1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

What kind of vibram sole do you apply to them?

2. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Does anyone know if fw16 d02 fit is different from the ss17 d02?

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Spring 17 is essentially the same as f/w, summer has some changes aesthetically. The summer collection has different front pockets with the rivet moving medially, making the opening for the front pockets slightly smaller. The yoke in the back has also changed, the summer 17 have a more traditional yoke. Can't comment on the fit because I think they're horrible and wouldn't purchase them. If I were you I'd stick with spring 17 and earlier.

4. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

Thanks! Do you happen to have any FW16 or SS17 SLP boots? If so, which ones/sizes?

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

my same boots coming in 3 days!!

6. echau

echau Senior member

I have the FW16 black suede chained harness boots in 42.5. I'm a true 10 (43) on the Brannock scale, if that helps any.

Can I post these here? They're Hedi.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  7. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Thanks!

I've noticed MIJ also is bit tighter fit in the seat, slightly more ruff raw.

How is SS17 d02 compared to previous seasons?
    I know fw13 was of course more slim

What about comparing the rest?

Would really appreciate if someone could help me out in comparison. I had previous seasons before since 14. But lost some weight and now am a smaller size. So I'm trying to see if I can hunt down earlier seasons or just stick to what's Available online

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Pinault looks pretty good to me for an older gentleman, other than the sleeves being too long. I especially like the 17 cm trousers - I need to get a pair of them - the heavy fabric falls really nicely. I saw a staff member in Harrods wearing some recently and made a mental note to get some at some stage.

9. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I find the 17 cm trousers to be unwearable without substantial hemming and tapering, so I just stick to D02s. But with the work, I think they can look good.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah I'm between 44 and 46 in them, but the tailor tells me it's a simple job to bring them down half a size. Hemming is required as standard for those too.

11. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I should specify, I meant jeans in particular. I have the pleated trousers from AW14, which have somewhere around a 17 cm leg opening, and they look great after hemming. I had to size up in them though, as they were seriously slim in my normal size.

12. jacobbn98

jacobbn98 Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  13. jacobbn98

jacobbn98 Member

A pair of grails

14. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

I just got these. The metallic finish is so subtle I wouldn't have known unless I saw the description. They have a dull metallic shimmer and are almost a gunmetal color.

15. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Nice - thanks for the input! You mind posting some pics?

16. Slashslash

Slashslash Member

PSA: calf L17 now in stores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17. Slashslash

Slashslash Member

Washed calf to be precise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. TheSneakyTruth

TheSneakyTruth Well-Known Member

Nice, any chance of pics? Also comparing to other black calf shoes if you have any, really interested to know more about these? Fit the same as previous years? TTS or 0.5 down?

How does it look? Are you refering to the anthracite one, or the black one? How's the weight, thickness and grain of the calf?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  19. Slashslash

Slashslash Member

It's black, not anthracite. I've never seen the legendary FW13 calf, so I have no point of comparison. It's more flat than grainy, and it's not super thick or heavy. Obviously heavier than the lamb, and also stiffer as expected.

It looked great, and it was a tougher-looking contrast to the lamb L01 that I ended up getting. Hard choice tho.

20. QuinceBoi

QuinceBoi New Member

not him, but i got a pair of these just a few days ago. i'm a 42 in most things and i got them in 42. they're between TTS and big--i have to wear a pretty thick woollen sock for a nice fit. i didn't get the 41.5s because the sizing is weird on them--same length, but the roof of the boots was much lower and was painfully uncomfortable... i just think they're sized weirdly. TTS should be fine, just a lil roomy.

the leather itself is barely metallic--if it weren't described like that on the site, i don't think anyone would call them that. it's just a normal black leather boot with a bit of a grain. the only noticeable difference between the 'metallic' 40s and the plain 30s is the grain tbh. colour is almost the same, the 40s are just a tiny bit lighter and look a bit more washed out.

i've attached pics (pretty bad lighting, apologies). the boots i've compared them to are plain black margielas (https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/maison-margiela/black-leather-tuxedo-boots/1543534). as you can see the colour is virtually the same.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.