1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

IIRC the logo is embroidered. Also pretty sure most of the men's stuff is still being done by Hedi's old team.

2. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

I just received chain harness wyatt (leather) size 41.5 and... it's too small.

What I don't understand is that 41.5 was perfect on the harness leather model (without the chain), which I tried at the store before ordering the chain one on Luisaviaroma (which they did not have at the store).

I tought the two models, with chain and without chain, would be the exact same sizing... I mean, it's the exact same boot no ? Guess it's not. I am really confused. [​IMG]

Do you guys take different size for these two models ?

As if this were not enough, I also received a 3 passants belt which is too small too. Size 85 is however my normal size (jeans = 30).

Wtf.

3. einstine

einstine Senior member

Opinions on how many inches I should take off the legs. I stopped wearing tighter jeans and washed slims dont stack as well as raws. I was thinking maybe just 1 break, not sure if I should go that short though. Thoughts?

They are brand new with a total of 2 hours of wear so they definitely didn't settle in yet. Beautiful green and blue hue to the jeans when in the sunlight and the slub texture is dope!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 pairs left and good price for slp jeans on End. Ordered 3 models seperate so I didn't have to pay customs. :D
    https://www.endclothing.com/us/saint-laurent-slim-jean-391660-y847m-4164.html

I dont think I would get them hemmed as short as the models but one break may be a good look.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

I'd say at least 2 breaks if you don't plan on tapering them

5. thorns

thorns Senior member

Did you compare both models to see if they are the same length and width? Can you elaborate on how it is too small?

For belt...do you have excess body fat to lose?

6. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

By too small I mean I can't put my feet inside ! It was perfect at the store with the model without chain... I tested 41, 41,5 and 42, and 41,5 was perfect and I was able to put my feet easily. I really don't understand.

Not at all. I do not understand either.

I guess I will have to exchange for a size 90 and 42 on Wyatt. Strange.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. thorns

thorns Senior member

I wonder if the instep area is too small for you. Do you have a high arch in your feet?

8. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

The belt may not fit because slp denim in vanity sized. Based on the measurements of slp denim, a size 30 can have a waist up to 32.5 inches (varies by cut, fabrication and origin). A 85cm belt is only a little over 33 inches. General rule for belts is to go up 2 inches from your waist. So I could see how it might be close.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Are there any brands that aren't vanity sized any more?

I've been wearing 28 jeans forever, but probably would be like 32 IRL and 33 after a big meal. haha.

10. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@OhMe Wow, I also just ordered the chain Wyatts and 3 passants belt from LVR! As for sizing, I always go TTS on Wyatts, without any issues. I got a 90 in the belt, and I'm a 31/32 waist. Fits perfectly on the third hole for me, without being too restrictive. Are you sizing down considerably in your denim? That would affect your belt size.

11. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

I came across the bold 1 and 5 at a Saks Off Fifth this past weekend. It was too clunky and big for my face. I ended up getting the gold frame classic 11's.

12. echau

echau Senior member

@OhMe I wear the same size in the Harness Boot, with and without Chains

13. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

I've seen. Nothing special. No thoughts really. What's your question

14. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

I just take my denim tight as I think everybody else here, since it generally take one size with a few week.

But belt size problem resolved guys : I went in store today and size 90 is perfect.

Quote:
    No, not really.

That's really weird.

Just to be crystal clear, here is the model I tried at the store :

[​IMG]

Link : http://www.ysl.com/fr/shop-product/...uir-noir_cod11154196tk.html#section=men_shoes

And here is the model I ordered on Luisaviaroma :

[​IMG]

Link : https://www.luisaviaroma.com/saint+laurent/homme/bottes/65I-RL5013

Without chain = 41.5 is perfect.
    With chain = 41.5 I can't even put my feet inside

I asked the SA at the store today and they were quite surprised. The only explanation is that this chain Wyatt has a new sizing. I am not even sure 42 will be ok for me.
    Btw I have cropped Jodhpur in size 41 (suede).

[​IMG]

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I have 5 pairs of SLP boots. 3 different sizes total. It's a crapshoot.

16. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

Was every single one of those sizes chosen as the "perfect" size by also trying on pairs in adjacent sizes?

17. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Funny you guys are talking about belt sizing. I was just going to ask! Haha

Yeah, I got 90 off lv and it hits me around 3rd hole, so im assuming thats perfect fitting.

18. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Have the SL1's, I like them alot. started to sell out when lamedashian wore them.
    I recommend those over the bold 1's

But they are just a bit heavy for me on my nose, so it didn't pan out for me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  19. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

I don't know. Am I really the only ones that like this shoe? I get it is tack is says the brand name on the side. But I honestly think it works out well cause the off white slight distress etc.

20. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

I have found that each season sizing can vary on the wyatt. This season I went TTS. Last seasons I was .5 down.