• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always look at the websites policy on duties/customs. I think if you don't accept the package they'll send back to sender so I'd double check with them that it'd be refunded if you go that route.

anyways, i raised it with ssense and they said just refuse the item and it will be sent back. the way they responded made it obvious that this happens all the time, which means that it isn't common knowledge and that SSENSE can do themselves a favor by making it more clear.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like that jacket, but the horizontal stripe on the sleeves kills it for me.

Also, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE MENSWEAR SHOW?

jacket would be very hard to pull off - the model doesn't even look good there

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m actually becoming a Vac convert, although most of the items I turn towards are still from Hedi’s influence. I was reluctant at first because of the major cut differences but lately the cuts on the denim and shirts have been killer with a return to a more slim/skinny cut. My most recent denim purchase fits me like a glove and I’m right back into the SLP vibe. Tried a few Celine items and the material/sizing is different. Gives me a bit of a stuffy feeling.

Anyways, with spring and summer around the corner I’m curious on peoples thoughts about these shorts. They seem a bit shorter then what I’m used to but I’ve started to gravitate towards a shorter hem length. I just think a shorter length looks better on me but these may be a bit too short. Is there any measurement/body shapes that go along with best fitting shorts? Here they are:

I have the jorts which were lampooned on this thread. I've haven't received a single compliment on them or any acknowledgement except mild disapproval from my better half. I have them in black and blue because I find them super comfortable. I hemmed them to be a touch longer than how that model is wearing them, so Anthony is definitely cropping them shorter. I personally think they look much with the shorter look, as long is a big slobbish like cargo pants. The denim quality is excellent though. I found them a bit big on the waist, but I don't even try to figure out sizing each year, just go with my usual size and deal with it.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the jorts which were lampooned on this thread. I've haven't received a single compliment on them or any acknowledgement except mild disapproval from my better half. I have them in black and blue because I find them super comfortable. I hemmed them to be a touch longer than how that model is wearing them, so Anthony is definitely cropping them shorter. I personally think they look much with the shorter look, as long is a big slobbish like cargo pants. The denim quality is excellent though. I found them a bit big on the waist, but I don't even try to figure out sizing each year, just go with my usual size and deal with it.
This is hilarious. What do you usually wear them with, out of curiosity?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, yes, it is! When I wear jorts, it's exclusively casual, but I can be fairly dressy, so often a nice t-shirt or a maybe a polo at most, but I'll sometimes wear a cashmere hoodie (very fine) from Dior with it, or do a light Saint Laurent sweater on top during the evening. I wear them with fashionable sneakers. It's just not a good look in general.

Saint Laurent everything else is usually a compliment magnent. It straddles the luxury side, where people know you're wearing something high-quality, but it's not particularly discreet with some of the designs, cuts, or textures, so you draw some attention. Of course, my dinosaur sweater gains by far the most compliments, which is a bit scary.

If you're thinking I only wear clothes for compliments, it's not true at all. I'm more of the dream mindset, where I want them to express a certain elegance, an aspiration or my mood for the day, and also to be respectful and presentable to others. Yada yada.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would never be able to pull off jorts haha
Me neither; but I think SirGrotius is rocking a different vibe than a lot of us on here. That's why I asked him how he tended to wear them. I think wearing them with sneakers and a sweater, on say a warm summer evening, could work quite well, especially if you have a certain lifestyle. I think the look from teh last men's runway show (perhaps "last" in both senses?) was atrocious, though (the one with the trench coat).

I'm the type of person who only wears shorts when I'm at the gym, or running, though. So, when it's like 90 degrees out, I still wear jeans, and just suffer accordingly. What's even worse, though, is that I'm the type of person who tends to sweat a lot.

I totally agree with SirGrotius when it comes to not fishing for compliments via your clothing selection. In fact, for whatever reason, I'm the type of person whose uncomfortable with people complimenting me on my clothes, especially men--especially men who have no style. When I wear my FW13 tweed/mohair overcoat out, I'm constantly getting weird guys asking me "where I got it".

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Me neither; but I think SirGrotius is rocking a different vibe than a lot of us on here. That's why I asked him how he tended to wear them. I think wearing them with sneakers and a sweater, on say a warm summer evening, could work quite well, especially if you have a certain lifestyle. I think the look from teh last men's runway show (perhaps "last" in both senses?) was atrocious, though (the one with the trench coat).

I'm the type of person who only wears shorts when I'm at the gym, or running, though. So, when it's like 90 degrees out, I still wear jeans, and just suffer accordingly.

same here

rokor

Reaction score
What I wore today.
A3CC98A3-0045-4839-B858-1321B73B0E1B.jpeg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it gets warmer here I am definitely going to pick up one of these t-shirts, and possibly a tank as well:
12407539HJ_14_a_v4.jpg

Also, has anyone got a chance to check out this jacket in person?
15007253UH_14_a_v4.jpg

rokor

Reaction score
Which jeans are they?
They’re Diesel Black Gold from a few seasons back. I prefer a lot of the BG treatments and details over what SLP has been putting out and with a bit of tailoring you can end up with essentially a better D02. That being said I’m a big fan of the regular black stretch D02s for a jean that isn’t distressed or treated.

nekromantik

Reaction score
They’re Diesel Black Gold from a few seasons back. I prefer a lot of the BG treatments and details over what SLP has been putting out and with a bit of tailoring you can end up with essentially a better D02. That being said I’m a big fan of the regular black stretch D02s for a jean that isn’t distressed or treated.

I not tried any of the BG jeans. Only those kinda brands I got is Nudie (which fit me best without tailoring!) and Frame.
Lux ones I like are SLP and Amiri. Amiri is way over priced so not got any. SLPs I have 1 pair of FW16 black D02s.
I like some of the treatments and washes of recent D01s but they would all need tailoring on hem and thighs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads