1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Varsity/Lettermen is a vintage design. Never truly goes out. It is iconic. I would truly say 2nd to the biker.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

I have the black gabardine one and find it to be pretty refined. I'm thinking about the black/white Virgin wool one too. The appeal to me is the fit, the warmth, the place it holds as one of the more iconic Hedi Slimane designs, its evocation of youth--it is a varsity jacket, after all--the ability to use it as an everyday jacket during the fall and winter before it gets too cold. It's just a very wearable, high quality, classic piece. FWIW, I'm a size 46 in everything else SLP and Dior Homme and took a 44 on this jacket.

1 person likes this.
  3. piblondin

How do you button a 42 Teddy? I'm 5'7" / 140 lbs. 44 is perfect on me. Really don't think I could go smaller!

4. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

i am 5'8 120lbs i wear 44, i tried a 42 and still buttoned it.

Anyone on here ever got any tom ford leather? I am interested in one but my tts is sold out but the next size up is available so just wanna know how does it compare to a SLP L01 or any leather as I wear 44???

5. agp

agp Senior member

Better. I don't particularly think the quality of slp clothing (besides shoes) is that good, and it's even worse if you consider its price. TF is a bit over priced too but at least you get the highest of quality. Look at Alfred Dunhill as an alternative as the two source their materials and get their things made in the same shop supposedly. I have an AD suede jacket and it feels just as soft as TF's suedes.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  6. Nivaze

Nivaze Active Member

I told you! It's a great jacket and fits good too. Enjoy it!

7. echau

echau Senior member

I only have three pieces of SLP outerwear and I think it covers all the bases. Too bad it's still 85 deg where I'm at.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. OhMe

OhMe Well-Known Member

That's it. [​IMG]

9. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

For me, sizing down in the varsity wasn't an option because of my height. But I don't mind the TTS fit actually, it has interesting proportions without being too bulky. Plus, it was never intended to fit as slim as the other pieces. I have the virgin wool, and I find it very refined for the style.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure Saint Laurent and Alfred Dunhill belong on the same forum, but that's my opinion. AD isn't remotely synonymous with SLP, and certainly isn't a viable option in achieving a similar aesthetic.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    3 people like this.
  10. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

@Isolar

That fits perfect in my eyes. Waist finishes where jeans waist start.

11. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Hey man, could you PM me a fitpic of how the 42 teddy fits on you? I am a bit taller than you if I remember correctly and 44 ones look very bad on me anyway :(

12. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@mwn11 Thanks man!

Speaking of the varsity, has anyone checked out the leather version? It looks interesting, though I might prefer a slimmer cut for an all-leather piece.

13. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I probably jumped the gun there a bit; I don't own one, but have tried them a few times. I'm way too old for one (wrong side of 30), but have tried them on at boutiques due to all the hype. Yes, I'm 5'6", and the 44 looked terrible, 42 cool (in my mind).

14. piblondin

Don't tell me that--I'm on that side of 30 too.

3 people like this.
  15. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

thanks for the reply, how about the sizing? Does slp and tomford have similar sizing? Actually that was what I really wanted to ask but thanks for your opinion on the leather.

Can anyone who knows about parkas tell me that if I am a size XS and 44 in most SLP things, shirts-38 or small, is it possible for me to fit in a parka size small without it looking baggy and ugly? I am 5'8" 120, thin you could say.

16. rk13

rk13 New Member

Looking for and Really Want to buy the FW13 Shearling Coat in size 44. Been looking for over a year now, If Anyone has it and is willing to sell PLEASE let me know. Will Pay Nicely
    [​IMG]

17. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

What do you guys think of the SS17 bloodluster jacket?

Side note: purchased the red flannel coat with faux fur, amazingly comfortable
    - where's my coffee? ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  18. agp

agp Senior member

Ahh... can't comment on sizing, as SLP clothing never passed my touch test (thought the Teddy felt like a potato sack).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  19. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

[​IMG]