1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

How do you like the peacoat? Does it run huge? Contemplating getting one. Have a 38 inch chest, planning on getting a 48

2. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

3. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

sale starts november 23rd in the uk. SA told me that new mens vacarello AW collection is "very different" "no more slim fit".

4. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

Anyone else think that the current season (AW) leather harness Wyatts fit smaller than those from previous seasons?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  5. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

W or SS? Didn't think we'd seen the SS17 stuff yet and the cruise was like pre-season? Or is the cruise collection actually SS17 to go along with Vacarello's runway show?

6. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Double.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  7. clskier

clskier Member

dear god I hope he ends up being wrong...

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

That would be bad.

I like a few of the items of the Spring 2017, so was anticipating only a slight change not a big one. The navy and grey blazers look great to me, especially the former.

9. youwhat

youwhat Well-Known Member

alot of stuff not been that slim for a while anyway

10. zach717

zach717 Active Member

info on denim?

11. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

So I guess it really is over. Better load up on sale items before moving on.

12. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Looking at the cruise collection it's pretty much already over for me, apart from permanent collection (from which I already have most things I want). I'll probably spend the season buying doubles of things I already have, as it could be a while until there's any other label I want to buy from. I'll stock up on a load of basics too like white Yves shirts.

Buyers are really frustrating me at the moment. As an example I was sure I'd be able to buy multiple pairs of shoes AW 16, with there being so many on the runway (I mean shoes as opposed to boots), but then the only pair that they got was the patent which I didn't want (then they sell poorly because most people don't want patent, and then the buyers will probably use that as a reason not to buy the basic leather versions). A terrible lack of shoes available - this Dylan shoe doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Also, a serious lack of plainer items without massive sharks all over them. I like the blood luster print, but I'm not a child and don't really want sharks and dinosaurs all over my clothes. Can't we have the plain hooded tops and sweatshirts back?

I did have a pretty successful season to be fair and bought more than I ever have before due to feeling the pressure of it being Hedi's last season, but the majority of what I bought was permanent, and many of the items were things I'd have bought ages ago had there been availability (69 cm plain 2 button black gabardine blazer for example, which you would expect to be a staple but hasn't been available for nearly two years). I've got a list of basics like that, that in theory should be available year round, that I'm ready to buy if they ever get re-stocked so I've got my fingers crossed. With everything coming out seeming to have some unwanted twist added to it, I'm not holding out too much hope.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    3 people like this.
  13. kieran84

Quick question on suits, is it only the runway suits that come as separates where you can buy for example a 46 in trousers, and a 48 in the jacket? I want to buy one of the navy two button business suits, but I'm screwed if they only come as fixed sizes.

14. jaco87

jaco87 Well-Known Member

@kieran84 call biecester outlet, see if they have any suits from s14. I got a s14 suit in a 48, pants are also 48 but fit the same as current sz46 separate trousers

15. kieran84

Unfortunately I take a 50 in blazers, and 46 in trousers so that won't work for me. Thanks for the information though. The navy suits on MrPorter look nice, but they're not going to be a possibility.

16. cptspaulding666

cptspaulding666 Active Member

17. chipskylurk

chipskylurk Well-Known Member

I've been trying to wear my silver jods more
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Kooples Denim Jacket / Military Surplus Scarf / SLP aw14 flannel / SLP aw15 waxed D02 / SLP ss15(?) jodhpurs

1 person likes this.
  18. Ranger44

Ranger44 Well-Known Member

What's your guys take on the l17 bloodluster? I feel like bloodluster is very well blown up. But wanted to hear your guys opinion

19. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

I think it's a great piece but imo it's too much a statement piece to wear often. unless I already had an L01 and L17 I wouldn't consider it. Also $6k for a jacket is a bit steep.

1 person likes this.
  20. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

When does the in-store private sale start for the EU? (particularly France)