1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Eugy

Eugy New Member

@OhMe Damnnn "Hedi last collection" sounds cool.

Haha! Thanks for the info man. As long its not from Vaccarello, I am fine with it. I was afraid i might have to sent it back to ssense. [​IMG]

(Think I need more of those black chains man)

2. linstar

linstar Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Legit check? Don't purchase outside of retail often.

3. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

If it's thr guy that is selling 3 diff sizes of fw13 fair isle sweaters they are legit - the outlet he got them from in london had a size XL left which I went to try on

1 person likes this.
  4. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I have raw black d02 that fit perfect, do you guys suggest the same size for the raw indigo or one size down? The measurements look one size larger online. Thanks!

5. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

Thank you for the answers guys.

I am quite worried now.

In comparison with the classic blazer from the permanent collection (2 golden button), which for me is the perfect cut since I tried it last month, how is the cut of the stars blazer ?

Please don't tell me this is the same ****ing boxy cut as this :

[​IMG]

Because if this is the case, I'll cancel my order without thinking twice. [​IMG]

I read your message yesterday and was really surprised to read SLP jacket are not fully canvass (btw I can't find the translation but I am assuming you are talking about what we call "entoilage" in french, this : http://www.paulgrassart.com/entoilage-de-veste-lentoilage-traditionnel-facon-tailleur/ right ?).

I finally asked the question to a girl I recently met, who worked at Saint Laurent studio, and she confirmed me that the jacket are not all fully canvass.

What a disappointment... For 1700 euros it is a shame.

I know a brand in Paris who sell full canvassed jacket for 800 euros, made by italian tailors (for those who are interested : ├ęclectic).

I personnally have only one item from the Palladium collection and that is the "Palladium teddy" : I had an insta crush ! It's so beautiful.

[​IMG]
    Usually I don't like when the brand name is written on my clothes but here I don't know it's just an ultra collector for me, I just love it. [​IMG] I need more black chains too haha.

---

Now I have a certainly boring question for SLP experts : what's the sizing on leather jacket ? I never tried one. Knowing I am a 46 on teddy and tailor jacket, do you recommend me to stay TTS ? Thanks guys !

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  6. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

I'm not the best person to ask because I'm very athletic build 41 chest 29 waist, but it is not boxy. I think I will take maybe 1-1.5 inches off the waist but I am wearing it as is for right now. It's not a super hard drop to the waist but it is not anything like that photo. I am not sure your build but I think you will like it, the chest and shoulders are cut slim and the arm holes are high. Bringing in the sides a little is an easy fix for a tailor

1 person likes this.
  7. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Really loving the studded lapel again now the temp has dropped. Best time of the year.

.[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

looks great.

is that a cotton or wool pullover..? where from? (would like in black).

9. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

Hi guys.
    I am debating whether to buy the velvet officer teddy from this season, given I already own the silk one from 15ss.
    I love how the 16fw one gives a more 'heavier' feeling and am attracted by its more detailed embellishment.
    My fashion budget is limited but not tight, I just don't know if it will be a good investment to my collection.

Been wondering why there's no discussion about this teddy. No one like it? Any comments?

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

11. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

@icvcss I really like it but would don't think i could wear it without it looking "costumey" If you wear the bomber from ss15 already though I'm sure you would be fine.

12. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@icvcss I actually like that bomber quite a bit, especially the salmon-skin epaulets and obviously the embroidery. I had initially assumed I'd pick it up this season, but with Hedi leaving, I ended up stocking up on Permanent Collection pieces instead. I'd really like to see it in person, to get a true feel for it. It's pretty busy, but as long as it's paired with neutral pieces, it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off. Post pics if you get it!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  13. rebirth12

rebirth12 Well-Known Member

Summer is comming and im stocking up on floral/hawaiian shirts so i found this one and decided to get it asap

[​IMG]

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So I'm new to the brand but I'm interested in a few of this seasons SL/10H Court Hi colorways. I did some searching and I am looking to see if others with experience can give me their thoughts. I am a 41 in CP Achilles (40 in Ball Hi), 42 in MMM GATs, 41 in Buttero sneaks, 9.5 US Nike, 9.5 US Adidas Stans, 8.5 in Cons. I'm thinking I would be a 41 or 41.5 on the SLPs. Am I on point?

15. rebirth12

Im 41 1/3 in Stans and bought size 40 in suede SL/18H. I wear size 39 in achilles low though

16. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I wear a size 41 in SLPs, and have MMM GATs in 42, Nikes in 9.5, Converse in 8.5 as you. One heads up is if your feet are on the wider side go with the 41.5, as they're somewhat slim/narrow.

17. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I'm a fan of SLP outerwear and footwear but that looks like a tragic $20 spent at Hot Topic.

18. rebirth12

so just like most of the slp gaudy stuff? lol

19. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey Gents -

Been wanting a SLP leopard-print overcoat for ages so I took the plunge on this one - from all the measurements I've seen a size 48 should do me but I would love to hear opinions as to sizing on this particular coat, anyone tried it on?

I found sizing all over the map this season (per usual) and had to size up on a few blazers I normally take a size 48 in. Was tempted to size down one in this coat but the shoulder measurements seemed a tad too small so I went TTS.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. dallinraylee

dallinraylee Member

hey guys, new here... can anyone post a picture of the lizard effect wyatt on foot? thanks.