1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

Don't recall ever seeing this one before, and figured some of you guys would appreciate it- non-studded version of the FW14 biker.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    4 people like this.
  2. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

this, he was just being delusional in his own mind to justify the purchase even more.

3. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

True, all denim expands at the knees, but the SLP did it more than anything I've ever owned (Naked & Famous, APC, Tiger of Sweden, Rag & Bone). I also wash my jeans pretty regularly, but no luck.

EDIT: Also holy shit guys I realize we all admire different aspects of SLP but please let's not call a jacket with a freaking beaded SNAKE on the back with GREEN eyes "classic" or "understated"--it's neither.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Can anyone actually confirm? I've wondered as well.
    Visually what's the appearance difference between midwaist and low rise?

5. mayastig

mayastig Well-Known Member

Looking at getting a braided belt from SLP. The only other belt I have is a Hermes, measuring my best fit I'm 82cm around (buckle hole to belt hole). What size do you guys recommend for a braided belt? 75, 80, 85? I know braided belts don't necessarily have a "center hole" so unsure of the actual best length.

6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

sl/01 42.5, sl/01h 43 for me

i don't lace my lows jsut shove em in

1 person likes this.
  7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Volchok I wouldn't worry about measurements and just buy your true size. For reference I take L in t-shirts and hoodies, L in all knitwear, L in the denim jackets, 40 in shirts, and 50 in blazers, and L fits me perfectly in the Breton sweaters. I can fit M too but L looks better and it fits over a shirt easier. The only thing I have that I had to size down in is the permanent collection caban, which most agree runs a size large.

2 people like this.
  8. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

To anyone considering D10s, especially those from FW15 (which are my favorite jeans as well), definitely take one size down from your normal D02 size. You can thank me later.

Just ordered the all-black fragment zip cardholder in smooth calf leather. It was between that and the standard grain de poudre with silver zipper, but I'm really not a fan of embossed leathers, even though I may have preferred a silver zipper. The glossy black zipper is nice too though—gives the piece a clean, minimal look. Even the branding is embossed rather than printed in silver.

1 person likes this.
  9. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

i think guy out of black keys used to wear this a few years ago
    cant remember if pics or not

10. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Just to second the person earlier who mentioned the 60cm version of the Wyatt/French boots, these are really an ideal height for many situations. Wish Kering had produced more in this variation and it's unfortunate they produced so few of the French boot in that height (you can still hunt down the Chelsea version) and that they are phasing out the Wyatt 60. Was in the boutique a few weeks back and asked them to find me a pair of the Wyatt 60 in their systems, which they could not. However, there are a few sizes left on YSL.com. I think people will regret not getting these, potentially. In general, the non-harness Wyatt boots from '16 were quite nice all-around IMO - I bought several variations and was quite pleased at the styling and shape, don't know if others agree...I ended picking up two 40cm versions (red/black python and copper) + the 60cm version.

Wish I could find a few more pairs of the FW15 D10 but they are proving hard to track down. I have one extra and unworn but would love to grab a few extras, speaking of items you wish you would have bought or bought more of...

There were a few nice cuts of denim in FW15 - the other (which may not be to everyone's taste) was the zipper detail D02. One of the better cuts of D02 to come around since SS/FW13 IMO.

1 person likes this.
  11. snafu

snafu Active Member

hey guys I have checked everywhere for these and I cannot find a pair of these in sz. 43 anywhere? any help would be appreciated! thank you[​IMG]

12. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Never seen that. I do like the studs though, awesome jacket.

13. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Epic boot. As first I didn't like it, until I saw it in some pictures of it on.

14. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

Has anyone bought this tweed blazer? Really wish I would've copped it at the time (I think it was from 2014?). I'm usually not a fan of 3-button blazers but I really like how this one looks.

[​IMG]

15. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I am looking to buy the palm tree teddy and once again I am not sure about the size I should get.

In Saint Laurent Hedi Era, my size is 48 in tailor jacket / coat.

So I took 46 in permanent teddy (here photos) and 46 as well in Palladium teddy (I have no photos but the size is perfect for me, not oversize, juste the right size looking at the shoulders seam).

I am not a big fan of oversized cut, so I guess I should take 46 as well for the palm tree one, but I am not 100 % sure since the jacket construction is different that those I have : no seam at the shoulders.

What do you think ? If you have this piece, which size did you get ? Did you size down ? Up ?

I would be happy with the runway fit, but NOT bigger :

[​IMG]

I even wonder how it would look on the same model with a smaller size.

Thank you in advance for you help !

16. Angel of Death

imo the palm tree jacket is very ugly and is for people who have no real taste, its all flash and no substance but do what you like.

4 people like this.
  17. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

Well I am buying it for me, not for you, so do not worry. If you tell me where you are living I promise not to wear it in front of you. [​IMG]

Which graphical jacket do you like ? Or may be it's just not your taste to wear graphical clothes, which I perfectly understand and respect.

I am myself quite sober most of the time but occasionally I like to wear graphical pieces. Saint Laurent SS16 is really cool for that of course, I really enjoyed the collection. I am also interested by the moon discovery jacket which is so cool imo.

It's normal that graphical pieces devide people. For example it seems to me that everyone is in love with the blood luster teddy and blood luster design in general. I'll be honnest : I was quite hyped at the beginning and I began to be interested by it, but quickly I realized that I disliked the spirit of the design and that I will not be able to wear it : it's just not me at all. I find the palm tree teddy way more cool, nice, wearable and timeless.

It's juste a question of personal taste at the end of the day. But may be I don't have "real taste" after all. [​IMG]

18. Angel of Death

you have that iconic white twin stripe shoulders bomber jacket. that is what i really like.

and its funny u find the palm tree timeless. i can see it from your perspective, if you live in the south where theres lots of palm trees than its fine.

its just too loud and gaudy for me.

so like you said, its just for you and im just expressing my opinion so do what you like, just make sure u dont regret it 6 months down the road. [​IMG]

19. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

imo your opinion sucks. This is just an insult disguised as an opinion. Keep these to yourself next time.

2 people like this.
  20. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

..and here we go again

5 people like this.