1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. stgrim

stgrim Senior member

What's a decent discount to pick up a Classic Toile Monogrammed Museum Briefcase at?

2. chipskylurk

chipskylurk Well-Known Member

Went in to try on a "BABY" tee the other day. Probably going to get it when I get back from vacation. [​IMG]
    My SA also told me that the woman, I forget her name, who came to SLP with Hedi will be heading up menswear and that Vaccarello will really only have veto power. He also described SS17 as a "Hedi Tribute" collection, which we already know.

3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

4. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

what's the appeal of that t-shirt? I saw an entire family of 5 in hong kong - overweight parents, and their early teens children - wearing matching baby t-shirts at once. Looked embarrassing. That pretty much sums up the hypebeast slp graphic t-shirts for me

5. Y3KID

Y3KID Active Member

Very popular with the Asian market because celebrities wore it, and is thus now an insta-recognisabe SLP item. These items appeal to that demographic hugely.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

Have any of you guys tried the new black raw hem?

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I have, fit is good, same as AW 15 D10 more or less. Raw hem and distressing (baked in creases etc), just aren't for me though so I returned them.

8. Gabujabu

Gabujabu Well-Known Member

I ordered Saint Laurent sunglasses from End Clothing valued under $250 for shipping to the US and was hit with a $32 customs bill from FedEx. The website clearly states that "orders up to the value of $800 are free of import tax and duties." When I emailed them about it, they said to contact Fedex?

There was a recent law, Low Value Shipment Regulatory Modernization Act of 2015, which stipulates that orders under $800 are duty free to the US. In fact, I have ordered from Harrods on a few occasions items under $800 and have had these fees. I wonder what is going on.

9. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

So it's just how they are then, I thought I got a bad pair. I tried those today and those creases were bothering me lol.......well I guess I'll have to stick with just the blue & black raw and blue & black destroyed then
    damn some items from FW16 aren't the same as the pictures they show online.......

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  10. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

Is there a difference between the black raw hem from new season and last ??
    Are both mid rise cut? Thanks

11. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

knock offs are cheap

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Both are mid waist, but this season are skinnier (D10 cut like AW 15 raw jenas vs D01 for SS 16 which are looser).

13. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

so is anyone actually able to tell which pair this actually is? Since ysl.com support doesnt even know themself...
    [​IMG]

14. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

I'm a little confused, D01's are low waist 17.5's.. as far as i know only D10's are mid waist skinnies. So what cut/code were SS16's? mid waist 17.5s?! pretty sure they were zip fly too which would indicate skinny cut (D02/D10)?

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

On another note, not sure if anyone's a fan of the backpacks here, but the new F/W 16 backpacks feature a few upgrades. My SO treated me a black canvas one, and there are some cool upgrades/features:

• Canvas is more substantial, feels thicker
    • Keyring discreetly hidden in back pocket
    • Two extra dividers/pockets in main compartment, seem ideally suited to iPads/large phones
    • Discreet hole (bordered by leather) near the top, very back where you could string your headphone wires through if you'd like to store your phone inside the bag while listening to music (not sure why, but maybe cool?)

2 people like this.
  16. chipskylurk

chipskylurk Well-Known Member

I used to hate it but kind of fell in love with it once SS16 started to grow on me.It's just the right amount of "playfulness", if that makes any sense. Also helps that the artwork is absolutely gorgeous.

17. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

its awful

all printed t shirts he's ever done have been

weird as he is into vintage stuff (so think he would know a good / timeless logo)

18. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

Nvm found the shoes. Apperently not available online or in any YSL stores in Europe.. o well

19. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Code was D01 MW. They were maybe skinnier than 17.5s, but much looser than a D02 or D10.

20. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

Thanks, from runway pics the SS16 denim did seem more relaxed then usual.. any chance you could measure the hem on those? Also zip fly right?