• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lamilton

Reaction score
To change the topic, I want to also contribute some of my recent SS16 Pick Ups -

SS16 Lace Up Jacket - Great jacket.. a good compromise to those that want a broken in jacket with a bit of a looser / casual feel

SS16 Distressed Denim Shirt - By far my favorite denim shirt and love the details on the patches - some holes, some patched, very cool. Even my girlfriend uses mine more than me and she originally laughed at a $700 shirt, but the cut is classic and modern and the feel is reference level.

I am not in love with the polka dot yet, but its a beautiful shirt and the distressing is awesome. Maybe after I work out some it will grow on me.

SS15 Chelseas, SS16 Chelseas (my favorites to date, I wear these everywhere) and FW15 Ranger Zips

SS16 Hawaiian Shirt.. Wear this once or twice a week and hand wash and it is perfect. Love the lightness and feel and material.. It's ******* dope!

Dope pick-ups man! Do you topy/vibram your boots, and if so, do you do it as soon as you get them or after a bit of wear?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got both my jodhpurs topy straight away, even tho you can't see original leather sole anymore i like the fact it is in pristine condition well except for the fact there is now glue from topy application all over it

scanner

Reaction score
Dope pick-ups man! Do you topy/vibram your boots, and if so, do you do it as soon as you get them or after a bit of wear?

Thanks! I don't Topy or Vibram, I wear them into the ground straight out of the shop. I don't have the patience to take them to a cobbler. shoes don't last forever no matter how much care is put into them. :)

niyengar

Reaction score
@scanner any fits with the Hawaiian Shirt? I may have to pick one up..

lordofthefart

Reaction score

i got both my jodhpurs topy straight away, even tho you can't see original leather sole anymore i like the fact it is in pristine condition well except for the fact there is now glue from topy application all over it

Don't cobblers remove a layer of the heel when they add the topy and then file down the rest of the sole when they add on the other part of the topy such that it fits flush? This would mean that there is no more layer or pristine condition if you remove the topy.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All depends on what you ask the cobbler to do.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't cobblers remove a layer of the heel when they add the topy and then file down the rest of the sole when they add on the other part of the topy such that it fits flush? This would mean that there is no more layer or pristine condition if you remove the topy.

hm true, i think they do sand it down a little actually, forgot about that

mwn11

Reaction score

Yes all cobblers will sand the sole of the shoe before sticking a half sole on so the glue has something to grip too. A lot of cobblers will tell you just to wear them a few times to break them in and remove the top layer anyway.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last edited:

chipskylurk

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with adding insoles to SLP boots? I would love it if my jodhpurs fit a half size smaller.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thinking of selling my fw13 black low studded sl/01s not sure yet 8/10 cond just not wearing them as much shoulda just stuck with plains

dddibakar

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with adding insoles to SLP boots? I would love it if my jodhpurs fit a half size smaller.

yea i use insoles in my jodhs.... but whats the big deal to ask in the forum? just buy an insole put it in and try it on, if you don't like the fit just take it off. simple as that.

Bussit

Reaction score
I noticed the leather on my current pair of white lows is beginning to crack whereas the pair I've owned since the first season doesn't have any. I don't know if it's a defective pair I have, but thought I'd share anyway.

Isolar

Reaction score
Remember people were talking about Acne jeans a few pages back so figured I'd share my experience. I was in the Acne Archive outlet store today and tried some Ace "eighties black" washed jeans. Ended up going two sizes down from my D02 size, because they didn't have the next size down. These were 95% cotton, 4% elastane and 1% polyester. They're still not quite as tight through the leg as my D02s, especially my FW15 midwaist raws, but they're still pretty tight. Nice denim too, and made in Italy. I'd still go for the SLP, given the choice, but these aren't a bad option either.

I got them primarily because I couldn't find the gray washed D02s, and I got a really great deal on them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics