1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. thorns

thorns Senior member

I suspect only first generation items are Hedi's work (things he put in a lot of thought into). The reissues in different material seem like something that would be pawned off to assistants.

2. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

I just got the FW16 30 mm ones. The height seems the same to me but the shaft is definitely narrower than the spring summer ones.

3. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Really.. Thought it was more wide

4. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Felt more wide to me, but not sure.

5. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

it's both wider and narrower because they made the silhoute on all boots more streamlined than ss16
    with the exception of cropped jods, I think the old silhoutte looks better than the fw16's, but i'm not sure if it is actually a new silhouette because if they are they would have a different style code, I have not checked the new cropped jods' style code

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  6. tutto bene

tutto bene Member

They're the same. Ssense has the accurate picture, ysl.com doesn't seem to update product pictures. If selfridges has them in stock they'll be $7-800, cheaper than US and converted EU retail.

7. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

yeah i was joking

anything 'good' is Hedi while anything 'bad' is Vaccarello

even if its got a dinosaur / whatever on it

1 person likes this.
  8. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

9. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

they are d02, just look at the measurements they are 15 cm

1 person likes this.
  10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I have one from each season and they are the same.

Just received an order from YSL for a second pair of cropped jodhpurs and got two completely different shoes - not sure if it's a manufacturing error or they mixed up two pairs but the strap is in a completely different place:

[​IMG]

I'll have to get some from ssense, or in store, but I don't really like ordering when somewhere has had stock for a while as you can get previously returned items that are creased up etc.

1 person likes this.
  11. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Thats insane! Slightly funny but probably not when its your own order.

Im sure one email with that photo attached and they will send you out another pair. Kind of worrying that something that obvious can slip through QC.

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'd just order the last pair, but I'm concerned that they might have mixed two pairs up or something, because if you look closely, the leather loop that the strap goes through, is a different size, which makes me think they're from two different seasons or something.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The online store is a seperate (Yoox) entity FWIW.

14. cptspaulding666

cptspaulding666 Active Member

15. thorns

thorns Senior member

If you still have them, what are some differences between these two seasons? It seems like the trend of moving the strap a bit lower was also done to the wyatt 30 jodhpurs.

16. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Kieran that's the most extreme example of random sizing ever!

On a micro level, I've found this season's denim all over the place in terms of size, and the two blazers I picked up were from two different planets in terms of cut. Tailoring takes care of that, but still, I don't recall that happening in past seasons, although I seem to remember people mentioning it from time to time.

17. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

I was in store today picking up items from tailoring and the SA said there are rumors of a "pre-spring" collection. Idk what that entails but he said it would be the first time they did something like that. Also said the private sale will begin in Nov but I forgot the exact week he said it would start. Anyone else hear anything about a smaller collection before the full SS17?

18. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

someone probably tried on two pairs and they got put back in the wrong boxes its not outlandish

19. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

many thanks

20. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

They'd come from the online store, and they confirmed there'd not been any returns before I ordered (I usually check this with shoes and belts, as the leather gets marked from other people trying them, and YSL will answer this).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016