• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dacarden

Reaction score
Haha, I could see anything seeming bulky compared to RO! What do you take as your usual size? I've heard that people tend to size down 1 on L01 to get a trimmer look, unless they want to layer heavily, but then there's this ongoing debate as to whether or not you should be able to zip the jacket.

I've only had leather tailored at the boutique where I bought it, and even then it's with the utmost skepticism. Tailoring the sleeves a touch seems reasonable in terms of tightening that seam, although I'd worry about it lining up correctly, the type of thread used, etc.!

Never heard of sizing down on an L01! I am somewhere between a 50-52 and I roll with a 52 which fits snuuuuuggg when zipped up.

My calf L01 did fit wider in the sleeves.

Royce13

Reaction score
Never heard of sizing down on an L01! I am somewhere between a 50-52 and I roll with a 52 which fits snuuuuuggg when zipped up.

My calf L01 did fit wider in the sleeves.
Thanks for that! I’m same as you and went with 52 as a little more of an athletic build up top. Appreciate the feedback

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Don't think the sleeve length too short?
Personally, I think they may be short for a dress shirt, but for a casual shirt like that I think the sleeves look cool like that. Do you plan on wearing the shirt under a blazer?

nekromantik

Reaction score
Personally, I think they may be short for a dress shirt, but for a casual shirt like that I think the sleeves look cool like that. Do you plan on wearing the shirt under a blazer?

Nope plan to wear it under either a hoody or zipped cardigan.
I didnt know the Hedi wool shirts would be much slimmer and have shorter length sleeves then the cotton ones.
In the cotton flannels the sleeves are a tad long as it overs wrist bend.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope plan to wear it under either a hoody or zipped cardigan.
I didnt know the Hedi wool shirts would be much slimmer and have shorter length sleeves then the cotton ones.
In the cotton flannels the sleeves are a tad long as it overs wrist bend.
I'm not a fan of the SLP flannels, but given how much people in this thread rave about them, I might just be weird on this. I actually like some of the leopard print and Hawaiian ones from this season, and could see myself picking one of those up. At any rate, I like the fit of yours as is.

Since people were talking about this a short while ago, I noticed that Mrporter has some Blackmeans biker jackets up on their site, and they're super tempting.
w1200_q80.jpg
w1200_q80.jpg

It appears that the first one has YKK zippers, which I know people tend to denigrate. But they look pretty amazing to me, and the fit seems to be really slim.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of SLP flannels! Should he be banned? ;)

Those jackets do look nice, but would you feel like a rock star in them? Half joking/half serious.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of SLP flannels! Should he be banned? ;)

Those jackets do look nice, but would you feel like a rock star in them? Half joking/half serious.
In fairness I've never looked at the flannels in person, so I'm open to the fact that that might convert me. I'm actually looking hard at SLP double riders now, even though my two previous attempts at wearing them (a John Elliot and an infamous TOJ) didn't jive with me. They're really hard to pull off imo.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Since people were talking about this a short while ago, I noticed that Mrporter has some Blackmeans biker jackets up on their site, and they're super tempting.
those product pics don't do the jackets justice, they look even better in person- join the blackmeans club ?
I fuckin' love mine for what it's worth

Bill H

Reaction score
If I were to size down one, no way to zip it but I know, it’s not really meant to be zipped lol... I’ll throw up a fit pic or two to get some opinions, I could be over thinking it.
Bro don't alter it. I would advise be happy with it, or take the L and exchange for a smaller size... or a diff season... I don't own, but I hear L01 fit very diff from year to year... especially the SS12. BTW, I can't close any of my riders... actually, one of them I may be able to close but never tried ha... the calf hair which I posted on the celine thread.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Thanks both.
The collar does seem to sit slightly high on neck which feels odd lol

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know that the SLP bags / wallets have serial numbers that allow authentication - do the clothes also have something similar?
i bought some stuff online (flannels and teddy) that i want to bring to a store and see if they'll help me authenticate it, otherwise i'll return those items. i was wondering if there's anything that a sales associate would be looking at outside of an eye / visual inspection.

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
i know that the SLP bags / wallets have serial numbers that allow authentication - do the clothes also have something similar?
i bought some stuff online (flannels and teddy) that i want to bring to a store and see if they'll help me authenticate it, otherwise i'll return those items. i was wondering if there's anything that a sales associate would be looking at outside of an eye / visual inspection.

Yeh on the care tag there is a style code and of course you can also tell by the font/spacing texture of tag etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads