• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score
Anyone know how this AW14 jacket runs? TTS? I'm thinking of grabbing it, though I'm still not sure how much I'll use it.

slann01

Reaction score
Thanks! Have you handled it? How's the quality?

I think it was great, the leather and also the paneling with calf hair was really well made. Don't overpay it though, they went on sale in outlets for less than 1200 eur, in the bigger sizes.

Isolar

Reaction score
I think it was great, the leather and also the paneling with calf hair was really well made. Don't overpay it though, they went on sale in outlets for less than 1200 eur, in the bigger sizes.

I found one in my size for about €2000. Still considering it. I do really like it though. Did you end up wearing it a lot?

slann01

Reaction score
I found one in my size for about €2000. Still considering it. I do really like it though. Did you end up wearing it a lot?

No man, I did not buy it, only tried it one back in store. Would not pay so much to be honest, even if it is cool it is definitely one of the less coveted and rare Saint Laurent perfectos

Isolar

Reaction score
No man, I did not buy it, only tried it one back in store. Would not pay so much to be honest, even if it is cool it is definitely one of the less coveted and rare Saint Laurent perfectos

Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks for the info, man!

Prudy

Reaction score
Ok so I got in the tall jodhpurs in black leather + suede. The suede ones were impossible to get past the first notch on the buckle, seems like the straps are a lot thicker. My cigar ones were never like that even brand new. I managed to rub off a bunch of skin on my finger just trying to buckle them. Anyone else experience these suede ones yet? Don't see myself reaching for these over the black leather or my brown suedes so returning those.

Also wasn't feeling the jodhpurs with my suits - something seemed off with the amount of boot showing or the proportions. I love how my french 85 chelseas look with it though

If you guys have any good inspo pics of suits with SL boots post them please.

Looks great - ever consider wearing a skinnier tie? I think that would look killer, especially with the proportions/French 85s.

I never wear dress/suit pants so I can't help in that department but I do want to see a bit more taper w/ the pants/French 85s as well - but that's probably just me...you wear it well, nice to see some dressed up looks on here!

GeneralNegative

Reaction score
@cloonz Eddy Cue, Apple executive. That's just what your profile pic reminded me of. I didn't realize it was from Seinfeld, never watched the show.

Anyways, the suit looks really good, but like you said, something is off with the boots. I think it's because the pants look kinda cropped and end right where the boot starts.

gustavobradley

Reaction score
New stuff is just Surf Sound but infinitely worse. Kind of disappointed that, aside from the Blood Luster jacket, teddies and some jeans, it doesn't look like the "greatest hits" collection that was being discussed before. Also, those diamond patches take me right back to the mid-2000s... Time for a scene resurgence?

I do find it funny that people on the FB group are blaming Vaccarello for this when it's been made very clear that he won't present for months. Sad part is that if most of this was released under Slimane for SS16, a good chunk of people would buy it up no problem. Really speaks to his cult of personality (for good and ill).

mwn11

Reaction score
I think that blood luster leather is amazing. Would love to see more of it.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there'll be plenty of other options, as always. At least on shoes the cropped jodhpurs on a different last, and the menswear version of the women's 40 mm jodhpurs look great, and we haven't really been able to see many pictures at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads