1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Autre Vue

Autre Vue Member

The argument that it is "still Hedi's team designing" is irrelevant at this point. A creative director's primary job isn't design--it's curation. So even if it is Hedi's old team making designs (though supposedly most had left when he did), without him to approve or disapprove what makes it into production, what we get are products that are unedited, unfocused, and in poor taste. Hence why the T-Rex from SS16 worked (playfully irreverent, borderline ironic nostalgia) and why that horrible shark from Spring '17 doesn't (strange color combination, unnecessary text). The shark was a leftover design from SS16, but it was left on the cutting room floor for a reason. The pink-white-pink T-Rex iteration only found on one sweater in SS16, and not plastered all over t-shirts/wallets/backpacks. Without Hedi (or someone as confident or capable) editing and curating what the designers are sending out, we just get bad product decisions. Keep in mind this is a counter to the "Hedi's team" argument of Spring '17. If AV really had a hand in creative-directing Summer '17 (which I believe he did considering the distinct change in aesthetic), then I personally just don't like the direction he's taking the menswear.

6 people like this.
  2. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Noticed some d02 Permanent black jeans are MIJ and some are MII
    I know Japan is usually better. But why are they doing two version, quite confusing

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Hi guys, finished my weekly Saint Laurent video. It's the FW13 sumi ink club biker jacket review. Hope you'll enjoy, remember to subscribe if you want to see more. Next week I'm probably gonna show a Gucci blazer or some CCP boots. Cheers :)
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

This one fits one size bigger. I wear 44 in all saint laurent outerwear and got a 42 in this. One of the best jackets they ever made. Perfect calf leather weight and beautiful lurex details. Shows off perfectly the military/napoleonic aesthetic that Hedi worked on since some Dior Homme collections

2 people like this.
  5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I just got a pair of D02 jeans MIJ from the spring collection (faded blue selvedge). Quality is definitely up a notch from my MII jeans, but also, they're cut a little tighter around the wait and calves and are an inch shorter, IIRC.

6. scanner

scanner Senior member

The end of an era and a final farewell.. with the score of the century [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

that old season stock added to the sale?

cool

what sizes did they have?

8. scanner

scanner Senior member

They had 48 and 50 in L17 when I saw it pop up. They also had some deep discounts on FW16 - Parka Shearling for around $670, Denim Shearling for about $430. I'm sure more will be added throughout the weekend.

9. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

you buy both?

i'm UK so not competing (just a really good deal where you think you should)

think they've only added a couple of (old season) items on the UK sale section (t shirt and leather jeans - which they already had on anyway in newer seasons)

1 person likes this.
  10. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

oh damn, sad I missed that.

11. scanner

scanner Senior member

Naw, I just got one and there were still some left in both sizes for a while

12. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

What website was this on?

13. linstar

linstar Senior member

That's mr. porter, it's sold out though.

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Regardless of who it is doing it, it's truly awful. Most of it looks like a diffusion label, and personally I will be buying almost nothing from it other than permanent collection items.

I wonder if they realise that they'll never have a hit bag, in the way the duffle 12 and the sac de jour have been, again under Vaccarello. They're not even capable of playing with the existing designs - this souple sac de jour is as bad as it gets for example. The ID tag makes it look cluttered, and less structure isn't going to work too well when collapsing out of shape was already a bit of a problem with that bag.

15. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

Been told 30£ for having a pair of trousers shortened in a SLP boutique in London...

Doesn't that seem like quite a fucking lot?

16. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

not really

what did you want them to charge?

could buy a sewing machine - learn to sew - and then do them yourself for free?

17. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Yes, that sounds like a lot, but now that I think about it it's only about $5 more than US, ha.

18. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Well-Known Member

was the it the blue denim shearling jacket or the red shearling cause I already have the red. Got it from sacks at 70% off [​IMG]

19. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

any regular tailor would do it way cheaper.... But then again would I risk a fw13 suit getting fucked up at all...

20. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Thank you :)