1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. linstar

linstar Well-Known Member

Really? In my opinion it's inherently a casual shoe so the sneaker sole works whereas the leather bottom on the slp version looks off to me.

2. dallinraylee

dallinraylee Member

Sweet thanks! I find it interesting that the fringe are the slimmest, would've expected the 13's to be! I wish they were all as this as the fringes!!

3. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Well-Known Member

I hear you, perhaps it's just something about having a white/cream rubber sole on a moc just looks a bit off to me. Plus to me the thin leather sole of the SLP looks a tad sleeker. In the end i'm not knocking Visvim really, as they look pretty damn sweet to me.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  4. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed a sizing difference on Wyatt style boots between the most recent spring and fall seasons?

I have the Wyatt black leather 30mm Chelsea boots from the spring and like them so much I decided to order a backup from the SSense sale, which I assume to be the fall/winter stuff. The fall ones are about 1/2 size shorter than the spring ones even though they are both 42.5. The boots otherwise look the same. Now I've had to order a size 43 too. (My feet, for context, measure 9.5 on the Brannock, and I wear 10 in Nike, 9 in Allen Edmonds.)

5. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

If you're a size 42 and want to let them go... hit me up. Very interested.

Get a 28 - they'll stretch quite a bit.

6. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Yes - definitely get a 28. 28's my normal size, and this past season has been loose in the waist. I went w/ it thinking it was a nice break for my waistline, but now with a little stretch in the thighs/calves they just look loose all around. I guess it's the slouch look 15 years late.

7. silvrbullett

silvrbullett Member

Got my coat in. Size 46. My concerns were correct that the shoulders are a bit tight. Armholes are high. Forget layering. 48 would have been ideal if it was still available. Buttoning no issue, decent room in the body/waist. Here's a fit pic. Does it look too small?[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. SirGrotius

Looks good to me. I like that sleek look.

9. thorns

thorns Well-Known Member

It looks good because it's was designed for skinny boys in mind. Your delts does pop a bit so maybe slow down the shoulder sessions if you would want it less tight. If you want the eyes to be more distracted from shoulder area, you can pop the collars to balance the width and make the eye focus more on collar.

1 person likes this.
  10. sultanofstyle23

sultanofstyle23 Member

I just bought an L01 in a size 52 for a steal price, but like an idiot without trying it on first.

The fit is tight, much more so than I expected. I knew it was going to be a slim fit, but I didn't expect the arm holes to ride up into my armpits as much as they do and it's tough to zipper up all the way.

Is the 54 that big of a difference or will this stretch out and be fine in a few wears?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

A vast majority of people will not look good in zipped rider style jackets.

12. SirGrotius

What's your body type? If you're on the muscular side it might be a lost cause. I've seen it look best on skinny types without much upper body definition, and let it drape open mostly.

13. sultanofstyle23

sultanofstyle23 Member

Yeah I'm a bit muscular. 6'2", athletic build.

Besides the arms riding high into my pits and the fact that I can't zipper it in, the fit isn't that bad. But not being comfortable in the jacket is a concern.

I'm not sure not if I should just return it or keep it. It's a bit of a dilemma considering the money spent....

14. youwhat

youwhat Well-Known Member

i dont think its meant to be zipped

i'm sure its fine and you're maybe just not used to something being so tight fitting

post a picture

15. SirGrotius

Agreed post a pic. There's probably an ideal look for it, but sometimes you can rock it your own way which will be fine. It's usually pretty obvious. I wouldn't worry about comfort. Tight clothes aren't going to win on that front.

16. djblisk

djblisk Well-Known Member

Damnit. Amex gave me separate $100 credits on Ssense or Mr. Porter if I spend $300. Saint Laurent jeans here I come

17. sultanofstyle23

sultanofstyle23 Member

[​IMG]

Best I can do for now. Like I said, I'm a slightly muscular guy, so I'm unsure if the fit is on point like it should be.

2 people like this.
  18. maomaobear

maomaobear Member

Hi everyone,

Long-time lurker here. I really appreciate everyone's posts and photos of all the beautiful Saint Laurent pieces.

I just had a quick question: how do people usually size on their casual/flannel SLP shirts? I recently purchased the black/white wool western shirt from this past season, but it seems to run a little small on me (a tiny bit short on the sleeves, tight on the shoulders). I usually take a L in shirts for other brands, but since this shirt is made from a thicker material, should I have sized up?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

[​IMG]

19. akjc

akjc Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this, but that doesn't look good at all. Consider other brands or sizing up.

20. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

I usually size up in everything