1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Member

Well said.

1 person likes this.
  2. echau

echau Senior member

Wow, that's a great find on Mr. P.
    I wish I stumbled across it; would've gladly purchased a L17 for 70% off, no tax, and would've paid for the overnight shipping/Saturday delivery.

3. scanner

scanner Senior member

They do charge tax now unfortunately, at least in California.

4. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

Damnnn. Man I always miss these! First the biker denim on barneys now this :brick:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  5. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Anyone with experience with the 85 boots? I think they were commonly sold in a "French" leather treatment that's basically a kind of wrinkled sort of finish. Appreciate any comments or opinions/reviews. Seems to be less commonly seen than the usual Wyatts. Ditto for the 60 (or is it 65?) boots.

6. 604skyline

604skyline Active Member

thanks for the replies on my earlier question, hate to do this but, a quick legit check? this is the only pic of the tag i can find...

[​IMG]

7. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

That ridiculous, I pay around £12 at a tailors in the south east. A tailor wouldn't be able to stay in business if they can't even shorten trousers so I wouldn't be particularly worried about them messing it up either.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

holy fuck

9. Gabujabu

Gabujabu Well-Known Member

10. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Finally grabbed something from FW16, after spending the fall stocking up on PC items: the black satin western shirt. Went one size up, per Mr Porter's instructions. Hope it works out.

[​IMG]

Aside from the odd PC item, this may be my last SLP purchase for a while moving forward. Suitably enough fromHedi's final collection. End of an era is right.

11. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Last week, I copped the black harness boots, and I absolutely love them. The problem is, I don't think I'm wearing them/can pull them off to their full potential. Here's a couple of fits (sorry for the bad pictures - my mirror at home kinda sucks for taking pictures):

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think all of the fits look fine, but I think the boots have the potential to make a fit look incredible, and I haven't done that yet. Also, I hoped to absolutely kill with them in my favourite black jeans (which I wear 4+ times a week), and again, I just don't think I do.

I'm still in the time window to return them, so I'm just looking for some advice/thoughts about how I'm wearing them, any suggestions of what to wear them with etc. Feel free to be brutally honest.

12. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Keep them cause they might be gone forever soon. This is the best out of the 3.

1 person likes this.
  13. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't realise that - is that the case for all of the harness boots?

14. anonimar

anonimar Member

????? you can't return a pair of boots after you've been walking around in them outdoors

Edit: not sure how it didn't occur to me that you only tried them on in the store in that pic

The boots look good, it sounds like you may have had pretty high expectations for them though. I wear them the same way, boots, d02's, button up, and an overcoat.

15. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

I haven't - I've worn them in the shop and at home.

16. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that he tried them on at home and in-store...

Edit: I'm glad I was right lol.

17. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Member

Hey man, curious if this pic is recent, and if so where it was taken? I've been kicking myself for not picking up that T-rex sweater and definitely still would if its on the shelf somewhere...

18. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

I reckon that's harrolds in melbourne

19. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Yeah, new creative director. Don't worry though. It will probably be a few seasons before every trace of Hedi is gone.

20. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Oh true, though I'd be very upset if they stopped producing such iconic and well-made pieces