegis, Dior seems to be killing it now. Kim Jones's summer collection is super, if you can pull it off.

Serad

Reaction score
@Trixz. Agree with the Hopper shoe, it looks super cool for summer, styled this way. I'm a fan of the cropped sockless combo.
I also really dig the tortoiseshell Hoppers. The main thing keeping them from me is the patent leather (in all models). I'm afraid it'll end up being too shiny, and also patent leather is 'usually' reserved for tuxedo and stuff so hmm. Celine also has a similar option with the Jacno shoe in white calf.

I'm also a big fan of the tie-up shirts for example these looks:

SAINT-LAURENT_MEN_SUMMER-SPRING20_FITTINGS_23_HR.jpg

And this one with the bolero vest. I really dig that vest here, it's also a very unique piece not like the usual waistcoat (looks dumb mostly). I'd cop it but not sure if that look can really be rocked.
SAINT-LAURENT_MEN_SUMMER-SPRING20_FITTINGS_47_HR-1.jpg

I'm not really sure how those shirts would work irl; not sure if they can still also function as a normal shirt if you tuck it. The knot looks cool here with the vest or no jacket, but I think it'll look dumb with a jacket on. Regardless I think the whole look is insanely cool for those nonchalant summer vibes.

Also I'd want to have appropriate undershirts with those shirts, not really gonna wear shirts with my belly button exposed in real life.

Despite all my wallet plotting it's still cold and grey as **** here so whatever.

Trixz

Reaction score
@SirGrotius I too am in Lululemon sweats. When you are referring to Dior is it the Resort 2020?

@Serad Good point about the patent. I wonder if it was because the rest of the outfit is so relaxed. As for the tie shirts and vest, I think they look great, it's just not something I can pull off right now. Cropped pants are just entering my closet. It's too outside the norm here or perhaps it's an issue with my mindset. If one was to wear a tie shirt, I too would feel comfortable with a tee underneath but does that detract from the purpose of being cooler and the aesthetic, as if you are wearing a v-neck sweater with a crew neck tee.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Trixz I'm referencing Dior Summer 2020. Very clean colors and am a fan of the footwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads