• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OhMe

Reaction score
44 is the right size. It runs very big. To be honest, I've had it for a year and have only worn it a couple times. I even had it tailored (shortened up the bottom and sleeves a bit), and still the bulbous aspect was too much for me! I think the idea is to be spacious, but I feel like I'm walking around with a giant wool blanket.

That said, I'm only 5'6", about 120 lbs, so not quite in model--esque territory.
smile.gif

Yes, the space is normal, a duffle coat is not supposed to be close to the body at all. It would be anti natural for this piece.

I am 1.86 meters (6.1 ft) for 70 kilos (155 lbs), I hope it will be good on me.

If the silhouette is like in the FW13 runway, I will be very happy, that's exactly what I am looking for :

If the piece is good on me, I intend to keep it lifelong. It's really the kind of piece that you buy as an investment (contrary to a funny teddy you will like to change next year or that you will be ashamed to wear 3 years later haha).

Btw, I ordered it at - 20 % on Luisaviaroma with this code for those who need it : HS64 (I don't think it works for SS17 items). Enjoy !
wink.gif

Last edited:

MR-M

Reaction score
Thanks. Also thinking about getting that duffle coat before it's too late. Silly question but does Luisaviaroma ships clothing with the proper packaging (SLP-branded clothe hanger and garment bag) or does it usually come with their own branded-stuff (or nothing)? I ask as, for instance, MRPORTER delivered a teddy I had bought with no hanger nor garment bag — which I think is unacceptable — and, being a little bit fussy, I like to keep all my clothing in their proper packaging when not worn.

OhMe

Reaction score
Silly question but does Luisaviaroma ships clothing with the proper packaging (SLP-branded clothe hanger and garment bag)

Yes, they ship with the proper packaging when they have it, which is the case for Saint Laurent.

I ordered a jacket last month and it came with hanger and bag, no problem.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The caban coat I bought from LVR came with the hanger, but without the suit bag, whereas the backup one I bought from the online store came with the bag and the hanger (bought a second one to keep for future). Jeans also don't come with dust bags like they do from the online store. It may vary depending on the item though I guess.

Most people find the duffle coat disappointing when they try it. It may work out if you're tall and can fit a small size though.

Speaking of duffles, I must say I do like the button up duffle from AW 15. I've never tried it though, so have no idea what it's like on.

Isolar

Reaction score

Thanks. Also thinking about getting that duffle coat before it's too late. Silly question but does Luisaviaroma ships clothing with the proper packaging (SLP-branded clothe hanger and garment bag) or does it usually come with their own branded-stuff (or nothing)? I ask as, for instance, MRPORTER delivered a teddy I had bought with no hanger nor garment bag — which I think is unacceptable — and, being a little bit fussy, I like to keep all my clothing in their proper packaging when not worn. 

Email Mr Porter's customer service. They'll send you a hanger and garment bag. I do it all the time, though I usually email them before ordering. I'm fussy like that too.

Remember to specify that you want a Saint Laurent-branded hanger. They only have Mr Porter-branded garment bags, but they're still quite nice (and durable!).

Of course, no one beats the YSL online store's packaging.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OhMe, you're the absolute perfect size for it. You'll great in it, and you're right, it will last a lifetime. The thing is built like a tank. I look so bad in it, so it's almost mocking to me, being an indestructible reminder. :)

I jest. I actually get a lot of compliments on it, I think because it's a bit different. It is extremely warm.

BestThreshNA

Reaction score
The lighting/mirror/low res aspects of the photo are kinda making that jacket look like a cheap pleather from Zara. I don't mean disrespect and I think if it were a better quality pic the jacket wouldn't look that way. The tee shirt or dress or whatever is pretty bad tho. Need to toss that and wear something way less longline

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket proportions aren't matching your body proportions. Can you fit in a smaller size? Or you can build more muscle to fill it in.

Last edited:

mwn11

Reaction score
Its not working for me sorry. The arms look massively long. Could you size down at all?

Randeep

Reaction score
1. size down 1 if you can, it looks like there's lots of room in the arms, that crumpled leather and the shoulder drop looks a bit strange (or bulk up :))
2. as said wear a t-shirt several inches shorter (personally, hate all those streetwear looking outfits using SLP on IG).
3. i would add a 3 passant belt that glimmers when your t- rides up :)
4. clean that mirror bruh

btw, what jeans and boots are those?

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think he can/should size down, at least if he plans to wear his jacket closed. It seems pretty tight in the waist already, and if it's too small then it will bunch up and look terribe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads