• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score
Man, I dig that leather-on-leather varsity from the new women's collection. Wouldn't mind seeing that pop up on the men's side. I also admire the hell out of that heart-shaped fur. Remember seeing Cara wear it in Vogue or something. Looks really cool. The options for womenswear really do put menswear to shame. But alas...

I forgot how pricey womenswear is compared to mens, for gendered versions of the same garment.

I wonder if Hedi's team had an expanded role for FW16, considering the heavy output—perhaps in order to ease the transition into SS17. Or maybe Kering simply tasked Hedi with creating a giant collection that can be peddled through to FW17.

Last edited:

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
Can anyone find the stock ysl.com/yoox photo for the FW14 stud biker? I can't find it anywhere.

dieseltheory

Reaction score
^ Yea, they ones on Rodeo are a 45.

Do the boutiques have a central system where they can locate stock at other stores?

Yes they do...just ask the SA to locate whatever you're looking for and they can usually order and have it shipped to you, worse case, you can call and order over phone to be shipped to you...i've done it several times myself :)

Robert ACCD

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

my friend gave me a Saint laurent sunset teddy the other day and I just want to confirm its real. The story behind it is that my friend's cousin is a stylist for celebrities in korea and had a couple of jackets laying around and sent it to him. It wasn't his style so he gave the to me. If you guys could help me figure out if they're authentic I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Robert

edwardh123

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

my friend gave me a Saint laurent sunset teddy the other day and I just want to confirm its real. The story behind it is that my friend's cousin is a stylist for celebrities in korea and had a couple of jackets laying around and sent it to him. It wasn't his style so he gave the to me. If you guys could help me figure out if they're authentic I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Robert

looks good

Monkmobile

Reaction score
Hey all

i have a flannel shirt that is slightly too big for me. Is it recommended to alter SLP flannels or will it ruin the pattern? tapering sleeves, armhole and tapering the shirt slightly

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
Just got the blue trash denim from 2015. I normally take a 34 in all pants like the Ralph Lauren Varick cut, but the SLP were ridiculously huge in the waist I could've taken a 31 or 30. Is SLP really that vanity sized or is just that specific wash ridiculously huge ?

scanner

Reaction score
Just got the blue trash denim from 2015. I normally take a 34 in all pants like the Ralph Lauren Varick cut, but the SLP were ridiculously huge in the waist I could've taken a 31 or 30. Is SLP really that vanity sized or is just that specific wash ridiculously huge ?

Someone must have sold you a fake cause theres no way you will be taking a 30 or 31 with a size 34 in RL LOL

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
Receipt from Neiman Marcus was given, and I'm getting a refund. @scanner LOL

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
Receipt from Neiman Marcus was given, and I'm getting a refund.

Whatever you say, maybe they stretched those F***ers out, but SLP is true to size. Vanity sized sure, but the measurements and sizes don't lie, they are reference level. If you are a 34 in RL, you would probably be a 36 in SLP. Anyway, Kind of fucked up you are asking for a refund for not doing your homework.

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
Whatever you say, maybe they stretched those F***ers out, but SLP is true to size. Vanity sized sure, but the measurements and sizes don't lie, they are reference level. If you are a 34 in RL, you would probably be a 36 in SLP. Anyway, Kind of fucked up you are asking for a refund for not doing your homework.
They were brand new.... not doing my hw I was expecting them to be skin tight lol, I've been lurking on this forum for a minute and it's kind of ridiculous how the sizing is all over the place so I believe you really don't know what you're going to get. If I'm spending $500+ on a pair of jeans you best believe I'm going to have the option for a refund cause if those F***ers don't fit like a glove those ***** are being sent right back where they came haha. If you look all over eBay and grailed everyone is selling 2015 trash denim it looks they really fucked the measurements up here.

Last edited:

Nimzerz

Reaction score

IDK man, im a 29 waist but even sizing down to a 28 in slp jeans, the waist was loose before it even stretched out on me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads