• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dacarden

Reaction score
So I was just taking a look at my lamb L17 today which I haven’t worn in a few months, and noticed these faint white looking marks. Is the leather drying/cracking from storage? Should I treat it with something? I know it’s minor, but don’t want it to worsen and become more noticeable.
View attachment 1323001 View attachment 1323002
I would highly recommend conditioning the leather with a high quality neatsfoot oil or similar product. Likely what is happening is the finish from the leather is starting to show it’s age and it needs a little love. Nothing to be concerned about. I have restored multiple pairs of leather boots.

dacarden

Reaction score
Personally I would take that money and save up for a preowned L01. You can find them from 1500-2500 on Grailed in great condition.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
What are folks' thoughts on the Coach moto jacket as a more affordable option vs the L01?
if something pops up in your size (they run small), cop a Blackmeans leather jacket of Grailed instead. They aren't super common, but they're just as high quality - if not nicer- than SLP is. Blackmeans calf feels thicker/sturdier to the touch, but I don't think they make lamb ones. My last fit pic was with a calf blackmeans

And the coach jacket is just as nice as an L01, at least from when I tried it on in store. Once you get above ~1K retail diminishing returns start to kick in and quality is basically the same

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if something pops up in your size (they run small), cop a Blackmeans leather jacket of Grailed instead. They aren't super common, but they're just as high quality - if not nicer- than SLP is. Blackmeans calf feels thicker/sturdier to the touch, but I don't think they make lamb ones. My last fit pic was with a calf blackmeans

And the coach jacket is just as nice as an L01, at least from when I tried it on in store. Once you get above ~1K retail diminishing returns start to kick in and quality is basically the same
Blackmeans quality is insane, the Blackmeans x John Elliott collabs are great as well (I have two and they are heavy AF). Another brand to check out is fine creek leathers, their Leon custom is amazing.

dacarden

Reaction score
Anyone know what season the Nevada 20 Harness Boots are from? I am thinking of picking up a pair.

Side note: selling my SS16 palm tree backpack if anyone is interested! DM me.

Attachments

• 9097FBF2-4176-48F9-8633-44AAB9CAF3AF.jpeg
    9097FBF2-4176-48F9-8633-44AAB9CAF3AF.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 145

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
What are folks' thoughts on the Coach moto jacket as a more affordable option vs the L01?

I genuinely have this jacket and I love it. I have tried on the L01 several times, including the day I purchased the Coach jacket, and while it compares favourably the main benefit to the L01 is the higher quality lining and YSL brand clout/flex factor for sure. The Coach feels much nicer than the high street brands like Sandro and Kooples equivalents, and IMHO is much nicer than my friend’s Schott jacket. Another friend has a Dior biker from a few seasons ago and I think it holds up well to that too.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Blackmeans quality is insane, the Blackmeans x John Elliott collabs are great as well (I have two and they are heavy AF).
glad to see another blackmeans fan in here. They got a few hella cool videos on YT if you're into their mindset and whatnot. I've been debating copping a pair of their leather bikers- the trousers- but I'm not sure if I can rock em enough to make it worth it for me

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
regarding one specific model of the teddy jacket:
white collar, white cuffs,
black leather trim on shoulders and pocket slashes
is the above limited to a specific year / season? i have not seen that iteration lately on the website (most common is black and white, red and white, and all black [black collar, black cuffs, black leather trim])

thanks!

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have NWT D17 M /BC/LW Black SIZE 31, looking to sell by weekend if anyone interested. Otherwise I will just taper the boot cut and keep it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads