1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. scanner

scanner Senior member

[​IMG]
    Why?

[​IMG]

Seriously, Why? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Oh really/ Damn this complicates things, the one i will get is lambskin cause it's my only option, it's new season one if that helps

3. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Yeahh, I think the L01 i tried on was calf, but in 48 (same size as my L17) it definitely felt tighter. I think @ohyehhh has an L01 in 50 and L17 in 48.

Just order from somewhere you can return too and you'll be fine man! Congrats on the future pickup!

4. needhelp123

it's just im in australia so no free returns, it cost like 80aud just to ship it back so i'm trying to get it right the first time

5. therattler

therattler Senior member

I second that: my L01 is a 48, L17 is 46. That photo looks like you're in Harrolds - Saint Laurent is way too overpriced in Australia. Like 6/7k for a leather last time I was there. I hope you're getting a better deal.

2 people like this.
  6. needhelp123

yeah i am haha it was a year ago as you can tell from the trex sweaters on my left

yeah it is unfortunately and harrolds is extremely overpriced, i just go there to try so i know my sizing lol

so based on that photo i should go for 46 since it will be slightly shorter? would 44 be gud? i just want it to fit like this cropped

[​IMG]

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

Hard to say without the comparison of the smaller size. And anyways the L01 has a totally different cut, look and material so it's impossible for you to get the right advice based on that. But what's 80 bucks when you've already dropped a couple thousand?

8. therattler

therattler Senior member

This is the best review on the new stuff.

9. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

haha, yea.

^ needhelp123 as therattler said don't leave it to conjecture, if you've scrimped $$$$ to get something special then 80 fucking dollars to make sure you absolutely get the the right size is chump change. what you don't want to happen is get one size and then always think 'what if the other one was better' ? (maybe that's just me lol).

incidentally love that fit pic from sssense (top part anyhow) - bloodluster tee under a black L01.

10. echau

echau Senior member

I agree with everyone else. 80 AUD is nothing compared to the cost of the jacket. With all the time spent doing research and questioning sizes and whatnot, you might as well pull the trigger. Time = money right?

1 person likes this.
  11. intouch1

intouch1 Member

imo the L017 calf fits a lot tighter than the L01 of which I have 2 versions from separate seasons. silver hardware in lamb and black hardware in lamb.

L017 is a very snug fit in 52....L01 I wear in 50

I am a 48 in SL teddys and 50 in SL blazers/smokings.

the L01 has a very boxy fit compared to the slim cut of the L017

calf fits tighter due to stiffer leather than lamb or suede.

12. intouch1

intouch1 Member

I feel that if you are a 46 in smoking you would be good with 44 in L01

13. needhelp123

Totally right guys but 44 or 46 [​IMG] if i am not mistaken the general consensus is to go 46?

Are the shoulders on 44 and 46 really identical according to SSENSE? It's just the body that is tighter?
    https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/saint-laurent/black-leather-biker-jacket/1837113

14. echau

echau Senior member

I can't speak of the transition between 44 and 46, but when trying on the 46 and 48, I noticed a big difference. I could fit the 46, but couldn't do much else other than stand straight. The 48 fit correctly and I was able to move my arms, reach forward, etc. I fir the 48 in the "mutton" lamb L17 as well.

1 person likes this.
  15. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Late to the party, but god damn, that stuff looks terrible. I figured it would, but it's still a bit galling to see it materialized.

Perfect.

16. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

When the only things that sell well are the reissued items from during Hedi's time, it will send a pretty clear message. I wouldn't put it past them to double down on their approach though.

How large are people here expecting the drop in sales to be?

Why they don't just reissue items from Hedi's archive for menswear I don't know. It's almost like they don't want to make any money.

17. intouch1

intouch1 Member

needhelp....the 44 and 46 certainly will not have the same shoulder width.

as others mentioned before, do not base your size consideration based on the L017...they are totally different cuts. the L01 is much boxier in the torso and overall a much looser fit.

ultimately, the boutique or shop you are buying from should supply you with exact measurements. you could also send them the fit pic of the 017 and they should be able to guide you to the correct fit.

18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

By the way has anybody here been buying anything other than permanent collection items?

The only thing I've pre-ordered is the red and black striped t-shirt which isn't particularly exciting. I've also of course bought several permanent collection items (more white Yves and Dylan collar shirts, another 3 passant, more cropped jodhpur boots, etc.). Having money I want to spend is becoming frustrating. One thing I really need more of in my collection is shoes (of the Derby / Oxford variety, as opposed to boots), but the selection of shoes is even more abysmal than the selection in other areas.

19. linstar

linstar Senior member

Pretty much only interested in permanent collection items that I'm missing. Mainly the camel rancher shearling from awhile back, possibly a leather, and d02s. Everything else has shifted to other brands.

Albeit a different aesthetic, Gucci is putting out much more interesting pieces season after season. Definately been spending mostly on Gucci with the exception of a few grail pieces. Definately hurts the wallet a lot more than slp though.

20. CookieFlow

CookieFlow Member

Anybody own some silk shirts?

Picked one from FW16 that I really wanted, but the quality feels like nothing special, even at the sale price (475€...)
    But my main concern is the fact that it says dry clean only, not something I do very often. Are people doing that all the time, or you can get away with hand wash in cold water?
    It does say do not wash on the tag...

I love the print and how it flows, but between the high price point, and the inconvenience of dry cleaning only, maybe not the best investment.
    Also it fits pretty big, maybe that's the intended cut, but would have probably liked 1 size smaller better :(