• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times. But what sizing for Skates?
I'm an 11.5 and seems the 44 (same sizing as my SL Sneakers) was too small. Seems they run TTS. Just sharing. Lame now I have Palm skates that are slightly small. If anybody has 44.5, let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just pulled the trigger and ordered black and blue raw both in the same size as all my SS16 jeans
hope they fit the same on the waist

They should. Seems the measurements are identical to last season. But I do believe this season is to be fitting skinner, not 100% sure though.

Last edited:

Yexu5y

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the SLP Raw denim MIJ ? It's the raw indigo from SSense. They fit just like FW15 D02's.

I just brought them true to size, and they fit amazing, but I could of gone a size up for a little bit more room. Will they stretch or shrink?

Last edited:

echau

Reaction score

The suede chains went from preorder to not available. Hopefully that means they're shipping out to boutiques soon!

Yexu5y

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times. But what sizing for Skates?
I'm an 11.5 and seems the 44 (same sizing as my SL Sneakers) was too small. Seems they run TTS. Just sharing. Lame now I have Palm skates that are slightly small. If anybody has 44.5, let me know. Thanks

Skates run true to size. I also had the same problem as you, so I just took out the insole
smile.gif

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wonder if the permanent biker jeans will become slimmer.. Like fw13/14

As some this season jeans are to be more skinny fit

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skates run true to size. I also had the same problem as you, so I just took out the insole :)

I wear a 42 in CPs, 43 in SLP boots, and had to size up to a 44 in skates.

Sweet 2th

Reaction score
I saw this on Farfetch recently. Never seen a version of the varsity jacket like this before. Is this new Vaccarello stuff or just a FW16 item that wasn't bought by other retailers?

Gotta say, I wish there were more things I wanted to buy this season, I've only picked up some mid waisted black raw hems and a sweater so far.

And not to keep harping on about it but I'm still trying to find the red cheetah print varsity from FW14 in a 42. If anyone has one or has a lead on one, PM me!

Last edited:

b19pen15

Reaction score
Is this new Vaccarello stuff or just a FW16 item that wasn't bought by other retailers?

FW17 will be Vaccarello's first collection, so even things that aren't a part of the current FW16 collection weren't overseen by him. SS17 was created under Hedi's team, and it appears as though they're letting some of those items bleed into FW16. That being said, I can't be sure if that varsity is FW16 or SS17 (I'd guess FW16), but it definitely wasn't designed under Vaccarello.

neonrider

Reaction score
that's correct. the hedi design team stuff isn't too bad, what little we've seen. they had instructions to just create a kind of best of/rehash collection for ss17. the rest remains to be seen.

the varsity is fw, it's pretty good actually, nice weight of fabric.

i really like the leathers this season, there's a nice range of lamb and calf in different designs. the guitar leather's pretty great.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the SLP Raw denim MIJ ? It's the raw indigo from SSense. They fit just like FW15 D02's.

I just brought them true to size, and they fit amazing, but I could of gone a size up for a little bit more room. Will they stretch or shrink?
That's not good for me as I found AW 15 D02 raw black to be far too loose in the knee area. How did you get them so quickly?

Yexu5y

Reaction score
That's not good for me as I found AW 15 D02 raw black to be far too loose in the knee area. How did you get them so quickly?

Two day shipping, they do fit snug to the skin like the model on ssense. sorry about that, I was comparing it to a AW15 grey denim d02 that I have. I don't have the black raws yet
smile.gif

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear, thanks for the info. And by the way they do stretch a little, but will then shrink after washing.

onlyslp

Reaction score
@kieran84 I think we ordered on the same day and I will be getting my blue and black raw tomorrow so I assume you'll be getting them tomorrow as well?

and by the way, I think the only problem I had with jeans after AW13 being looser were the black raws. My black destroyed, blue washed and blue destroyed from FW15 and SS16 were all pretty fitted (not as tight as AW13 black raws) unlike my black raw from FW15 which were sorta baggy in the thighs

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads