1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. YSR9

YSR9 Member

Would be interesting to see what 39.5 would've been like, rather than the 40, even I don't have much room in my 40's either.

2. chv7

chv7 Well-Known Member

The loose harness were only on the SS16. Looks like they fixed it with the FW16 iteration, just by looking at your pictures mines are noticeably looser.

I only have a little bit of wiggle room in the toe, both on my calfs (40.5), and my cigars (40).

3. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

Tie is too long, hair doesn't really fit you. No offense lol
    And for those jeans and boots, I think the SS16 wyatt harness looks kinda odd with cropped pants in general because of the looser harness. Think the FW16 wyatt harness would look way better with cropped pants.
    Other than those everything else look good, definitely see the Harry Styles inspiration here

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  4. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

^I think that's a scarf, not a tie.

I have them, though I had mine slightly cropped (and tapered) because I thought it worked better with the fabric. I really like them, actually. They're very soft and comfortable. They look especially good with tailoring. I can post some pics when I get back from my vacation on Monday.

@therattler the AW15 pinstripe blazer is up on Yoox in 48 and 50, last I checked.

5. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

where are you logging in from? the uk has no SL items at all.

6. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

Sweden. I just checked and it's still there, in 48 and 50. I'm seeing quite a few items, though they're mostly larger sizes. I would think EU would share the same selection. Weird.

7. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Well-Known Member

yeah, agree on the hair and denim. Growing it out/ looking to cop some more lol.

8. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

Where can I find good measurements for the D02? The idea being that I want to alter a pair of denim to achieve as similar tailoring as possible. Thanks in advance!

9. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

There should be plenty of room in the toes in correctly fitting boots and shoes. When we walk, body-weight gets shifted onto one leg and the weight and forwards movement causes the foot to expand forwards. If you don't have a good bit of room in the toes when standing still, then you'll end up with the shape of the little toe showing on the outside of the shoe from it pressing against the outside of the shoe when walking, which is just wrong and is proof of wearing the wrong size.

On this season's collection, I also haven't bought a great deal as I've also been buying a lot of permanent collection items (some being repeat purchases of items I already have). So far I've bought the classic two button blazer in black, the classic caban from LVR (pre-order), the small (but wide) museum briefcase from matches, the raw indigo and black D02's, and the black classic low tops (was actually influenced to buy them by how nice they looked in those terrible Vaccarello videos surprisingly). From the actual seasonal items, I've bought the grey / black striped punk t-shirt, the black merino crew (x 2), the Bowie belt, and the black calf Devon - so hardly anything from the runway. I do really like the collection though, and I think I will be picking up some more (I'm thinking about the faux fur collar black overcoat currently, which I really like, but need to wait for some money from returns to come back to me as I have a lot of money out currently).

2 people like this.
  10. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

Kieran we've basically got all the same stuff. And I'm thinking of getting the black lows as well. I never wear sneaks but they might be a good option when travelling or kicking it.

I haven't been able to try on the new pin stripe. But if it fits it's mine. Just a bit worried about the extra length when worn with jeans. I'm sure it will be fine.

11. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

[​IMG] i am just uploading something that came in from LVR pre-order. FW16 stuff. :)

3 people like this.
  12. jaco87

jaco87 Well-Known Member

you have a pic of the bowie belt? is it tarnished gold? or shiny clean gold?

13. haydrak

haydrak Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hey guys.I just ordered these boots from farfetch in a size 40. Do these run true to size?

14. seraphm2

seraphm2 Well-Known Member

What's a fair price for DS FW13 chain leather wyatts?

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Should have maybe asked before ordering :puzzled:

16. kieran84

kieran84 Well-Known Member

Jaco87 - I haven't actually opened the Bowie belt yet as I haven't had time. I'll post on it when I open it tomorrow.

Therattler - yeah the black low top is really nice. I haven't worn trainers other than for sports in over a decade, but I think these are a nice smart option that fit into my wardrobe nicely.

Anybody have any thoughts on the menswear Sac de Jour bag? It's starting to grow on me quite strongly, but I still have some doubts about it being slightly too feminine looking for a man. Also, while I'll be buying some other little bits and pieces here and there, I only really want to make one more big purchase this season, and as I mentioned I'm pretty close to going on the faux fur collar jacket.

17. haydrak

haydrak Well-Known Member

I could have but i am asking now if you are able to help[​IMG] I have the wyatts and they run one size too big, figured I ll size one down on this one.

18. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I could very much seeing a guy rocking that with a smart, perfectly fitted suit in a business meeting. It almost reminds me of pushing the envelope with the skinny, angular suits that DH and SLP use.

1 person likes this.
  19. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was slightly too feminine, but it's really starting to grow on me as well. I really love the design of it. If I thought it would get significant use, I'd be all over it. Do you know how big it is? I assume it's larger than the women's version—maybe more like a holdall, though small enough to be practical for everyday use. Shit, maybe I do need to grab one...

1 person likes this.
  20. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

I could have gone tts but went .5 down.