1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Beko

Beko Member

2. Gabujabu

Gabujabu Well-Known Member

I don't have that specific jacket but did pick up a Saint Laurent shearling from LN-CC and noted that it was a snug fit due to the thickness of the shearling (so glad I got a 46 in it rather than my typical 44 for blazers), which may be the case for this as well. In case you wear 46, this particular jacket is currently on discount at Barney's.

3. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

Without pictures of a 48, it's hard to tell, but the 50 looks pretty snug on you.

4. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

Does anyone have experience getting vat back from purchases in the EU? Specifically, I am traveling to Paris and will be purchasing an L01 while I am there. Is avenue Montaigne the flagship or is there a larger store? And do they process the VAT reimbursement immediately or are you forced to go through a process at Charles de Gaul airport? Thanks in advance

5. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

The Size 50 already looks too tight on you in the body. If the shoulders are a little big for you, than it might just not be the right jacket for you :(

The Montaigne store is the largest, but I usually goto the Honore store. You do the VAT processing at CdG. Only the major department stores (Printemps, Lafayette) will do the VAT processing at the store itself.

6. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

i did my VAT refund at LHR not CDG but it was a pretty painless process (granted i had an early flight so there wasn't a line). pretty sure even though selfridges 'processed' the VAT refund, i still had to drop off papers at the place in LHR along with stores that didn't do it.

7. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Senior member

if he does go, he will most certainly add ready to wear mens chanel which should be very interesting. he will be given more design creative freedom imo because chanel ready to wear mens doesnt have a specific outlook yet and hedi is the perfect person to begin it.

8. Beko

Beko Member

The shoulders are not to big. They only sits a little bit loosely at the shoulders when I wearing the jacket.

Regular I wear 48/M on jackets or sweaters.

9. linstar

linstar Senior member

Either way it doesn't look great. I wouldn't spend the money on a slp leather if it's not perfect. Would recommend trying a different brand that flatters you more.

2 people like this.
  10. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Got my SLP Zip Ups in today...still can't believe the deal I got on these. Too hyped!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Why are the current season flannel shirts so itchy wtf

12. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Those zip ups are the best thing in the world.

Yes, itchy clothes just suck. I read somewhere earlier that that may ease up with repeated wears, but sounds off putting to me.

13. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

shipping my pair out today [​IMG]

14. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Did you buy the sz. 12 off ysl.com?

15. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

nah. hunted a pair down on grailed and the fit didn't work out

16. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Senior member

Oh yea, you sold yours. Thats right! Sorry man.

17. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I found a pair of the SL01H sneakers for a really good price and I'm usually a size 42 (9-9.5). The issue is that the only remaining size is a 41. Do you think I would be able to pull off the 41? I know foot size varies but my foot is somewhat narrow and I wear 9.5 in athletic shoes comfortably. I don't want to buy without a solid answer as I would lose the import fees/duties when returning.

18. swoops

swoops Active Member

You would need a 42 imo. I'm a 10.5 and have a 43 with really no extra space.

19. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

Thanks swoops. I appreciate the response a lot. I didn't risk it which I'm glad for. I know the SL10H fits about a size large but the SL01H fits maybe half size large at most. So that 41 would probably fit like an 8.5 at most...

20. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

Go with 42. Neiman Marcus has these: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Saint-L...294910321&eItemId=prod189570690&cmCat=product

Italist has these: https://www.italist.com/en/man/shoes/202/?brands[]=76&sort_field=insert_time&q=&limit=60&skip=0

Hope that helps.