1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

ROFL, also he could have at least gotten his jacket tailored. His sleeves are way too long.

All the money in the world isn't going to help you if you don't know how to properly drape your body.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

While I think they do look good here, I think it would look better with black boots- at least formality wise. I do love all black+ my lizards though, although it's pretty casual

3. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

I didn't say the clashing of the boots with that specific outfit doesn't casualize it. That's the entire point which was being made the entire time. I think some haven't read the initial post because a couple of you have been stating the exact case @Death24xASecond was making. That outfit still doesn't prove that the cigar/tan color boots are "versatile" to be dressed up (we weren't talking about dress casual. We were talking about being dressed up formally or with trousers/slacks). The point was never to "make an outfit more effortless and casual". It was being asked if the tan boots are "as versatile as black suede" to be either dressed up or dressed down.

Also, I didn't say that the cigar tan can't be dressed up at all, but rather than it's obvious that black suede is more versatile in terms of dressing them up or completely down casually.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  4. TheSneakyTruth

TheSneakyTruth Well-Known Member

In what seasons did the jodhpurs come with a 40mm heel? Seems near impossible to find on the 2nd hand market...

5. echau

echau Senior member

Everyone's feet are different, but here's my experience:

Your Nike size is not your true size. I wear 10, 10.5, and 11 in Nike depending on the model.
    I wear 42, 42.5, and 43 in SLP, depending on the model and season.
    Best to try them on in person, or order a few sizes from a site that accepts returns.

6. volchok

volchok Senior member

Doesn't look cringey at all.

7. mayastig

mayastig Well-Known Member

Get them. The nut suede colorway and finish is very unique and most people will have the cigars anyways. Its also a nice boot to add to your collection. When all else fails, just sell them.

8. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I like the nut too. The rough suede works well for the type of boot it is. Wearing mine today actually after a rainy winter

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

It's a mistake. They are D02. Ssense had them last season and they were skinny

1 person likes this.
  11. BlackChiney8

Hey guys. [​IMG] Pretty happy and excited since my Hedi 30 Chelseas in black suede just came in. The pair was in pristine brand new condition but the only thing I could slightly nit pick on is that the soles show wear like they were tried on in the store. There's scratching and fine chip/ pebble marks on the sole. Otherwise, the suede and construction of the boots look great. I'm not really angry or upset about the sole having scrapes and indentations from being tried on as this isn't a huge issue. I've also tried on pairs in the SLP store and walked around on the tile floors so I can guarantee that those pairs have the same markings as well.

I'm kind of OCD about my purchases and obviously would have preferred a completely pristine pair but like I said, I'm happy enough about getting a $900 pair of boots for $320. I also plan to topy/vibram the soles regardless and that's a part of the game with leather soles. Literally the minute you walk in them outside, the bottom will show wear...

Here are some pics,

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

^ Looks great! I have the 60mm Chelseas in black calf, but you definitely got a nice deal at that price (I got mine for $500 in BNWT condition, which I thought was decent-ish). Yeah definitely topy them. I get that leather soles are supposed to wear and all but hell, if I can protect my leather-sole footwear quite a bit for very little expense, why not. :)

13. BlackChiney8

Thanks man. $500 for a pair of the black calf Chelseas is an insane deal as well. I definitely am going to topy them for both protection and better traction as well. I understand that it's not like stores have stock just for trying on etc (other than the pairs out on display and usually just one foot), but a person who is paying full price and buying a pair for $900, I can't say I would be impressed if I was given a pair that had pre marking and scrapes from someone walking around in the store in them. Like I said, it's nothing to pull hair out over but it should have been indicated somehow that this pair was being shipped from a store and was possibly a display model. I can at least say that the upper doesn't really show any damage at all and just the sole...

I've bought boots and shoes before with bold messages both on the box and on the receipt that if you're considering returning them even in the slightest, they should be tried on only on carpet so the sole doesn't get dirtied or scraped up (obviously so they can sell them as new again if returned).

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Those are good for $320. Could have been a lot worse and they still would be a steal. The first time you wear them they will look much worse. I wouldn't worry about a thing.

1 person likes this.
  15. BlackChiney8

I agree @Jbidwal . You're definitely right. It's pointless to be bothered by something so minuscule. Sometimes I can be stupid for sure though and dumb things like that bother me when they shouldn't lmao. From browsing this thread as well, there are so many who are purposefully wanting to beat up their pairs and would never topy the sold because a lot consider it to be a part of the experience of owning leather soled shoes is to allow them to be worn down and can be repaired far down the line. A cobbler will usually have to sand down the entire sole anyways as well before applying a topy.

What's the majority in here do for their SLP boots though? Do all of you topy your soles or just leave them as is?

16. echau

echau Senior member

I vibram my shoes once the leather sole is worn down to the stitching since that's about what they sand it down to anyways. That said, I've only had to do it once--I have enough shoes in my rotation.

2 people like this.
  17. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Generally speaking, for me it's really not about "these shoes are $1200 so I'll topy them, but those shoes are $200 so screw that" or even about having 50 pairs in rotation. It's more a matter of convenience for me. I find leather soles fragile and I live in the Northeast, so I have to deal with salt on roads and sidewalks several months out of the year. Also I walk a lot. Topy just helps a bit with traction and protection. Sure it won't magically double the life of the footwear but you know, little stuff. Leather Spa in NYC is really nice and does a fine job with the topy that doesn't detract at all from the slim profile we all love. I've got topy on everything (and heel taps on the more worn pairs) except sneakers/boat shoes/loafers.

18. scanner

scanner Senior member

You're the Loafer Shoe Play guy aren't you?

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I don't wear my boots that often where I would benefit from the topy. I kind of like the leather feel on warm pavement. Only downside is you can't wear them when it's wet outside. It hasnt een an issue for me until this year. We got so much rain that I haven't really worn them all winter.

20. BlackChiney8

No idea what you're talking about...