1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Thanks man! Really hope these hit sales

2. TheSneakyTruth

TheSneakyTruth Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, the only thing from the current season which actually has me hyped. Sounds like they fit differently to the harness wyatts, really don't know what to go with now size-wise. 42 in the harnesses fit real snug over the mid-foot and heel cup, but otherwise perfect, 43 was a bit too loose on the forefoot. I'm a 9.5E brannock, meaning my size TTS would be 42.5.

3. thorns

thorns Senior member

God damn, looks sexy!

4. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Yeah and tbh.. it just feels more tacky.. It's lighter. But definitely older season calf imo was much better. I had both to compare. I'm sure for summer they wanted something that was a bit more light.. But just didn't seem like the best of . The only plus side was that the tassels are longer than fall winter 13

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  5. scanner

scanner Senior member

[​IMG]

Forgot I had this in my gilt cart when it was at $1899 and went back and saw it was down to $599 and jumped. Same thing happened with Mr Porter a while back, had a duffle in my cart that sold out and magically appeared months later at $299 down from $1599

1 person likes this.
  6. Jectin

Jectin New Member

[​IMG]

Got these today too. Definitely light and stiff. Looks amazing though. It does feel quite different than what you would expect from the pics. My advice is go into the store to try them on. If not, buy from an online vendor with free returns because you may not like it. Personally, I love them.

I took the same size as all my saint laurent boots (harness-suede, harness-leather, jodhpurs, london).

7. jcep

jcep Senior member

Hey guys,

Had a purchase influencing question so I figured I'd reach out to the pros. I'm debating an L01 purchase that I had been putting off and after doing some diligence I'm uncertain if I should be going with a new one or if there's a past season that I should be targeting as ideal (assuming it's not too late to find it).

I understand that consensus seems to indicate that the 'best' seasons for the L17 were FW13 (legacy calf?) and the 16 (mutton?) (please do correct me I'm wrong so I'm aware of the latest and greatest). Is there any consensus on an equivalent season for the L01?

Thanks for the assist.

8. kpmurphy

kpmurphy Well-Known Member

Still think it's such a bummer they put small zippers on this one.
    IMO you can't go wrong with FW13. Been my every day jacket for years now. Such a soft, luxurious lambskin.

9. TheSneakyTruth

TheSneakyTruth Well-Known Member

Nice, I can't tell if I like these better or the old calfskin ones. Probably a good thing with the direction the rest of the Saint Laurent menswear collection is going [​IMG]

10. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Would you say that that's the right size? Thanks

11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

anyone got balmain blazer? just wondering on sizing i want to pick one up and i wear a 46 in le smoking would 46 balmain fit the same or need 44? problem is i can't source a 44 :(

12. jcep

jcep Senior member

Given KPMurphy's suggestion does this look legit to the collective group? Any of you have an idea of what to check for? I'll ask the seller if he's got a receipt but I doubt he'll have it. Would appreciate any thoughts/opinions on the potential purchase/source of purchase/etc if you're cool enough to share em.

Posting for the same jacket in different marketplaces below. [Edit:The one in the bottom is for Grailed but it's getting filtered out.]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292051340787
    https://*****************/listings/1846608

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  13. Jectin

Jectin New Member

It was the right size for me. Of course, I had the luxury of being able to try them on in store. It is tight to start, but so were my leather wyatt harness boots and those stretched out nicely. I have a thin width to my foot if that helps. All my SLP boots are sized down (i.e I take a size down from my TTS). Hope that helps.

14. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Yep! Super helpful. I've sized down on all my SLP boots as well.

15. Slashslash

Slashslash Member

Comparing to the L01 I bought literally yesterday at the SLP boutique, I see a few discrepancies that could be just differences in the seasons. 1) my L01 does not have a center seam in the lining through the label, 2) my L01 has the chain, 3) my L01 has "saint laurent paris" stamped on all the buttons, but it's not clear (could be photo angle) whether that's the case for the lower lapel buttons on this one.

16. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

Did someone in here say recently that they saw some non-croc Ranger side-zips floating around somewhere?

17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

44 (or 44.5) at Rodeo. Not sure about other sizes.

1 person likes this.
  18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Someone said Chicago I believe

19. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

got in my wyatt 30s black suede and i love them, previously only had two pairs of cropped jodhpurs thinking i was satisfied but the wyatt chelsea is a totally different shape might end up wearing these even more!

20. einstine

einstine Senior member