1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. linstar

linstar Senior member

They're just called 16cm raw black but they're not like traditional raws. There's kind of a sheen from some sort of coating.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's kind of hard to see but in the first picture it looks normalish but in the second picture you can kind of see a sheen/patina of some sort under sunlight. Sorry for shitty phone pics but the effect is very subdued anyways.

2. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Not my pic but these don't look too bad.

[​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

looks like topshop or something.

3 people like this.
  4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Anyone have a chance to check out the SLP suits? I liked the look online, but wonder about the construction. They seem similar (if not exact?) to Dior, but wondering fi there's any different in quality (i.e., still fully canvassed, etc.) and/or cut.

6. heartlessphil

heartlessphil Senior member

nope! But I bought their all black deck shoes on sale. Quality seems very good and they're very comfy. Still a bit expensive for boat shoes...but the whole collection is overpriced anyway haha!

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Where'd you find them on sale? The black boat shoes are cool!

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Where'd you find them on sale? The black boat shoes are cool!

9. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

private sale started in the boutiques 30%

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  10. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm still considering the jodphurs, maybe if it hits low enough during sale time.

[​IMG]

12. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Hm, I wonder if the online web shop will have a sale too

13. heartlessphil

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Some stuff was 50% off too

15. heartlessphil

Any one know where in the hell I could find the slp lows in black WITHOUT the studs? I'm in canada and I cannot order from the official website. I can't find :-(

16. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

17. heartlessphil

Jeez thanks man!

1 person likes this.
  18. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

i know everyone is clowning on saint laurent, but I stopped by the rodeo boutique today (they moved down the street).. its.. different. it kind of feels like an upscale forever 21. all the boring stuck up sales associates from the ysl days now look cool and skip around throwing stuff around left and right but with a smile. I have to say, it's kind of refreshing. the quality of garments is still questionable, but I like the vibe. they've at least got an atmosphere and a direction they are going in and I hate to say it, I kind of want in.

edit- regarding my forever 21 comment - i just meant the store layout.. where before it was very much luxe / calm / elegant, its now very wild people running around everywhere.

the employees look fucking cool though. i spoke to a couple of guys that are in bands, hired as models to work there. its like a live action lookbook. the store has a simple, upscale rocker vibe that we expect from hedi but done the way it should be done. no one is doing that anymore and it sort of made me a little nostalgic.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  19. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Yeah, I love the new Rodeo store. I went in there to order the 15.5 cm jeans and try on the shoes, and the vibe was just so... unpretentious. Which was weird, since it's Saint Laurent, but while I normally feel very pressured in high-end botiques, I felt totally fine at Saint Laurent. And the outfits they were wearing were amazing.

1 person likes this.
  20. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

been wearing the d03 19cm jeans for a few days, I may be the only one, but I really like them, more than Dior now. The cut's are very close, but really different IMO. for starters, they are way roomier. The rise is much bigger without making it top heavy. very fitted without the dart detail. I actually like the subtleties of the jeans. most of all the symmetry of everything is very elegant. the dior leather tag always bothered me being placed to the left. I got the black raw 19cm with the 5 button fly.. they are black with no stretch so they have the white/grey tint. what I like most is that at a glance, they almost look like they have a shade of blue. so far they don't seem to stretch too much either, which is great as I'd like them to stay fitted. I was also weary about the pockets at first but I like that they are longer.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013