1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. therattler

therattler Senior member

@prismichelix i don't like to do it myself. but its a pretty standard move, looks cool there. although i don't know that burzum would be cool with it.

2. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

which velvet teddy?

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Probably this one

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I have a couple SLP blazers (black corduroy with leather elbow patches and black with the linen "pique" from this season) and the fit is spot on; i get a lot of use out of them.

Does anyone have experience with the brass button versions in black or navy? I've always eschewed them based on a guttural reaction to the buttons, but maybe I should give them a chance.

5. therattler

therattler Senior member

added the photo sorry dudes.

@SirGrotius i've tried on the black one with brass buttons a million times in store, whenever i want to see how something will look with a blazer on top. fit is identical to my plain gabardine one. i don't like the brass myself, it reminds me too much of my uncle john who has never bought an article of clothing that fits, especially in blue. that said, doing it in black would be a cool way to do that sort of preppy style.

also, I'm surprised no one has any opinions on the new ad.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Ha, I think someone earlier said they were bailing because of it (re: the ad). It struck me as dirty but at least some thought went into it, as opposed to the half-naked models on top of each other.

7. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

yeah he edited and added a pic

its just that its green velvet everywhere bar ysl website
    and we know ysl doesnt always use the correct images

also on ysl it looked like body wasnt velvet (just maybe the trim)

8. therattler

therattler Senior member

i sort of dig the vibe of the ad. hot girl in paris stumbling home in the morning. and the one with the branding across it looks pretty cool, as they've taken away the 'paris'. no more rock and roll, just rich party girl. again, fine by me. you're right though, it's a huge step up from the banal first attempt. i never want to see a men's ad however.

9. scanner

scanner Senior member

Rich Party Girl pretty much accurately describes the new direction.

Some of the PR girls in NY I know have mentioned that Vaccarello has been told to stay away from the Mens collection and to only focus on women which goes along with a few others I know that assisted Hedi in LA and have been offered positions in Paris to only work on mens.

Some of the same girls have also been with SL since the inception and have said that the upcoming womens line is actually pretty phenomenal and only elevates what Hedi has done. I wouldn't hold my breath, but at the end of the day, the girls are the ones buying the clothes.

10. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Its been said that SS17 isn't as bad as people think it will be. And actually to look for it. Some people have said they are actually waiting for it, more so than the fw16. But hey idk thats just word from few reps that saw the new stuff in gallery book. Im sure there is few things I will get. But nothing near as exciting as Hedi Era, I assume

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'm not too keen on the new ad, but at least Vaccarello hasn't moved in an entirely different direction. I thought some of the clothes themselves actually looked really well presented in his Calvin Klein looking adverts (they actually convinced me to buy the black SL01 low tops, and I thought the black suede womenswear Babies boots looked great in the recent email). So far it's been a bit tasteless, but it's early days.

[​IMG]

12. BestThreshNA

BestThreshNA Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they keep stock of the western and 3 passant belts in the flagship nyc store? Looking for 80cm. If they don't have them on 57th st, are there other stores in nyc which would? Thanks in advance!

13. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@prismichelix I think it works well there because the shoes pick up the white in the t-shirt (cool Burzum shirt!), plus the shoes are more of a subdued white. Looks good!

@SirGrotius I considered that blazer myself—before picking up the corduroy that you have—and ultimately, for me, the gold buttons kind of ruin it, even in black. It's just too much of a preppy look for me, especially in blue. It doesn't help that that kind of blazer is the go-to for older guys who can't size anything properly, as @therattler mentioned. It's death by association.

I think the ad is an improvement, though given my distaste for the first series, that's hardly winning praise in itself. I did notice that they swapped out the cut-out logo for the standard Hedi-era helvetica logo (though the removed "Paris" from the text), which was smart. The cut-out looked terribled from a design perspective. Really amateurish. I'm guessing the clothing is Vaccarello-designed, right?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    2 people like this.
  14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

So spot on about the blazers; that's exactly what I see here in Philadelphia. It's a disaster.

15. nachomann

nachomann Member

yay leather season is here!

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  16. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Well-Known Member

17. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

Any sizing advice on the black velvet wyatts? If the fits anything like this season's jodh's, I'll probably go down a full size. If it's closer to Devon sizing, I'll just go down a half size. Or maybe TTS or something else is the answer lol.

18. scanner

scanner Senior member

Leather season with a short sleeve hawaiian shirt?

19. nachomann

nachomann Member

It's cold in the morning but hot in the afternoon in Canada =/

20. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

Manager and friend of the San Francisco store pulled some strings and was able to get me the last pair of the Viper night boots in my size and they are totally insane. Very glad I picked them up. I wore my gold wyatts and Jaquard lipsshirt (around the waist because it ended up,being hot as hell) in and wore the vipers out. The fabric really has to be seen in person and hit with light to be appreciated. Not a plug but if anyone want to see them in motion hit my Instagram oak_ghost . I also tried that insane FW woman's leather jacket recommended by Slann and reminded myself how much I need a calf L17 in my life haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.