1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

its the same job whether its lamb or calf so that would set alarm bells ringing

why's he say its harder?

1 person likes this.
  2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Anyone have a line on the sequin blazer in a 50 for nowhere close to retail?

[​IMG]

3. therattler

therattler Senior member

Only do it if the tailor was recommended by a boutique. And even then, give it time so that the sleeves come up a bit naturally etc.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Calf is more difficult to work with. In some cases may require different equipment.

5. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

sorry misread that

i know different machines but for the thickness of leather i think this guy is having him on

for a decent machinist (and type of leather - we know which brand it is) it'd be the same

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  6. samthemann

samthemann Member

Way too expensive. The Saint Laurent tailor would charge $250 for this. Max.

1 person likes this.
  7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Thanks guys i do have wider shoulders so i think i will go with 44 which will be one size down form my normal.

And yes the shirts are pretty long on me haha

8. mcking

mcking Senior member

Is there an additional sale promo code available?

Also like to know if anyone knows how the ranger 25 zip boot fit? TTS or big? Thanks in advance.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There's not really "Saint Laurent tailors" for most customers.

1 person likes this.
  10. scanner

scanner Senior member

During SS13 - FW14, some SL boutiques had an in-house tailor (Not the cobbler down the road or the local tailor), but actual YSL atelier trained tailors that Hedi had brought in temporarily to do denim and RTW alterations.

Off topic, Did anyone else get their pre-order from Barneys cancelled on the Jeans with leather studded rips?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  11. Shinoda

Shinoda Well-Known Member

Wyatt boots are back on ysl.com, was wondering which is closer to the FW13 version; the nut suede or the cigar suede ver?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  12. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Nut suede. Both are great colors by the way

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  13. Shinoda

Awesome, thanks for info. But why are the cigar suede almost sold out compared to the nut suede though

14. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

No worries.

As to your question, it could be a multitude of factors. You're assuming that since nut is more similar to the FW13 ochre suede, it is more desirable. Though this may be true in niche groups such as those among these forums, it might not be the case for the average SLP consumer.

The difference in stock could be due to a multitude of factors. It may be that the nut suede was more recently re-stocked. Or it may be that the cigar suede is simply more popular (which I doubt since I see this colorway on sale more often than nut, which rarely goes on sale).

15. Shinoda

That's a good point.

I noticed that the nut suede disclaimer that it need to be downsized 0.5 from the usual size compared to others. Do you know anything bout this?

16. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Depends on your foot width in my opinion. Generally, .5 size down sounds like good advice, unless you have very wide feet. I wear a 42 in nut suede Wyatts, Common Project Achilles, and Common Projects Chelseas if that's helpful.

17. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I think that advice was more applicable to previous seasons. In my experience, since the shaft was slimmed back down in SS16, it can be hard to get the boots on while sizing down. It certainly put a lot of stress on the zipper whenI originally sized down, so I ended up going TTS.

18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

It looks like there's new lighter colour for the cropped jodhpurs too. If they're close to the original beige from SS 13 - 14, and if they have the shiny gold hardware rather than the crappy aged buckle, then I think I'll probably grab some.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  19. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

nah i've been watching them on ysl and the cigar suede just sold out and the nut suede didn't. no restock.
    i like the nut suede i just prefer the smooth cigar suede more.

and the reason cigar suede goes on sale is cause they produce more of the cigar suede by far.
    every website has the cigar suede as for the nut suede there only seem to be a couple

20. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

does anyone know how long the sale will last on YSL?