• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rilea

Reaction score
@therattler Oh thanks for the information - I can stop worrying now :)

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shape of the Deven boots looks amazing on matches. Jeans look skinny too, but then the model does look like he's been crammed into the smallest size possible looking at the thighs.

I almost like the cropped navy caban, but I'm never that keen on navy jackets with black jeans, and I think the bright gold buttons are putting me off. Perhaps it would look good with raw indigo jeans, but I'd prefer it in plain black with black buttons, or even aged brass buttons. I'm definitely not going to rule it out though as I really need to get a caban or two this season.

Therattler, I'll be buying as much as possible from Saint Laurent this season, although it seems like a lot of the items I want may not be available, and then after that I'll probably continue buying from Saint Laurent here and there depending on what gets carried over. I may also look at DH and Burberry as other options.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The shape of the Deven boots looks amazing on matches. Jeans look skinny too, but then the model does look like he's been crammed into the smallest size possible looking at the thighs. 

I almost like the cropped navy caban, but I'm never that keen on navy jackets with black jeans, and I think the bright gold buttons are putting me off. Perhaps it would look good with raw indigo jeans, but I'd prefer it in plain black with black buttons, or even aged brass buttons. I'm definitely not going to rule it out though as I really need to get a caban or two this season.

Therattler, I'll be buying as much as possible from Saint Laurent this season, although it seems like a lot of the items I want may not be available, and then after that I'll probably continue buying from Saint Laurent here and there depending on what gets carried over. I may also look at DH and Burberry as other options. 

DH is steering toward SLP territory in the latest F/W collection. It's amusing some of the styles, but the neat thing is it's very luxe. Their Madison avenue store has some of the new pieces.

jaco87

Reaction score
Does anyone have the current 40mm tan Chelsea, can you inbox me actual pics

slann01

Reaction score

Yeah I feel you a lot on that Peacoat, to be honest the FW13 version - which got sold only in a few stores - looked so much better.
Also I guess, I kind of predicted it lol, Hedi wearing the FW16 zip up jacket we talked 2 weeks ago http://lustercatcher.com/2016/05/27/hedi-slimane-rocking-saint-laurent-fw16-new-york/

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the cropped one from AW 13 in black with the metal buttons was really nice. London stores had it and I tried it, but I went with the classic caban from the runway instead. Had I known at the time it would get so hard to find items that fitted as well, I would have bought both in a heartbeat. If only I could go back in time I'd buy so much. They did another cropped one for SS 14 in lighter fabric, but the fit was atrocious. They still have them in Selfridges here years later. I wish they'd just reissue the SS 13 one as well for a lighter jacket as the gold buttons looked nice on that one, not as gaudy as they look on this new one for some reason.

On the patent Derby shoes, the idea is actually starting to grow on me. Think I might put my name down for a pair.

Last edited:

$aam

Reaction score
On the topic of shoe care... Do you guys recommend using shoe trees for the suede Wyatts? Also, what kind of suede protector?

Isolar

Reaction score
The Deven boots look cool, but the soles look so thin. I feel like I'd wear through them in a matter of hours.

I like that emerald green velvet bomber jacket. It's more subtle than the music note ones, and I like the piping around the pockets. Might have to have a closer look at that one. I don't like the look of that generic zipper though. How hard is it to throw a Saint Laurent zipper-pull on a fairly expensive jacket.

The jeans look slim, but I'm getting kind of an uncanny valley-vibe from those pictures, like they've been photoshopped or something. Also, is it just me, or do the arms on the t-shirts look really wide?

As for Gucci, while I can admire it from afar, I don't think it can be properly worn without adopting the whole look, which isn't quite for me. It reminds me of the stuff Jarvis Cocker wore in the 90s, which is great if you can pull it off. I wouldn't agree that the quality is any different though. While I haven't examined too much of the newer stuff, I'd say they're about par with Saint Laurent for quality.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but please, the designer name is Michele, he's Italian, not Michelle lol
Best comment of the thred

Michele is awesome, what he has done for Gucci in like first 2 seasons just driven up sales so quick and popularity, he was able to re-do the stores after 2 season so corporate has confidence in him. But agreed that to rock it you need the full h2t look. His stuff immediately got on all the streets during fashion week. Love his shows

Last edited:

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@bawlin or @niyengar or anybody else that picked up the fringed Wyatts, would love to see some fit pics!

Also, I know these are old, but what's the proper terminology/name for these boots:

Anybody ever see these pop up on Grailed or eBay? They seem very hard to find.

Isolar

Reaction score
@barrettdudley Here are a few shots I posted when I first picked them up a few months back:

6ixSide

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there's anywhere that still has babycat skates in stock? The only retailers I was able to find were Selfridges which just sold out & Harrods which only has a size 7 in stock. Not sure if I should wait, and hope they pop up somewhere; or just get a different pair while the private sale is still going on.

sh0ebox

Reaction score

@bawlin or @niyengar or anybody else that picked up the fringed Wyatts, would love to see some fit pics! Also, I know these are old, but what's the proper terminology/name for these boots: Anybody ever see these pop up on Grailed or eBay? They seem very hard to find.
I believe they go by "classique" Chelseas. I have a pair and I dig them. 25mm heel so a bit lower than the current variants. Idk what color those are but mine are ochre suede

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads