1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JChong8

JChong8 New Member

A question with regard to sizing on the SLP boots. I know there are obviously many different models, but what general sizing should I know about before ordering online. I actually live in an area that doesn't allow me to try on any SLP boots at all unless I traveled hours to do so.

The problem is that I have seen mixed opinions all over the place about the boots. I feel most say they fit "true to size" but I've seen reputable SLP owners in threads like this and others online mention sizing down 0.5 size to potentially a full size. I've heard suede has more give so you could size down a full size on the suede boots. I'm a size 42 in most sneakers but I'm wondering if I should go with a 42 or if a 42 would be a more comfortable fit?

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

generally TTS unless you have 6 toes

Isolar likes this.
  3. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

Not my experience. I can wear up to a 42 in Nike sneakers (and I'm usually between 40-41 in other brands), and I had to size down to 39 for a pair of Jodhpurs. All the SLP boots I've ever tried ran way large.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

And the point is instantly proven, yet again - order the pair you want from someone with a good return policy and don't assume varying styles (and materials within styles) fit the same. If buying used and you don't know the fit of the particular model then ask the seller for the info or buy at your own risk.

5. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

My sizing experiences. Athletic shoes are hard to compare to because the sizing varies so much depending on model.

Nikes: ~8.5 depending on shoe
    Y3: ~7.5-8.5 depending on shoe
    Margiela GATs (highs and lows): 41
    Pierre Hardy: 41
    Common Projects (achilles): 40
    Common Projects (chelseas): 41 (40 is slightly too tight)
    Raf Simon (astronauts): 40
    balenciaga multimatieres (high): 40
    balenciaga runners: 41
    Lanvin: 7
    YSL combat zip (leather): 41
    YSL SL/01 (leather): 41
    YSL SL/01H (leather): 41
    YSL jodphur low (suede): 40.5
    YSL jodphur high (suede): 40.5
    YSL chelsea (leather): 41
    YSL Wyatt (sidezip leather): 41
    YSL Wyatt (harness leather): 41
    YSL Wyatt (harness suede): 40.5 for older seasons, 41 for current season

ASAPRice likes this.
  6. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Also, this is my understanding of materials:

Suede (most flexible) > buffalo (more flexible, used in the silver/gold wyatts this season) > python (lined with calf) > calf (least flexible).

Not sure where the "cordovan" from the Eli boot this season fits, but I just tried on a 41 and it was uncomfortably tight. Also, pretty sure it actually isn't cordovan.

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ this is cool but how is this relevant to anyone except you and your feet?

8. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

I thought he was asking for other people's sizing experience to extrapolate his own size? I figured if I included multiple brands he can get an idea of what to order, just trying to be helpful. Specific models like gats/achilles/ect. are pretty consistent compared to (for example) nike sizing.

9. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

IMG_2630.JPG
    Anyone got these? How do they look in real life? How do you like them? Thanks!

100% cotton has me a little worried

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

wyatt 40 or wyatt 30?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  11. Nivaze

Nivaze Active Member

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Rilea likes this.
  13. dl123

dl123 Active Member

Guys, who are some of the cheaper retailers for SLP denim? Luisa Via Roma, Ssense, etc are all mad expensive. All the others (i.e. Mr Porter) seem to have a really limited range of denim and seem to be mostly slim fit.

Damn it sucks being in Australia sometimes. One SLP stockist in a city of 4 million + and it's the worst cut on available.

14. Nivaze

Nivaze Active Member

15. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but has anybody bought from Yoox before? I'm considering picking up a shirt from there, but I've just read some negative reviews on Google about being sold fake clothes so I'm not sure

16. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

I've bought from them many times without any issues. Yoox also manages ysl.com

17. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Thanks! It looks like I'll be buying the shirt then :)

18. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Picked up the SL 137 Devon sunglasses in black today—the ones that were all over the Palladium show. Tried them on when buying the SL 51 Slim a few weeks back, and initially thought they were slightly too large for my face, but that may have only been in comparison to the 51s. Should have known I'd end up with both.

I wanted a larger pair, and think these are slightly more unique than the Bold 1, which was my second option. Plus I have the Tom Ford Campbell, which are pretty similar in shape and style to the Bold 1. I guess those will be my next pair lol.

19. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Another vote for the clear frame S28s with the mirrored frame. I stole the idea from stoptryingtoohard and I enjoy them a lot. Very comfortable, and the mirror effect is spot on.

Yes, the new forum is so trashy.

20. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Sorry these were the best I could do, I'm not great with taking selfies or times shots. Hopefully this helps. They are pretty light in color in real life
    IMG_2641.JPG IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2657.JPG
    IMG_2659.JPG

Adamdraps, therattler and SirGrotius like this.