• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scanner

Reaction score
It looks really really bad. The world doesn't just revolve around SLP. Try Rick Owens.

Rick Owens is a terrible suggestion for a built person. If Hedi makes his clothes for starving musicians, Rick makes his for stick figures at odd shapes and sizes.

would definitely not be caught wearing jeans like that or people would look at me like im some ****.

Stick to John Elliott, I think?

echau

Reaction score

Awesome! Thanks! They do look pretty good. I guess Mr. Porter took some bad pics. Do these stretch at all? Or do they fit the same as regular D02s? I noticed my black raws have some elastane in them, while these are 100% cotton

They do stretch after a few wears. I wear the same size in 100% cotton and 2% stretch denim.

Bimmer93

Reaction score
I've got some JE, but just sweats. Been happy with their stuff, I'll look at some more. I'm a fan of the riders jacket, just gotta sell this teddy first. Thanks!

This may be blasphemy on the SLP thread, but I'm a huge fan of the JE Rider. Nice option at a much lower price point - particularly if you're a bigger guy. I'm 6'3 215 and the XXL JE Rider fits great, whereas I couldn't get my arms all the way in the sleeves on most SLP leathers.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
to whoever said they were going to wait until they could find a hedi 40 jod: for what it's worth, I thought they looked goofy with the higher heel. they're much more sleek and subtle at 30.

anonimar

Reaction score
to whoever said they were going to wait until they could find a hedi 40 jod: for what it's worth, I thought they looked goofy with the higher heel. they're much more sleek and subtle at 30.
Funny that you mention that, I came across a pair yesterday browsing through grailed sold listings and thought the exact same thing right away. I think having the arch raise so steeply looks goofy on them compared to a wyatt for example (picture below). One of the few boots I'd prefer 30mm.

Last edited:

JasonV

Reaction score
Thanks for all the sizing advice, know it's been asked a ton of times before so appreciate the advice.

Have the Chelsea 30's in two sizes so trying to decide which is going to be better before returning the other. $900 is a big hit to find out sizing is wrong after wearing and that's the best way to tell!

PS. First pair of SLP boots and the comments about the look of the Chelsea's are spot on - they look great!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Something a little different from the various leathers/teddys/blazers

Coat/boots

Last edited:

tutto bene

Reaction score

Funny that you mention that, I came across a pair yesterday browsing through grailed sold listings and thought the exact same thing right away. I think having the arch raise so steeply looks goofy on them compared to a wyatt for example (picture below). One of the few boots I'd prefer 30mm.
I thought the same thing, but I love the wyatt shape so I wanted to see for myself and if anything sell them. I might just get a pair of the SS16 jodhs again if I see them for a good price and get another boot in 40mm, I loved everything about them except for that one detail.

Isolar

Reaction score
I know everyone's probably tired of varsity fit pics, but I need to know if I should size down from 48 to 46 while I can still exchange it.

I wouldn't mind it slightly slimmer in the body, but I also don't want it too short as I'm pretty tall (around 190 cm).

Any thoughts?

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know everyone's probably tired of varsity fit pics, but I need to know if I should size down from 48 to 46 while I can still exchange it. I wouldn't mind it slightly slimmer in the body, but I also don't want it too short as I'm pretty tall (around 190 cm). Any thoughts?
That looks perfect.

Nimzerz

Reaction score

Rick Owens is a terrible suggestion for a built person. If Hedi makes his clothes for starving musicians, Rick makes his for stick figures at odd shapes and sizes. 

Stick to John Elliott, I think?
lmao what are you talking about... Rick Owens himself is ripped and youre trying to say it isn't made for bulky/built people?... Most of the people wearing it Are either ripped or very toned.

That looks perfect.
I agree

Also, fwiw, my experience at the boutique in Vegas was bad but thats just from one SA. Dunno bout the others.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, fwiw, my experience at the boutique in Vegas was bad but thats just from one SA. Dunno bout the others.

I deal with boutique manager and had really great experience. For my next visit I got a few items lined up for me to try out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics