• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WH23

Reaction score
I’ve been recently lurking in the Celine thread and thought I could post here for guidance. I have a Hedi era 2015 permanent collection tuxedo jacket. I recently found online a pair of the permanent collection pants with the tuxedo stripe on the sides that match the jacket, hoping they were Hedi era, but when I got them in I saw they were from 2019. My first thought was to not keep them since they’re likely not Hedi’s cut, but I stopped following SLP after FW16 and I guess I’m looking for confirmation. I’m assuming Vac changed the cut of the permanent collection right? Since I stopped paying attention to SLP I don’t really know. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WH23

Reaction score
I only tried them on for a minute, I have to go back and try them with the jacket. The sizing feels right around the waist, but wide in the thighs, which was giving me pause. I’d probably need to get them tailored. But then if I need to do that I’m thinking it’s probably better to keep looking for a Hedi pair that would fit better without the need for so much tailoring if his are slimmer?

dacarden

Reaction score
Personally, I would just get them tailored. This of course, is coming from a guy who never has luck wearing suiting off the rack lol. A great tailor can make all the difference in my humble opinion.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I only tried them on for a minute, I have to go back and try them with the jacket. The sizing feels right around the waist, but wide in the thighs, which was giving me pause. I’d probably need to get them tailored. But then if I need to do that I’m thinking it’s probably better to keep looking for a Hedi pair that would fit better without the need for so much tailoring if his are slimmer?
if they fit in the waist just get them tailored

rire

Reaction score
What are the chances of having any pair of denim fitting just right off the rack? None, Hedi or not.

papillo

Reaction score
Also, i would think the chances of finding the hedi era pants alone cant be that great either. I echo the comments that recommend that you just tailor what you found.

dacarden

Reaction score
Could use some advice on picking out the perfect white t-shirt. What are some of your guys favorites and how do they fit? I would like to find a shirt that is cotton and with a minimal amount of sheer. I have heard uniqulo makes some of the best. Pima cotton is a plus!

nekromantik

Reaction score
Could use some advice on picking out the perfect white t-shirt. What are some of your guys favorites and how do they fit? I would like to find a shirt that is cotton and with a minimal amount of sheer. I have heard uniqulo makes some of the best. Pima cotton is a plus!

Kinda in wrong thread if you want white t shirt.
Good premium plain tees can be had from John Elliot or Sunspel.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How much of a rush are you in? The good thing about searching around for an Hedi-era tuxedo pants 2015 is that:
  1. Other things may be different besides the tapering of thighs and calves, for instance, I'd wonder if rise has creeper higher in the past four years, pocket designs might be slightly altered, fabric could be different. Fairly minor, but a consideration
  2. I don't think tuxedos tend to get as much wear as say suits, so if you find a 2015 pair of SLP tuxedo pants, I'd expect very good condition
  3. The challenge is there can't be that many, or any floating around, so you'll have to wait
  4. Finally, it's kind of cool to think it's one seamless unit, all from 2015, designed by Hedi, but my gut instinct is that the changes have been minor and you could probably live with it and spare yourself the hassle!

dacarden

Reaction score
I was just thinking about some of your guys favorites to pair with an L01 or other SLP jackets. Summer is coming soon.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I was just thinking about some of your guys favorites to pair with an L01 or other SLP jackets. Summer is coming soon.
tanks, tees, or
shirtless

RGPG3RX.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads