1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. zebidee

zebidee Active Member

[​IMG]
    Another fit pic. Slim cut Peacoat and first season Chelseas.

2 people like this.
  2. zebidee

zebidee Active Member

[​IMG]
    Can't get enough of these babies!

1 person likes this.
  3. scanner

scanner Senior member

Hell yeah, Rock n Roll [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. TheSneakyTruth

TheSneakyTruth Well-Known Member

Is the sizing on the rangers boots the same as the combat boots? ie. +0.5 from your brannock? There's a FW14 ranger boot available, hoping to know if it would fit my 9.5E, relatively wide feet.

5. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

People who own some flannels, do you take them to the dry cleaners or hand wash?

6. stoptryinghard

stoptryinghard Active Member

I get mine dry cleaned.

7. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I dry clean mine and haven't had any snap buttons destroyed yet.

1 person likes this.
  8. scanner

scanner Senior member

I hand wash everything, even silk. The reason they put dry clean on tag is because its the 'safest' method but its not necessarily true. Some of the SA's even told me to not hand wash flannels due to silk lining but that is BS. They do it because some people don't know how to hand wash or use inappropriate soap, leave it in too long, etc.

unless its a suit jacket or something that needs to retain its shape, I always hand wash. Dry cleaners, no matter how fancy or expensive they are, use horrible chemicals and are prone to making certain pieces crack and crumble.

The early SLP stuff for example used mother of pearl and you're technically supposed to tape up every button, etc. A lot of work for being too lazy to just hand wash your shit.

9. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

You physically hand wash everything or you use the "hand wash" setting on the washing machine?

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i just hand wash, can't go wrong, not that hard

11. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

I get things back from the cleaners all the time with the buttons taped up. I thought this was the point of giving things to dry cleaning, so you don't have to worry about that sort of thing yourself.

I agree that a LOT of things that say "dry-clean only" on the tag can be washed - not even just actually hand-washed, but machine "hand-washed" as well. Silk is a good example. Cashmere and other wool knits, too. However, wool pants is where I stop. Maybe I should try it with a pair some time to see how it comes out, but for some reason I feel that woven wool does not take kindly to washing (as opposed to knit wool).

12. Diet CCC

Diet CCC Well-Known Member

What do you mean by crack and crumble? I dry clean most of my nice stuff, never had bad experience.

13. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

What about denim? Do you just dry clean? And I'm also curious if you actually Hand Wash or machine "hand wash"

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i have become too deeply engrossed with Hedi's work, nothing interests me anymore and i never am motivated or filled with desire to acquire anything, nothing speaks to me, of course every now and then a nice piece pops up but it doesn't give me the mental strength to save up for weeks. fashion week isn't even that exciting anymore. i end up purchasing and wearing old season stuff.

gucci probably is the closest to giving me that feeling but i simply cannot afford it so..

bored of rick owens, some nice stuff like haider ackermann or dries van noten but iuno, neil barrett is usually nice but his aw17 collection was weak and his stuff is overpriced that's why so many retailers dropped him the past 2-3 seasons.

i guess i can look forward to rafs ck work to drop in a few months.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    3 people like this.
  15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

A page or two ago, the topic of Hedi starting his own brand came up again. It seems as though this would make sense, since his name carries equity and he has an aesthetic that sells, at least for menswear.

That brings up a few questions, how big is the hurdle for someone already established in the industry, albeit through other houses, to garner the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing support needed to sell a brand?

Also, does he go with Hedi, Slimane, or Hedi Slimane? ;)

It'd be fun, but for some reason, I don't get the sense that the money or the celebrity would be primary drivers for him. Maybe I'm downplaying the money thing.

16. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

This may be a stupid question, but would having the original shoe box and shoe bag increase the value of an item being sold?

17. therattler

therattler Senior member

His main reason against his own label, is it continuing under his name without him. That would be infinitely worse than the Vacarrello degeneration we're seeing. But it would be cool.

Surely he'd have the know how to make it even better than YSL, without the corporate contraints. There would be the issue though: raising the money required without seceding any control to investors, directors etc. And negotiating a kill switch.

18. 40030

40030 New Member

Does anybody have any recommendations for suede shoe cleaners? Thanks

19. Ahmet Baytar

Ahmet Baytar Member

SL product info booklets come with the purchased items suggest to keep the leather items in their own bags & boxes. In this case yes. But many people never do.

20. Nivaze

Nivaze Active Member