1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

How does the sizing work in Chained Wyatts?

is it similar to lets say, robert geller x common project collab side zip boots?

2. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

lol, i wasn't expecting to read such a specific example after 'lets say' [​IMG]

IME the new chain suede wyatts/the new wyatts with the slimmer shaft in general are true to your normal trainer/shoe size. i.e. i'm 43 in the chain suede wyatts/ss16 suede wyatts, and 42.5 in high jodhpurs from 15/16 season (which coincides with what most people report here - sizing down half for the high jodhpurs). for the nut wyatt from fw14 however (the 'hairy' version someone posted pics of a few pages back), i was also half a size down (42.5), which coincides with YSL's recommendation here: http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...-harness-boot-in-nut-suede_cod11014880sm.html

tl;dr: true to size

2 people like this.
  3. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

@ohyehhh Would you be able to post or PM a picture of the tag of your mutton L17? Looking at picking one up before/around Xmas and want to make sure if i order from an online store it is the right model/style code.

4. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

Regarding fw16 suede wyatts I went a full size down from my normal trainer size. In size 9 in Nike and adidas. Went to a size 8 for the suede wyatts.

5. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

yeah full size down from trainers on suede wyatts
    half size down on the calf leather

my tts for trainers is 9.5 i got an 8.5 for my wyatt harness and jodhpurs both F/W 16.

6. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

I'm a 9.5 in Nike/Ultra boosts but a true 9 (my MM GAT sizing, etc.) and I have a 41 in all of my boots. They start a bit snug in the toes but become perfect after a wear or two (and I have wide feet). I wear thin socks with most of my pairs, though.

On another note, does anyone here have experience with SLP Rangers compared to CP Winter Combat boots? I'm on the fence between the two and prices will effectively be the same. I'm just trying to figure out whether the low-profile of the Ranger (which I prefer) is worth it over the bigger lugs on the CP's which may be more helpful in Michigan. I love the external zip on the rangers too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

im looking for the '15 or earlier versions of chained wyatt's black that's not suede. .... i believe 2016 doesnt have it.

so half a size down technically, thanks

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  8. volchok

volchok Senior member

I have the rangers. I like them but I'd say they pass for "normal boots" easily if that makes sense, specially when seen from the front. They don't have that very distinct sl aesthetic that is immediately recognizable. As far as sizing goes I'd say they are tts. Personally, I find the CP Winter Combat boots ugly.

9. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

Appreciate the insight. I have my distinctive SL boots covered, but my go-to winter boots in the past have been from the likes of Viberg, Edward Green, etc. which don't particularly fit my aesthetic anymore. I think I'm going to go wth the rangers

2 people like this.
  10. thorns

thorns Senior member

I think the SL feel is quite subtle when you approach these designs. Very few makers make such a streamlined low profile combat boot that flows beautifully with skinny jeans.

1 person likes this.
  11. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

I'm inclined to agree with you. I think you can approach the designs by trying to emulate the runway look or you can take a more understated approach. I personally like to fly under the radar with nice pieces or just have one thing that 'pops' like tan suede boots with black jeans.

I agree about the combats, as well.

12. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Count me in as another fan of those combat boots. Do you mind sharing where you found them? When I look at the online store I see the crocodile embossed version.

13. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Love the black and white teddy. But it is the most known saint laurent jacket. After the hype wears off, and its not around, it will be an amazing piece to have in your closet few years from now. Congrats.

14. volchok

volchok Senior member

Honestly one of my favorite sl jackets. Wish I had one.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rilea

Rilea Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a stupid/obvious question, but how often do you guys wash your SLP clothes and do you wash them in a different way?

16. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

I do want one. But I have other colors. Might just get for the love of it. Even though most slp fans have.

17. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

TTS on combat boots. Too stiff, not much stretch. TTS forsure.

18. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

I understand the concern with this. Can bother me at times. But to me the high jodhpurs just look like classic man boot with more character to it. I'm taller than harry also. Also can anybody confirm if there is anyway a cobbler can make the shaft smaller so the boot doesn't fold like that? I doubt is possible but never know I do wonder if the old versions (fw13/14) has smaller shaft and it was less flapped. I think the new ones have a bigger shaft. As the market grew small shaft became an issue. i.e. Wyatt over the years

19. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

what's up guys. i have to confess i'm not impressed by some of the new obviously vaccarello stuff trickling into the stores.

i'm clearing out some old and rare stuff. first, OG FW13 calf L17. second, ultra rare first season "L02" (leather) jacket, probably my overall fav leather from hedi's ysl era. also various glitter/lurex blazers (black, gold, silver). all size 48. pm me if interested.

1 person likes this.
  20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member