• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

therattler

Reaction score
does anyone alter any knitwear? I've had the breton stripe sweater for awhile now and i rarely wear it because it fits perfect in the body, but the sleeves are a bit too wide. kieran?

Last edited:

niyengar

Reaction score
@cptspaulding666 there is an incredible amount of variability between sizing on different washes of D02's in the same size. When buying used your best bet is to ask for measurements because tag size isn't too helpful. I'm anywhere between a 32 and 36 in various pairs. It's crazy.

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
@niyengar That's crazy, well I hope these destroyed blue fit a bit looser then the cords I tried on.The thighs and waist look very generous at least.

valedictorian

Reaction score
Guys, I just found this shirt here in my size on sale.
Does anyone have it? Is it really oversized as described on ysl.com?
Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles?
I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites).
If someone has it, please advise!

piblondin

Reaction score
Does anyone treat their leather jackets with a protectant spray? Would you recommend doing so?

scanner

Reaction score
Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles?
I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites).

It doesn't fit oversized at all, it's TTS. It comes slightly 'cooked' / baked in.. i'm sure you can wrinkle it out but whats the point? it's not a dress shirt.

I picked up some of the new D02 washed denim and they are really great. My favorite to date. Super skinny and not too long, very versatile. The new shoes as well are very slim and modern. Passed on the devon but all the greatest hits are slightly tweaked to go with the jeans. Some of the pre-collection jackets I was not a fan of but I'm loving the new versions of classics - L01 Calf / L17 in thick lamb and a washed Calf / even the re-iterations from past seasons in thin lamb have gotten a thicker lamb update. Dare I say, I'm actually kind of excited to see what SS17 will bring to the table.

valedictorian

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Really valuable to know it is TTS.

We have casual Thursdays at work (weekend in this region is Friday and Saturday) but my colleagues are quite judgemental and most of them would be quick to tell me that I 'forgot to iron' my shirt. It is a lousy but a valid argument, especially considering the fact that if you work in investment banking, people generally do not understand the kind of fashion that Hedi puts out.
For them, luxury fashion is more leaning towards stupid brands like Brioni and Ferragamo. Hence the question on the wrinkles!

scanner

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Really valuable to know it is TTS.

We have casual Thursdays at work (weekend in this region is Friday and Saturday) but my colleagues are quite judgemental and most of them would be quick to tell me that I 'forgot to iron' my shirt. It is a lousy but a valid argument, especially considering the fact that if you work in investment banking, people generally do not understand the kind of fashion that Hedi puts out.
For them, luxury fashion is more leaning towards stupid brands like Brioni and Ferragamo. Hence the question on the wrinkles!

I don't think I would wear a shirt like that at an investment banking establishment, casual day or not, regardless of brand, and I say this as a professional musician. Then again, I'm not sure how people view plaid / flannel patterns in other parts of the world, but in the USA, even people here are quick to call it workwear or grunge or something an Oakie would wear.

valedictorian

Reaction score
Yeah, I know that Wall Street and Canary Wharf are a bit more subtle, but because Dubai is viewed as kind of fashion hub in the Middle East, people don't raise eyebrows too quickly, especially on Thursdays.
Plus I wear most of my SLP gear on Thursdays (or when I work on weekends at the office), but I try to avoid comments so I won't go with a printed t-shirt for example.

I need to think about the shirt. If anybody else is interested, it's at nugnes1920.it in size 38.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, I just found this shirt here in my size on sale. Does anyone have it? Is it really oversized as described on ysl.com? Also, on many pictures it looks wrinkled as hell, which I know was the purpose. However, is it easy to iron out those wrinkles? I know it's sold out on Mr Porter, where I got below picture from, and pretty much everywhere else (except, as usual, on some Japanese websites). If someone has it, please advise!
I disagree with the previous assessment, it does fit oversize (its how its supposed to fit). If you want it to look like a normal "slim fit" shirt than I would recommend going down a size. As a reference I'm almost always a 39 but went down to 38 in this shirt when I tried it on.

snafu

Reaction score

I have the shirt in a 40 which is slightly larger than my normal 39 that i wear.. some of the surf and sound shirts fit different. This in particular has a herringbone weave and is slightly thicker than the bleached distressed flannels. It has a softer texture and a slight ripple texture but I would not say wrinkled.

oayl

Reaction score
Ive got a d10 black midwaisted raw denim washed and it shrunk! Does anyone have any experience with this? You guys think it'll stretch again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads